December 2010? Just asking! - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter Archives > Annual December Gathering: PassPorter Events
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 11:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Goofy Groupie

Concierge Level: 6
December 2010? Just asking!

I just want to get the ball rolling. Are all you event planners still exhausted from the December 2009 meet?

I bought an Annual Pass this year and intend to utilize it to the fullness of my pocketbook and my vacation time allotment! So if dates that Cheryl posted back in a 2006 article are still correct, might we be looking at:

Cruise on Disney Wonder December 5-9
Mega Mouse Meet December 9-13

I'm just askin'. I'd love to participate for at least part of the time PassPorters will be gathering!

My Countdown Counting down to:
Gawrsh! I'm at Walt Disney World!
My Previous TripsWDW March 1975 (first visit when I turned 20. Space Mountain was brand new--what a blast!), 1979, 1983, 1986, 1989, 1995, 1999 (solo/Herzogs), 2005 (Disneyland's and my 50th bdays -- four of us acted like 5-year-olds! - CSR/AKL), Dec. 2005 chick trip (CSR), solo Feb 2009, Passporters May 2009 (ASMo), Feb 2010 Solo/Sheri (BW), Oct 2010 MNSSHP (Poly), Dec 2010 MVMCP (WL), Mar 2011 GF, Dec 2011 WL, Feb 2012 AKL/BC, Nov 2012 AKL/PC Dreams Take Flight, Apr 2013 w/Sheri & Nora, Nov 2013 w/Sheri & Dreams Take Flight ---- Disneyland June 2006

Last edited by cindybelle; 01-26-2010 at 11:30 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 01-26-2010, 10:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 1
No idea MouseFan Travel (PP sponsor) along with WDW Today podcast and most probably AllEars are planning for (Land) Dec. 1-5th. No mention of cruise. Mike Scopa is with WDW Today and of course, Deb Wills is AllEars. Both of those people are on the MF committee. I don't know if PP would follow the crowd or choose their own dates.
Oct '99: CSR ~ May '02: CR ~ Nov '04: SOG ~ May '06: SOG ~ Dec '07: Solo @ Pop ~ May '08: Pop w/friends ~ Oct '08: SOG ~ Dec '09: Pop w/LeAnn ~ Sept '10: Solo @ Pop ~ Spring '11: AKL ~ Jan '12: Pop for 1/2 Marathon ~ Sept '12: 1st trip for DL 1/2 Marathon? ~ Feb '13: Pop w/pals? ~ Mar '13: Tokyo Disney w/PP's?
My Countdown Counting down to: Celebrating 15th anniversary at AKLV
We are taking it easy and having a blast!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 01-27-2010, 12:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
PassPorter Message Board Manager

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 3
I have no idea what's happening now that MouseFest no longer exists. Someone told me this year's date and, to me, they seem very early. There's no way we'll be back at WDW in December until 2012 and if the meet's that early in the month, we won't make that one.

Enjoying time in beautiful Verona on our Italy road trip. The trip reports for our cruise on the Magic around Greece and Turkey and a day out in Paris are now complete.

I'm Cheryl and I'm the author of PassPorter's Walt Disney World for British Holidaymakers and the co-author of PassPorter's Disney Vacation Club Guide I'm also one of the PassPorter guides for the Disney Vacation Club, Eateries, Globetrotting, Globetrotting Trip Reports, Disneyland Resort Paris and Disneyland Trip Reports forums.
My Countdown Counting down to: Our wedding anniversary
12 days, 0 hours, 16 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisney: 17 trips to WDW, 5 to Disneyland in California, 7 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 6 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy to the Caribbean (three times), Alaska (once) and the Mediterranean (twice). Non-Disney (because otherwise I can't keep track...): American cities (Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington DC), American National Parks (Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Death Valley, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Grand Tetons, Virgin Islands, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion), Hawaii (Oahu, Kauai, Maui and Big Island) and Europe (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Spain (including Tenerife, Lanzarote and Mallorca), Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Monaco, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
Old 01-29-2010, 04:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

I don't really know what is in the works--MFT and WDW Today seem to be moving away from the traditional dates--maybe becuase that weekend seems to get busier every year. A week earlier may avoid some of the crowds! I don't think I'll be making it to any of those events--but u never know!

ilovedisney247 - Heather PassPorter Guide for The Backyard
Guide for Making More Magic
Guide for Sharing the Magic
My Countdown Counting down to: Leap 2012
24 Hours!
My Previous TripsWDW 1985 off property, WDW 1987 Contemporary, WDW 1989 Poly, WDW Sept. 2006 Pop, WDW Sept. 2007 CBR WDW Aug 2008 ASMu Dec 2008 SSR, May 2009 SSR, June 2009 SSR/VWL, Oct 2009 AKVC, Dec 2009 AKV, June 2010 SSR, Oct 2010 BWV, Nov 2010 CR, Dec 2010 ASp, April 2011 AKVC, June 2011 SSR/ASM, July 2011, ASp, Oct 2011 AKVC, Dec 2011 VGC
Old 01-29-2010, 09:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
PassPorter Author

What's this?

