Organizing your supplies - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter Villa: Sharing the Fun Together > The Craft Room: Collecting, Scrapbooking, and more!
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Concierge Level: 5
Organizing your supplies

What do you use to organize your scrapbook supplies?

DH is turning one of the spare rooms into my scrapbooking / craft room. Up until now, I had my supplies crammed into a few pull along craft bags. Now that I'll finally be able to spread out, I'd love to know what everyone does to organize their stuff.

Baby's First Trip to the World TR
My Countdown Counting down to: Baby on Board!
Baby has arrived!
My Previous TripsWDW FW July 1987, All Star Resort Nov 2000, BWV Oct 2001, BWV Oct 2002, OKW Feb 2003, OKW Oct 2003, BWV Apr 2004, BWV Nov 2004, OKW Oct 2005, CSR May 2006, OKW June 2007, SSR June 2008, BWV Jan 2011, BWV Dec 2011 DCL April 2012 DVC HHR May 2010 DVC Conciere Collection - Kapalua Bay Hotel Maui March 2002, March 2004 DVC RCI exchange Maui - Nov 2008
num1DVCfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Batman's Gal/Mickey's Pal
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 6
I am very fortunate to have a scrapbook room and have been working on it for over two years. It is pretty much what I want it to be now.

This is my scrapping table. To the right is a rolling drawer cart that I got at Staples. The drawers are labeled so anyone would know where supplies were. The drawers hold ribbon, adhesives, specialty scissors, brads, matting, tools, extra Xyron adhesive cartridges, etc. On top of it is a little box usually used for keeping nails, screws, and other shop supplies. I have small items sorted out in each drawer. To the left of the table (and not visible in the picture) is another rolling drawer cart with perfect 12 x 12 lidded drawers for paper (you can pull a drawer out and the paper won't fall out). The second cart was bought at Target.

I also have 3 bookcases that hold completed books, photo boxes, larger tools, and keepsakes. The lower shelving unit has wicker boxes that hold paper, stationary, and albums I haven't completed yet. My Cuttlebug is here with a plastic box full of dies.

Finally, I have added some artwork. Over the table is a bulletin board that serves as a living scrapbook.

Over the two shelf unit, I've framed several Animation Academy drawings by Luke, Stefanie, and me.

When I walk in here, I am at peace and withe everything handy I feel even more creative.

Meeting my favorite Mouse and he talks!

Scrapbook pages completed in 2014 = 259/350 pages

Our most recent WDW Adventures are here A Spring Adventure: Wilderness, Flowers, and the Force PTR (with Cam and Luke)

Cam22 PassPorter Co-Guide: The Darkroom , Sharing the Adventure: Disney World Trip Reports ,
The Porch , The Library , WDW Touring Plans and Globetrotting: General Trip Reports
My Countdown Counting down to: Fall Trek Home
Heading Home
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsVWL May 2014--SSR October 2013--AKL/Kidani June 2013--CBR October 2012--BWI June 2012--AKV Jambo House/Kidani Village June 2011 -- November 2010 Beach Club -- June 2010 Beach Club -- October 2009 CBR and Gaylord Palms -- June 2009 AKV/Kidani Village -- June 2008 VWL --June 2007 OKW--June 2006 Disney Wonder/SSR -- June 2005 SSR -- June 2004 VWL -- June 2003 AKL -- August 1997 Off Property -- March 1980 Cocoa Beach
Cam22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
PassPorter Message Board Manager

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 3
Oh wow, I'm seriously jealous now Cam. I have my patterned papers in 12x12 plastic boxes, my plain papers in a 12x12 folder, another box for letters, one for ribbons and a final one for odds and ends and that's about as far as I've got with organising.

Trying our best to enjoy Athens on a baking hot day on our magical Mediterranean vacation. The trip report for our weekends in Scotland for the Commonwealth Games continues.

