Annual Boston Chocolate Buffet meet 2013. - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter Villa: Sharing the Fun Together > The Backyard: Gatherings, Meets, & Group Trips
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 07:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Hakuna Matata
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Legend

Concierge Level: 6
Annual Boston Chocolate Buffet meet 2013.

It is getting close to the time again for Bostons Chocolate buffet meet. It is a day of chocolate indulgence followed by seeing the sights of Boston. Last year we checked out the Navy yard in Charleston touring Old Ironsides and checking out the neat museum they had. This year we are still in investigation what we will be doing afterwards. We hope to see everyone again this year from previous years and hope we meet a few new friends we have not met yet.

Date: May 18th.
Where: Langham Hotel's Cafe Fleuri.
Cost: $40. per person,

Here in the website for more info on the Chocolate buffet:

Chocolate Bar | Café Fleuri - The best chocolate bar at Langham Hotel Boston
FanOfMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 7
Thanks for posting this Janine! I'm looking forward to seeing old friends and new. Oh yeah - and eating so much rich, delicious chocolate!!

My 3 beautiful daughters - Amanda (25), Sarah (17), Jennie (24)

CRCrazy your PassPorter Co-Guide for Staying in Style Forum, The Backyard, and Disney World Resort Reviews and Ratings
Marie
My Countdown Counting down to: ACDA Cheer National Championships in Orlando!
Go CHEER MAGIC!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW-First trip for our honeymoon to the CR Feb 1986 - then too many to count, but never enough!
CRCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

I think I might join in this year. I've been dying to try the chocolate buffet, and dh is not a huge fan of chocolate, plus, I could use some new friends

My Countdown Counting down to: We're going to Disney!!!
We're off....see ya real soon
My Previous TripsCarribean Beach 1996, AllStar Sports 1998, AllStar Movies 2000, AllStar Sports 2002, Pop Century 2006, AllStar Movies 2011
Shawnam1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Community Rank: Globetrotter

Concierge Level: 1
Hoping that Katie will be on her own two feet so that we can come this year!!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Tripswdw 1982, 1987,1992, july 1995, april 1998, april 2001, april 2005, april 2007, august 2010, august 2012
DawnK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #5 (permalink)

I'm hoping to join you again this year, but can't commit quite yet!

My Previous TripsMost recent WDW trip 2/14; Most recent DLR trip 7/12; Most recent DCL trip 7/12 Alaska Wonder
lauriep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Trailblazer

I have always wanted to attend one of these meets - so maybe? Can't commit just yet.

Lisa Co-Guide to Sharing the Adventure Disney World Trip Reports

PTR: Thingamabobs, Zebras, & Giraffes, Oh My!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsPOP September 2013; POP August 2013; AKL & BLT June/July 2013; POR December 2012; SSR October 2012; SSR July 2011; BWV May 2011; SSR July/Aug 2010; WL & SSR July 2009; SSR July 2008; OKW August 2007; OKW May 2007; SSR October 2006; SSR June 2006; OKW December 2005; CS September 2005; OKW July 2005; SSR October 2004; POP June 2004; ASMV April 2004; BWV October 2003
lfredsbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

I really wish I could make this one but we get back from Florida a few days before. Maybe next year!!!!
My Previous TripsDisney has always been a part of vacations!!!
cdnmickeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Hakuna Matata

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Marie- I can't wait, it will be here before we know it! Any Chance of any of your beautiful daughters being able to come this year?

Dawn, lots of prayers and pixies for Katie so that she is on her own two feet so she can make it

Laurie, I hope you are able to make it, it would be great to see you again! We can chat about your trip to South Africa, I am so jealous!!

Lisa- I hope you are able to make it, would love to meet you!!

Angie- Sorry to hear you will not be able to make it, hopefully you can make it next year!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:48 AM   #9 (permalink)

I'm pretty sure now that I'll be able to make it. Also, my friend, Victoria, who is a poster here as Victoria L, will be with me. It'll be her first PP meet!

My Previous TripsMost recent WDW trip 2/14; Most recent DLR trip 7/12; Most recent DCL trip 7/12 Alaska Wonder
lauriep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Trailblazer

is this something that would be okay for my 13 yr old to attend with me??
how does it usually work?