The first question I'll ask is, do we want to wait to see what the MouseFest Committee has to say (so far, there's nothing new at MouseFest.org)?

Since MFT does have a close relationship with a number of the organizations/individuals on the MouseFest committee, I'd assume Dec. 1-5 would be the MouseFest Land dates, if there is to be a MouseFest. Reading the tea leaves, let's assume there won't be MouseFest Cruise under any circumstances.

Was crowds the reason for the shift of dates from the old MouseFest schedule? I'm not sure whether any of the Value Season dates between Thanksgiving and mid-December are much different at this point when it comes to in-park crowds. We can't blame any one event - MouseFest, Pop Warner, the DVC holiday celebration, various corporate meetings and conventions, etc. for the larger attendance. Disney built "it" (holiday festivities at Value Season rates) and everybody has come. The Pop Warner and cheerleading events do put a lot of booking pressure on the Value and Moderate resorts. The 2010 Pop Warner schedule starts on December 4 (with Division Championships) and runs through December 11. If folks want to avoid Pop Warner, that doesn't leave many other dates during the "sweet spot."

The MF Cruise has been an important piece of the scheduling puzzle. Basically, it really only made sense to have the MF Cruise precede the Land. The Sunday departure for the 4-night cruise kills half of the "big weekend" on Land if the Cruise follows Land (we tried it one year, and it was pretty much a disaster). If the Cruise precedes Land, a cruise that starts anytime earlier than about Dec. 1 runs into higher, Thanksgiving season rates. That's why the old MF schedule tended to push Land closer to the middle of December. Eliminate the Cruise, and there's more flexibility for Land scheduling (like avoiding Pop Warner in order to get better group room rates).

So the questions for now would be,
  • Do you want to wait for news from the MouseFest Committee?
  • If there is no MouseFest, would you still be interested in December 1-5?
  • Would you be interested in different dates in December?
  • Might you be more interested in, say, Early November or sometime in October, during F&WF?
  • Right after New Years...

Co-Author, PassPorter's Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Disney Cruise Line, and PassPorter's Disneyland and Southern California Attractions

http://www.passporter.com/
My Countdown Counting down to: Disney Magic Post-Drydock
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsToo many to recall!
Old 01-31-2010, 03:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Lots of things to think about, Dave. Personally, I can't make it the first week of December because of work. The next weekend works out better for me. I do love that time of year with the decorations, extra parties, the cooler weather, resort rates, and generally lower crowds.

I also love the end of October with F&WF and the MNSSHP. That would be a fun option.

Of course, I'll wait to see if the MF committee has any plans this year before deciding. I'm a Passporter first and foremost, but listen to various podcasts and interact with others that aren't PP. So I love it when we all get together.
Oct '99: CSR ~ May '02: CR ~ Nov '04: SOG ~ May '06: SOG ~ Dec '07: Solo @ Pop ~ May '08: Pop w/friends ~ Oct '08: SOG ~ Dec '09: Pop w/LeAnn ~ Sept '10: Solo @ Pop ~ Spring '11: AKL ~ Jan '12: Pop for 1/2 Marathon ~ Sept '12: 1st trip for DL 1/2 Marathon? ~ Feb '13: Pop w/pals? ~ Mar '13: Tokyo Disney w/PP's?
My Countdown Counting down to: Celebrating 15th anniversary at AKLV
We are taking it easy and having a blast!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 02-01-2010, 04:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Goofy Groupie

Dave, at this point I'm on board with just about any of the ideas you listed. For me personally, the earliest weekend in December works better because I wouldn't have to work around my company's holiday party (always the second Saturday in December, and I everybody I work with and have never missed a holiday party in 21 years and don't plan to start now ). But I'd also gladly come for at least a few days the second week of December and would hope to do a few things with my PP buds. So if that second weekend is one that more of the PP regulars choose, I'll work around it.

While I hope to do a cruise with PP someday, I probably wouldn't do so THIS year.

I can only imagine what a scheduling nightmare this has to be for you. I'm more interested in MNNSHP and MVMCP (plus the Osborne Lights and the wonderful Candlelight Processional at Epcot) than I am in the F&WF. But might I show up there if you plan an event? Probably.

You can count on me showing up for something that the PP group does in December 2010.

Now, what does everybody else think?