I'm Cheryl and I'm the author of PassPorter's Walt Disney World for British Holidaymakers and the co-author of PassPorter's Disney Vacation Club Guide I'm also one of the PassPorter guides for the Disney Vacation Club, Eateries, Globetrotting, Globetrotting Trip Reports, Disneyland Resort Paris and Disneyland Trip Reports forums.

My Countdown Counting down to: Mark's birthday
1 days, 1 hours, 43 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisney: 17 trips to WDW, 5 to Disneyland in California, 7 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 6 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy to the Caribbean (three times), Alaska (once) and the Mediterranean (twice). Non-Disney (because otherwise I can't keep track...): American cities (Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington DC), American National Parks (Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Death Valley, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Grand Tetons, Virgin Islands, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion), Hawaii (Oahu, Kauai, Maui and Big Island) and Europe (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Spain (including Tenerife, Lanzarote and Mallorca), Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Monaco, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
chezp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #4 (permalink)

Wow, Cam, thank you so much for sharing the pictures. I was thinking of organizing similar to the way Cheryl has hers, but now I'm seriously in awe over your room. You have given me so many great ideas, and since it's going to be an empty room, I can fill it with drawers and bookshelves.

Baby has arrived!
My Previous TripsWDW FW July 1987, All Star Resort Nov 2000, BWV Oct 2001, BWV Oct 2002, OKW Feb 2003, OKW Oct 2003, BWV Apr 2004, BWV Nov 2004, OKW Oct 2005, CSR May 2006, OKW June 2007, SSR June 2008, BWV Jan 2011, BWV Dec 2011 DCL April 2012 DVC HHR May 2010 DVC Conciere Collection - Kapalua Bay Hotel Maui March 2002, March 2004 DVC RCI exchange Maui - Nov 2008
Old 01-08-2013, 09:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 4
I don't have any pictures of my area, but I have an IKEA desk, then several types of the Jetmaxx storage cubes and various cubicles from Walmart/Target for all my odds and ends. They are all in white, so that they match. Michael's have great matching storage items, and they go on sale all the time, or you can use coupons to get what you need. Also, IKEA have some expedit shelves that I see a lot of scrapbookers use. You can get that with a desk or match with several more of there items. You can always go on their website and look.

OMG!

My normal everyday computer routine!
My Previous TripsWDW May 1980, April 1988, June 2003, Nov 2005, Nov/Dec 2007, Disney Cruise Oct 2009
scrappyjae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappyjae View Post
I don't have any pictures of my area, but I have an IKEA desk, then several types of the Jetmaxx storage cubes and various cubicles from Walmart/Target for all my odds and ends. They are all in white, so that they match. Michael's have great matching storage items, and they go on sale all the time, or you can use coupons to get what you need. Also, IKEA have some expedit shelves that I see a lot of scrapbookers use. You can get that with a desk or match with several more of there items. You can always go on their website and look.
Thanks for the tips. I never thought to consider IKEA. I did find a 20 drawer cart on Target's website that is pretty colorful. I think it's pretty, but then I would have to decorate the entire room in bold bright colors so it wouldn't look strange. I'd rather have simple muted colors.

Baby has arrived!
Old 01-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Magic Happens!
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Legend

Concierge Level: 6
Wow, Cam that is awesome!!!

I don't have pictures either, but I just redid my craft room. I bought a 5 shelf unit at Target and some really cool baskets. I put my Cricut on one shelf and all my cartridges in one of the baskets. I sorted all my other stuff and put it all in baskets so now its all organized. I put the photos I am currently working on in a small basket, so they are right next to me.

My paper is sorted into an old cardboard "bankers box" that they were tossing at work. I hung file folders in it and sorted the paper by color or style. I have one of those clear envelopes (12" x 12") that I put the stickers that I am currently using in. This way what I want is all in one place and I don't have to look through all my stickers to find the ones I want.

