Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - 11 December - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter Villa: Sharing the Fun Together > The Backyard: Gatherings, Meets, & Group Trips
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 01:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
PassPorter Message Board Manager

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 3
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - 11 December

As there are quite a group of PassPorters going to be at the Christmas Party on 11 December, I thought it might be fun to plan a meet.

In the past, we've got together for the parade, although I know at least one person is doing the dessert party, so I don't know how that would work.

Any thoughts from those who are going?

Trying our best to enjoy Athens on a baking hot day on our magical Mediterranean vacation. The trip report for our weekends in Scotland for the Commonwealth Games continues.

I'm Cheryl and I'm the author of PassPorter's Walt Disney World for British Holidaymakers and the co-author of PassPorter's Disney Vacation Club Guide I'm also one of the PassPorter guides for the Disney Vacation Club, Eateries, Globetrotting, Globetrotting Trip Reports, Disneyland Resort Paris and Disneyland Trip Reports forums.

My Countdown Counting down to: Mark's birthday
15 hours, 59 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisney: 17 trips to WDW, 5 to Disneyland in California, 7 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 6 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy to the Caribbean (three times), Alaska (once) and the Mediterranean (twice). Non-Disney (because otherwise I can't keep track...): American cities (Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington DC), American National Parks (Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Death Valley, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Grand Tetons, Virgin Islands, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion), Hawaii (Oahu, Kauai, Maui and Big Island) and Europe (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Spain (including Tenerife, Lanzarote and Mallorca), Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Monaco, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
chezp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 6
Good idea, Cheryl! I've never done the dessert party, so I can't help with the logistics, but it would be fun to gather everyone together somehow!

My Previous TripsMost recent WDW trip 2/14; Most recent DLR trip 7/12; Most recent DCL trip 7/12 Alaska Wonder
lauriep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Globetrotter

I've never done the dessert party before either, but I would love meet somewhere for the parade.

My Countdown Counting down to: Sons first Food and Wine Festival
60 days, 7 hours, 59 minutes
My Previous Trips2010 - Pop Century; 2007 - Pop Century; 2005 - POFQ; 2003/2000/1999 - Fort Wilderness; 1974 / 1975 - Polynesian
travismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

I'll will be at the party as well. My folks have decided to join us . Which is lovely but was preventing me from making any PP meets. But if I know where you will all be for the parade I will try to meet up as well.

Reunion with Snowbirds 2012
http://www.passporterboards.com/foru...snowbirds.html
My Countdown Counting down to: September 2009 Western Caribbean Cruise
We're off to our Magical 1st cruise
My Previous Tripswdw April 2005 POFQ, April 2007 Pop Century, September 2008 CBR, Feb 2010 AKL, CSR Dec 2012
rlb38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Cheryl, where do you usually watch the parade from?

My Previous TripsMost recent WDW trip 2/14; Most recent DLR trip 7/12; Most recent DCL trip 7/12 Alaska Wonder
Old 10-26-2012, 12:40 AM   #6 (permalink)

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauriep View Post
Cheryl, where do you usually watch the parade from?
We go for a variety of areas, although usually we try and find somewhere with no trees nearby to hinder our views. We could go for somewhere near say the tipboard, so that we're in a good position for the fireworks. Now the next question - first or second parade? We usually go for the second, as we tend to find the crowds thinner. Now that would be 10:30pm - or is that too late for people...

Trying our best to enjoy Athens on a baking hot day on our magical Mediterranean vacation. The trip report for our weekends in Scotland for the Commonwealth Games continues.

I'm Cheryl and I'm the author of PassPorter's Walt Disney World for British Holidaymakers and the co-author of PassPorter's Disney Vacation Club Guide I'm also one of the PassPorter guides for the Disney Vacation Club, Eateries, Globetrotting, Globetrotting Trip Reports, Disneyland Resort Paris and Disneyland Trip Reports forums.

15 hours, 59 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisney: 17 trips to WDW, 5 to Disneyland in California, 7 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 6 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy to the Caribbean (three times), Alaska (once) and the Mediterranean (twice). Non-Disney (because otherwise I can't keep track...): American cities (Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington DC), American National Parks (Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Death Valley, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Grand Tetons, Virgin Islands, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion), Hawaii (Oahu, Kauai, Maui and Big Island) and Europe (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Spain (including Tenerife, Lanzarote and Mallorca), Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Monaco, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
Old 10-26-2012, 06:14 AM   #7 (permalink)

My vote is for the second parade also, even though it's a stretch for me to be up that late! I'll try to take a nap that day. It would be great to have a spot where we could watch the castle show, Wishes and the 10:30 parade without changing spots. I think the tipboard area or the opposite side of the hub would work for this?

Old 10-26-2012, 02:46 PM   #8 (permalink)

The second parade sounds great!! It's not too late for me, I'm going solo and I usually stay up late anyway!!

My Previous Trips2010 - Pop Century; 2007 - Pop Century; 2005 - POFQ; 2003/2000/1999 - Fort Wilderness; 1974 / 1975 - Polynesian
Old 10-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #9 (permalink)

Second parade is fine with me!

My Previous Tripswdw April 2005 POFQ, April 2007 Pop Century, September 2008 CBR, Feb 2010 AKL, CSR Dec 2012
Old 10-27-2012, 04:15 AM   #10 (permalink)

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

So how about we say that we'll meet in front of the tip board - I'm happy to meet there just before Wishes, maybe 9:00 or 9:15pm and then we can hopefully stake out a spot nearby, so that if anyone wants to come by afterwards, then we can see them. I find that usually works for us, as by that time of the party, sitting down for an hour to await the parade gives us a good break.

How does that sound to everyone?

15 hours, 59 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 10-27-2012, 06:46 AM   #11 (permalink)

Sounds good to me!

Old 10-27-2012, 08:54 AM   #12 (permalink)

Sounds good!

Old 10-27-2012, 09:17 AM   #13 (permalink)
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Explorer

Sounds great Cheryl! I put in a request off for that evening!

ilovedisney247 - Heather PassPorter Guide for The Backyard
Guide for Making More Magic
Guide for Sharing the Magic
My Countdown Counting down to: Leap 2012
24 Hours!
My Previous TripsWDW 1985 off property, WDW 1987 Contemporary, WDW 1989 Poly, WDW Sept. 2006 Pop, WDW Sept. 2007 CBR WDW Aug 2008 ASMu Dec 2008 SSR, May 2009 SSR, June 2009 SSR/VWL, Oct 2009 AKVC, Dec 2009 AKV, June 2010 SSR, Oct 2010 BWV, Nov 2010 CR, Dec 2010 ASp, April 2011 AKVC, June 2011 SSR/ASM, July 2011, ASp, Oct 2011 AKVC, Dec 2011 VGC
ilovedisney247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:38 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovedisney247 View Post
Sounds great Cheryl! I put in a request off for that evening!
Yay, Heather! Looking forward to meeting new friends and greeting old ones!

Old 10-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #15 (permalink)

Sounds great to me!!