My Previous TripsWDW March 1975 (first visit when I turned 20. Space Mountain was brand new--what a blast!), 1979, 1983, 1986, 1989, 1995, 1999 (solo/Herzogs), 2005 (Disneyland's and my 50th bdays -- four of us acted like 5-year-olds! - CSR/AKL), Dec. 2005 chick trip (CSR), solo Feb 2009, Passporters May 2009 (ASMo), Feb 2010 Solo/Sheri (BW), Oct 2010 MNSSHP (Poly), Dec 2010 MVMCP (WL), Mar 2011 GF, Dec 2011 WL, Feb 2012 AKL/BC, Nov 2012 AKL/PC Dreams Take Flight, Apr 2013 w/Sheri & Nora, Nov 2013 w/Sheri & Dreams Take Flight ---- Disneyland June 2006
Old 02-03-2010, 10:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
Community Rank: Sightseer

I'm all for anything that avoids Pop Warner - but if that is the only way to get together, I am a go for that too! The kids had so much fun at the dessert party in May and the other planned events, we would be grateful to just have set dates so that we can get a jump on searching for reasonable airfare - it may be me plus 10 11 year olds this time
Old 02-03-2010, 01:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

Early December is a bad time for me because of work, thus my only attendance in 2001.

If it was moved it Oct/early Nov, it would be something I could more easily schedule.

PassPorter Guide for the Staying in Style forum
Old 02-08-2010, 02:51 PM   #10 (permalink)

I like the first half of December for the MVMCP, the decorations, parades, shows, the festive atmosphere, etc. The more intimate gatherings are ideal. Just a personal preference, as I enjoy spending time with PP's and getting to know them better.

Nancy
My Countdown Counting down to: Haunted Happenings PP Meet, Salem, MA
Boo!
Old 05-06-2010, 08:28 PM   #11 (permalink)

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Lor View Post
I also love the end of October with F&WF and the MNSSHP. That would be a fun option.
I would love that too. DH can never get ant time off from Thanksgiving to Christmas. He would love to be able to go & join in all the fun..

Merry
Eeyore Tattoo's Bio
"Vacationing Your Way: Your Special Needs" Forum & DL: Southern California Attractions
My Previous TripsCBR: May 1999, CBR:October 2001 Disneyland: June 2002, CSR: October: 2003, POR: May 2005, POFQ: Dec-Jan 2005-2006, POFQ: May 2007, POR :Dec. 2007, Disneyland:May 2008, Mousefest: Dec. 2008 Disneyland: June 2009 AKL Savanna: Oct. 2009 December Gathering BLT: Dec. 2009 BLT Oct. 2010 Paradise Pier Aug. 2011 BLT Nov. 2011 Disneyland/California Adventure 2013 AKV May 2013
Old 05-26-2010, 04:55 PM   #12 (permalink)

any updates here with mousefest or potential PP meet in the fall, december or whenever??????

My Countdown Counting down to: fabulous food and wine fun
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Tripstoo numerous to mention! my favorite places to stay are yacht club and pofq. am known to just spontaneously pop over to the happy place on a whim to meet up with other pp's or just to spend the day in pixie dust!
Old 05-26-2010, 05:45 PM   #13 (permalink)

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Concierge Level: 7
I haven't heard of anything official - but hopefully someone will get the ball rolling.

I don't have any trips planned for this year -

My 3 beautiful daughters - Amanda (25), Sarah (17), Jennie (24)

CRCrazy your PassPorter Co-Guide for Staying in Style Forum, The Backyard, and Disney World Resort Reviews and Ratings
Marie
My Countdown Counting down to: ACDA Cheer National Championships in Orlando!
Go CHEER MAGIC!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW-First trip for our honeymoon to the CR Feb 1986 - then too many to count, but never enough!
Old 05-26-2010, 05:57 PM   #14 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 7
I would like to attend if something gets put together as this is my second year as a PP and have met some of you but would love to meet more. Plus, if I go this year, it will more than likely be a solo trip and what a better way to spend it than with fellow PPs!!

I am pretty flexible and the suggested dates are all ok, except, right after new years, that's a toughie. If MNSSHP or MVMCP are happening when it is planned all the better.

Just Me and My Girl ~ May 29 - June 2, 2012 - A PTR/TR (under construction )

Howdy and Welcome to TX, Mickey Oct 20-27, 2012 - A PTR/TR (under construction )
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDL Summer 1977; DL Summer 1980; WDW Summer 1982; WDW-US June 1992; WDW June 1997; DL-US June 2002; WDW June 2009; WDW Nov 2009; WDW Oct 2010; WDW-US May 2011; WDW-US May/June 2012; DCL Magic Oct 2012
Old 05-28-2010, 01:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Goofy Groupie

December 1-5 ???

Would any PassPorters (PPs) be interested in this: There is no MouseFest this year but there is Reunion 2010 | December 1-5, 2010

I'm looking into this and may change my original plans to go Dec. 5-8.

Except will December 1-5 be crowded because it's right after Thanksgiving weekend? Or will most people who are at WDW for Thanksgiving weekend clear out of there then?

I would really, really, REALLY like to see some PPs at WDW in early December!