Legoland FLorida - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Florida Destinations Beyond Walt Disney World > Central Florida Attractions: SeaWorld, Discovery Cove, Busch Gardens
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 05:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Globetrotter

Legoland FLorida

Is it a 1 day park ? (we plan to be there in December and come back also in May) or should we go for 2...we will be staying at Disney

A link to our store: http://stores.ebay.com/Collect-Stuff-CollectiblesFollow me on pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/calmomslp247/ Follow me on twitter: pin collector@Mikethepinnut & follow store : Lamb's Collectibles@ColshopS
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW POR July 2008; WDW BWV, AKV-J, SSR July 2009; WDW SSR,AKV-K,POP,ASM,BCV May 2010 WDW SSR, AKV-K, POP May 2012 WDW POP, AKV-K December 2012 WDW SSR, OKW May 2013 WDW POP, DCL MAGIC, OKW May 2014 WooHOO!
trixiedixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

We saw everything in less than a day in January. I don't think it would be worth driving in twice, unless you want to do the water park too. However, we had very low crowds and kids at the upper end of the target audience (8 and 13) so others might have a different opinion.

Melissa
My Previous TripsWDW offsite December 1976, 1979, 1981, 1984, 1986, 1988; DL 1995, 1996; WDW Boardwalk Inn May 1997, January 2000; WDW Boardwalk Villas September 2001; DL Hyatt May 2002; WDW Beach Club/DCL Wonder October 2002; WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge October 2004; DL Hyatt August 2005; WDW Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder February 2006; DCL Magic Western Carib. January 2007; WDW Boardwalk Villas October 2007; Animal Kingdom Lodge/DCL Magic Eastern Carib. January 2008; WDW Beach Club Villas/Vero Beach June 2008; DL Grand Californian June 2009; DCL Wonder January 2010; WDW Boardwalk Villas June 2010; WDW Saratoga Springs October 2011; DCL Dream January 2012; DL Grand Californian Villas June 2012; WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo November 2012; DCL Magic Mediterranean June 2013; WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo/DCL Magic February 2014
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

Concierge Level: 2
A lot depends on the age of your child. DS was 10, and it's really geared to the younger set. We got there at park opening and left by 3pm at the latest because DS just wanted to get on over to WDW. However, he did Love the mindstorm lesson that you can sign up for. It lasts about an hour and got him hooked on robotics, which is a nice thing since the schools offer robotics clubs now.
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips2004 AllStars Movies, 2005 AllStars Movies, 2006 Spring Break, POFQ; 2006 Thanksgiving, POFQ; 2007 Spring break, POFQ; 2007 Thanksgiving, Animal Kingdom Lodge; 2008 spring & Thanksgiving, POFQ; 2009 Spring break, POFQ; Thanksgiving, Caribbean Beaches (Pirates room); 2010 Spring Break & Thanksgiving, POFQ, 2011 Spring Break, POFQ; Thanksgiving 2011 at POFQ; Spring break 2012, Universal Parks & Sea World; 2013 Spring break at Universal Parks & Busch Gardens; 2014 Spring Break at Allstars Movies with Grandkids; upcoming Thanksgiving trip at Universal Parks (Hard Rock) & WDW (POFQ).
mamasann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

My 6 year old really wants to go...I'm hoping to do it on our next trip in November.

My Countdown Counting down to: Disney
29 days, 4 hours, 56 minutes
My Previous Trips10/96-Contemporary, 4/98-Contemporary-Honeymoon, 12/01-Contemporary & Villas at the Wilderness Lodge, 4/04-Port Orleans-Riverside & Beach Club Villas, 4/05-Old Key West & Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, 12/07-Villas at the Wilderness Lodge, 10/08-11/08-Boardwalk Villas & Beach Club Villas,10/09-11/09-Animal Kingdom Villas-Kidani Village, 8/10-9/10-Villas at the Wilderness Lodge & Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort,11/12-12/12- Saratoga Springs & Beach Club Villas, 8/13-9/13-Wilderness Cabins & Animal Kingdom Villas- Jambo House Club & Grand Villa
disneygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

Concierge Level: 7
This is the same question that I had so thanks!!!
BTW... where is the sticky under this forum for Legoland planning? Wish there was one. We have been to Disney once a year for 3 years & want to try something a little different this time. I have no idea of where to even start planning for the portion of our vacation that does not include Disney.
I do appreciate this wonderful Passporter website though. Thanks!

Planning a trip to WDW is like planning a wedding... If you expect things to be flawless, you will be sadly disappointed. If you know that there will be less than perfect times & decide to just laugh them off, then you will be excited when you find the magic all around you.
My Countdown Counting down to: Disney World, Universal Studios, Seaworld, Legoland...
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW Port Orleans Riverside Halloween 2012 along with Universal Orlando Royal Pacific, Legoland and Seaworld. Disney Fantasy 7N Western Caribbean Halloween 2012. WDW Caribbean Beach Resort October 2012. DL Fairfield Marriott Halloween 2011. Disney Wonder 3N Cruise December 2010. WDW Contemporary December 2010. WDW Contemporary summer 1998. WDW spring 1986. DL spring 1985.
DisneyOrBustColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

Concierge Level: 2
We try to incorporate a little something different too since going to the World so many years in a row. The drive to Legoland was only about half an hour and easy to get to. We've also gone to Kennedy Space Center for a day too. That was about 45 min. from the World. Since we drive to Orlando, we do an overnight at the "extra" place. For instance, we stayed by the space center & when we were ready to leave Kennedy, it was just a matter of jumping in the car and go! I just pack a duffle with what we'll need for the overnight and the rest stays in the trunk. Easy, breezy! Same for Legoland. The Best Western was right beside the park! I would say that Legoland is geared for the 10 & under crowd. But it was a really cute park.
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips2004 AllStars Movies, 2005 AllStars Movies, 2006 Spring Break, POFQ; 2006 Thanksgiving, POFQ; 2007 Spring break, POFQ; 2007 Thanksgiving, Animal Kingdom Lodge; 2008 spring & Thanksgiving, POFQ; 2009 Spring break, POFQ; Thanksgiving, Caribbean Beaches (Pirates room); 2010 Spring Break & Thanksgiving, POFQ, 2011 Spring Break, POFQ; Thanksgiving 2011 at POFQ; Spring break 2012, Universal Parks & Sea World; 2013 Spring break at Universal Parks & Busch Gardens; 2014 Spring Break at Allstars Movies with Grandkids; upcoming Thanksgiving trip at Universal Parks (Hard Rock) & WDW (POFQ).
mamasann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

We went in August and loved it. We did everything except the water park and we that in one day. It was really quiet but it was the end of August and midweek. My daredevil 5 yr old loved the coasters especially Coastersaurus. Her and DH got to ride several times without getting off as there was no queues whatsoever.
mooshcat is offline   Reply With Quote