Lisa Co-Guide to Sharing the Adventure Disney World Trip Reports

PTR: Thingamabobs, Zebras, & Giraffes, Oh My!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsPOP September 2013; POP August 2013; AKL & BLT June/July 2013; POR December 2012; SSR October 2012; SSR July 2011; BWV May 2011; SSR July/Aug 2010; WL & SSR July 2009; SSR July 2008; OKW August 2007; OKW May 2007; SSR October 2006; SSR June 2006; OKW December 2005; CS September 2005; OKW July 2005; SSR October 2004; POP June 2004; ASMV April 2004; BWV October 2003
lfredsbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:19 AM   #11 (permalink)

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Explorer

Your thirteen year old would definitely be welcome. My daughter Sarah came when she was thirteen, but she hasn't been able to attend the last two years, because of other committments. She was really sad to miss it.

Janine - I don't know for sure yet whether any of my girls will be there. It's really doubtful that Sarah will be able to come. It is the weekend prior to her big annual dance recital. Jennie and/or Amanda may be able to come, but they won't know till much closer to the event.

I'll keep you posted, and Laurie, I'm excited to meet both you and Victoria. Can't wait till we are closer to the date.

My 3 beautiful daughters - Amanda (25), Sarah (17), Jennie (24)

CRCrazy your PassPorter Co-Guide for Staying in Style Forum, The Backyard, and Disney World Resort Reviews and Ratings
Marie
My Countdown Counting down to: ACDA Cheer National Championships in Orlando!
Go CHEER MAGIC!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW-First trip for our honeymoon to the CR Feb 1986 - then too many to count, but never enough!
CRCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
Community Rank: Scout

I'm putting myself down for a "maybe". I don't drive. I live in upstate NY. It's a 4.5 hour car ride vs. an 8 hr train ride to Boston from here. But it sure would be fun to eat chocolate with some PP peeps! If I can coerce, er. CONVINCE a friend who drives to come with, it's a possibility! It would be a fun weekend.

-Lisa

The World is a book. Those who do not travel read only a page." - Augustine
My Countdown Counting down to: My First Cruise
I'm Sailing!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsSummer 1975 MK offsite, Summer 1976 MK offsite, 4/83 EPCOT day trip, 4/86 MK day trip, 1/89 EPCOT day trip, 11/2003 Super Soap Weekend @ MGM; AS Mu Jazz section, 11/04 SSW @ MGM; Pop 1960's, 10/23-30, 2007 Pop 1950's, 12/7-12, 2011 WDW Today Reunion POFQ; Nov 3-8, 2012 Sports, then 4 nights on Disney Dream
elbug10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

Sorry I can't make it this year. It's always so much fun! But, my baby boy (aka my nephew) is graduating from high school that day. And since they're in Illinois, I won't be anywhere near Boston.
We're Back!!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW YC - Oct. 2012 WDW CBR - Nov. 2007 WDW POFQ - Jan. 2006 Disneyland Paris - Apr. 2005
kelleigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #14 (permalink)
omd

I was hoping to be able to go this year, but unfortunately I have a wedding that day . I know that you will all have a great time.

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW June 1982 Hi Q- WDW May 1987 Polynesian- WDW April 2002 Caribbean Beach- WDW Oct. 2003 Swan- WDW March 2007 All Star Movies- WDW Dec 2007 Hilton DTD- WDW Dec 2008 Caribbean Beach- WDW May 2009 Hilton Grand Vacation Club- WDW Dec 2009 Yacht Club- WDW Oct 2010 Saratoga Springs- WDW April 2011 Beach Club Villas- WDW December 2011 Boardwalk Villas- Disney Dream April 2011- WDW October 2012 Beach Club Villas- Disney Fantasy March 2013
omd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
Hakuna Matata

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Laurie, so glad to hear you are going to make it and look forward to meeting Victoria, glad she is going to make it too

Lisa, I hope you are able to find a friend to bring you, it would be great to finally meet you!

Rachel, sorry you will not be able to make it, though I totally understand, your nephew definitely comes first.

omd, sorry you won't be able to make it this year, I will cross my fingers you will be able to make it next year!

Marie, we may have to arrange something some other time around Sarahs schedule, been to long since we have seen her. I will cross my fingers for Amanda and Jenny