Complicated planning for 2 family trip - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter Universe: General Trip Planning and Discussion > Ask the Travel Agents: Your Q&A
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 08:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

Complicated planning for 2 family trip

I am interested in pricing 2 possible WDW booking scenarios for 2014

1) I'm not sure how I can research pricing the packages for my specific dates, when WDW doesn't allow booking from website until January.

2) We might be paying trip for other family (2 adults) staying with us, but not sure what would be cheaper: cabin at Fort Wilderness for all of us or separate rooms (2) at POFQ. (These are the only resorts we want to chose between for this trip.) The difficulty comes as they may be present for fewer days than us, so I'm not sure how to book a cabin with that request. I thought maybe we could do just park tickets if they stayed in cabin with us as it would already be paid, but I don't want to violate the policy that everyone in room must be on same package. I'm not sure what our options are in terms of booking DDP package vs. room and tkts only -AND- which option would be cheapest for us.

Thanks for any advice!
mouseketeer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 6
You can get pricing for 2014 for room only right now and then make it a package later. It's usually more frustrating to do it that way since the rates tend to go up each year, etc but it would give you options at least. You really just have to work the numbers and see how it works out for you guys in terms of the accommodations and tickets, dining, etc. There isn't a way to get around the fact that everyone in a room has to be on the same package so that right there may determine your decision of where to stay, etc. I can run the scenarios for you if you want, feel free to contact me.
Twitter: pixiemichele
Blog:http://thatdisneychick.com
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW TRIPS: First trip in 1987 (I was 4 years old!) Sept. 2007-POR, Jan 2008-Poly, Engaged at the Castle (Nov 2009), Honeymooned on the Disney Magic (Sept. 2009), July 2009-CSR, September 2009-Poly, July 2010-CSR, Nov 2010-Poly, DL-Feb 2010 (DL Hotel) & April 2010. DCL Sept 2009 (Magic-Western Caribbean) Nov 2010 (Disney Wonder-Bahamian) February 2011 (Wonder-Mexican Riviera)
PixieMichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
PassPorter Guide

Oh, and something else to consider is that space/privacy issue. Some people travel really well together and others need that separate space at the end of the day to wind down with their own family, and many times it comes down to the reality of sharing a bathroom as it's generally hard enough to get your own family ready in the morning with the one bathroom in a standard hotel room. Just another point of view to consider
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW TRIPS: First trip in 1987 (I was 4 years old!) Sept. 2007-POR, Jan 2008-Poly, Engaged at the Castle (Nov 2009), Honeymooned on the Disney Magic (Sept. 2009), July 2009-CSR, September 2009-Poly, July 2010-CSR, Nov 2010-Poly, DL-Feb 2010 (DL Hotel) & April 2010. DCL Sept 2009 (Magic-Western Caribbean) Nov 2010 (Disney Wonder-Bahamian) February 2011 (Wonder-Mexican Riviera)
Old 02-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks, PixieMichele! I was considering the separate room idea as they will probably be staying fewer days, and we might also do the water parks add-on to our package, too. It seems that in the end separate rooms would allow each party its own needs and space. Thanks for the advice! I really appreciate it!
Old 02-28-2013, 09:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
PassPorter Guide

Just be sure the water-parks aren't undergoing maintenance during your travel dates (this usually happens in the winter months). We have always enjoyed the water parks and like to take a day at each during a long summer trip to just kind of wind down in between all of our park going. If you are going in the summer you'll want to be at the water parks during the extra magical hours (if possible) to get on the big slides before it opens up to everyone else, it will save you a few hours of wait time in lines and also will get you out of there before the blazing inferno of the sun sets in!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 02-28-2013, 10:03 PM   #6 (permalink)

Oh, I hadn't thought about them being closed. Thank you for that insight. Even if we could go once for lazy river and wave pool, we would be thrilled. We are not big into water slides, so we wouldn't get the bang for our buck, but we thought the add-on would give us some leeway with a few stops at DisneyQuest, too . Because I don't think the other family would be into either, I thought of getting them a different package for fewer days, even though we would love the amenities and atmosphere of FW. But, being as we won't have same tkt arrangements, we will need to do the two rooms. Doesn't the POFQ bus also make a direct stop at Typhoon Lagoon? I think I remember the water park being fairly close to the resort? Thanks again for all the help!
Old 03-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
PassPorter Guide

I personally LOATHE DisneyQuest so that could be why the "water park fun and more" option never appeals to me with the "and more" lol. We love the waterparks though they are a lot of fun. Nothing is worse than having a ticket for a water park then as soon as your toe hits the water you scream and run out because it's freezing! NOT ENJOYABLE! I love a lazy river, i personally feel they should be installed everywhere because I could do a lazy river all day long!

Downtown Disney and Typhoon Lagoon are normally on the same loop. FYI-if you want to go Downtown Disney from your resort take the boat, it's a nice ride on the Sassagoula!
My PassPorter Bookshelf