My work space is a drafting table that DH bought me a few years ago. Now that I am organized, I cleared it off and it gives me lots of work area!

I will have to take some photos. I am really happy with the way it turned out after my cleaning/organizing binge. I got 8 pages done the other night, so I must be on the right track!

And all your wishes will come true....

"Never have an ordinary day."

2014 scrapbook pages completed: 13/150!
My Countdown Counting down to: Walking in Philly in 2014...doing it again!
9 days, 12 hours, 43 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsVillas at Wilderness Lodge, October 2012
rescuesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuesk View Post

I will have to take some photos. I am really happy with the way it turned out after my cleaning/organizing binge. I got 8 pages done the other night, so I must be on the right track!
Yes! Please take some! DH was home most of the day today so he continued cleaning the room out for me. By this weekend I should be all ready to "move in" and take it over. I see Target in my shopping future.

Baby has arrived!
Old 01-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Community Rank: Legend

Concierge Level: 7
I live in a condo and space is very hard to come by for me! I have a tiny "dining room" area that my family and I were hardly using. I over took it and turned it into my scrapbooking area. I used the Store n Style cubes to get organized. My DH set up the shelf and made the desk spot for me. When I am working on a big project, I set up a folding table so I can spread out. I like that I can keep my supplies and albums all organized and have my own space to work on projects.

My Previous TripsWDW (offsite) Mar. 1988, Former Dixie Landings Resort (Honeymoon) Dec. 1996, OKW Aug. 2006, POR (12th Wedding Anniversary) Dec. 2008
lazanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
Community Rank: Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazanya View Post
I live in a condo and space is very hard to come by for me! I have a tiny "dining room" area that my family and I were hardly using. I over took it and turned it into my scrapbooking area. I used the Store n Style cubes to get organized. My DH set up the shelf and made the desk spot for me. When I am working on a big project, I set up a folding table so I can spread out. I like that I can keep my supplies and albums all organized and have my own space to work on projects.

OK Cool someone has a pic of what I use.... Do you see the cube that has 5 slots up and down?
Well I have 6 of those holding all my paper horizontally on 2 of my 6 shelf wire shelves I get at Lowes. The cubes are at Hobby Lobby (use 40% off coupon to get them) The wire shelves run about $85 but are 4 foot wide 18 inches deep and over my head - 6foot something.... I buy an extra shelf for $25 when I buy these (I in school room holds DS school stuff - sorted by 3 of the cubes, 1 in office where I keep all my speech therapy supplies and books) .
I have been working on my area 6 years but it is just an area in our master bedroom so we can all be together if I am working on it....

I bought what was called a apothecary table at Staples years ago...think card table with drawer and taller....then I made it taller with a landscape brick under each table leg.... so that underneath I have 4 of my other favorite things to store with - those IRIS boxes in the rolling carts....again 40% off Hobby Lobby coupon.....

Over the door shoe holders are good for punches and some tools.....
I use a lot of the photo boxes for storing various items......including books and overlays for cricut. Actual machine is on the table and I have a massive self healing mat on table as the paper cutter was chewing it up....

I am trying to downsize the tools I use as I never use the cuttlebug or 90% of the punches anymore....

My wish list is down to a drafting chair...nice comfy with the ring around bottom for foot rest.....

A link to our store: http://stores.ebay.com/Collect-Stuff-CollectiblesFollow me on pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/calmomslp247/ Follow me on twitter: pin collector@Mikethepinnut & follow store : Lamb's Collectibles@ColshopS
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW POR July 2008; WDW BWV, AKV-J, SSR July 2009; WDW SSR,AKV-K,POP,ASM,BCV May 2010 WDW SSR, AKV-K, POP May 2012 WDW POP, AKV-K December 2012 WDW SSR, OKW May 2013 WDW POP, DCL MAGIC, OKW May 2014 WooHOO!
trixiedixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazanya View Post

That is so cute, I love it

Baby has arrived!