Romantic Dinner Ideas - Page 2 - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Planning Your Adventure: Your Plans for Walt Disney World > Disney For Romance
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
Community Rank: Sightseer

Concierge Level: 7
Wink Food Exploration.....#2 :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her Dotness View Post
Perhaps I expressed myself badly. Of course, one doesn't have to be a foodie to enjoy a meal at V&A's. However, I think the careful attention to detail and high cuisine will probably appeal more to the "foodie" type than to someone who just wants a good steak with loaded baked potato and salad.

I certainly didn't mean to suggest that anyone else isn't good enough to eat there, that's for sure.
No you didn't express yourself badly at all...*Shrug* LOL Everyone has an opinion and suggestion one way or the other . I guess i was a little to..."to the point"... lol, but you are right, V&A does pay EXTREMELY close attention to detail and i'm sure that it can sometimes feel stuffy rather then sweet (probably not casual you are right) & romantic. There are so many ways to enjoy great food in Disney, I know I love EPCOT like I said, but there is also fun, romantic and casual places at MK, Other Resorts and don't forget Downtown Disney. Downtown is a completely different style of restaurant however, like Wolfgangs, to Rainforest to Fulton's (Now if they would only bring back the Explorer's Club Id be set ) There are many different places to eat both fun & Romantic......basically look into a list of restaurants that suit the food type you are looking for (IE: Asian, American, Moroccan, English etc) and then find the style of dining you are looking for.....then maybe take it a step up from what you would normally choose for something special. If you like American then maybe head out to SciFi for dinner. Its like being at a drive in movie where you would share that old bench seat like 2 teenagers and enjoy your meal...... LOL Anyway ive said more then Ive meant to and hope any of the tips on the thread are helpful.... I know what Her Dotness was trying to say and shes right but dont forget to do a lil research too for the kind of food you want.
A Disney dream day!!

My Countdown Counting down to: Our Honeymoon!!!
On our way to our Disneymoon!!!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW 1986, WDW Apr 1991, WDW 1994, WDW 1997, WDW 1999, WDW May 2001, WDW Nov 2001, DCL 2006, WDW 2010, WDW 2013
ladytikibird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:02 AM   #17 (permalink)
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

Community Rank: Globetrotter

Concierge Level: 6
What you said reminded me that those unaccustomed to a more elegant atmosphere than, say, Red Lobster or Outback may not feel so comfy in V&A's. It really is fine dining in every sense.

I mean, if you're carrying a handbag, you'll be offered either a hook to hang it from the edge of the table or a small upholstered stool to place it on while you dine. That was almost too classy for words.
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW Nov. 2013--GF; WDW January 2010--GF; WDW July 2004--CR Tower/ DH to WDW several times in the 1970's & 1984, Me DL 1969.
Her Dotness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
Community Rank: Visitor

I have no experience or idea about the Florida.

Last edited by cruise.martin; 12-20-2012 at 11:37 AM..
cruise.martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #19 (permalink)
Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

Artist Point gets my vote. Stroll down to the beach after and watch EWP
My Previous Trips2013 BC, 2013 GF, 2012 BC, 2012 OKW, 2012 BWI, 2011 BWI, 2011 BC, 2010 BC, 2010 CSR, 2010 Kidani, 2009 GCV, 2009 BC, 2008 BWV, 2008 Grand Californian, 2008 BC, 2007 BWI, 2007 POFQ, 2007 Grand Californian, 2006 BC, 2006 POR, 2006 WL, 2005 BC, 2005 BWI, 2005 CBR, 2004 CR, 2005 Poly, 2004 GF, 2004 POFQ 2004 Poly, 2003 Poly, 2003 CSR, 2003 POR, 2002 AKL, 2002 GF, 2001 AKL, 2001 Poly, 2000 CBR, 1999 CBR, 1998 ASMo, 1997 ASMu, 1996 ASMu, 1995 ASSp, 1991 Wyndham, 1989 off site, 1985 Off Site
jimmymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:54 PM   #20 (permalink)
Community Rank: Wayfarer

My votes for most romantic out of the parks would be Jiko in AKL, Narcoossee's amd Citricos and my favorite is Victoria & Alberts, I went to V&A on my solo trip and since I was alone they seated me closest to the harpist!! As a music lover this was fantastic, the service is incredible and so relaxed and romantic that I highly recommend this restaurant to any couple. It is pricey but worth it, and don't worry about it being too fancy, yes you dress up but the CMs explain everything and just want you to truly enjoy your meal. Even if you don't go on your honeymoon try it on another trip it is worth it.
My Previous TripsWDW FW camp 1988, WDW FW camp 1992, WDW POLY & DCL 1996, WDW WL 1998, WDW FW cabins/ASRS 2000, WDW ASR music 2003, WDW AKL sept. 2006 (solo trip) WDW SSR/AKL May. 2007, WDW OKW Nov. 2007, WDW SSR May. 2008, WDW AKLV Nov. 2008, WDW CONTEMP March. 2009, WDW BW Sept.2009 WDW AK Kidani Village Sept.2009, WDW BLT Jan. 2010 WDW BW Dec. 2010. WDW WLV May. 2011. WDW AKLKV Oct. 2011. WDW SS Oct. 2011. WDW BCV Oct. 2011. WDW SS May, 2013
NarnianDVCmember is offline   Reply With Quote