Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort (Disney Deluxe/Deluxe Villas Resort) Reviews and Ratings - Page 4 - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Staying in Style: The Resorts/Hotels at Walt Disney World > Disney World Resort Hotel Reviews & Ratings
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: MouseEarVacations.com
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

Review

LinkBack Review Tools Display Modes
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort (Disney Deluxe/Deluxe Villas Resort) Reviews and Ratings
Authors
01-06-2008
Watch grazing wildlife on 33 acres of African savanna at Disney's Animal Kingdom...
By Stitch316 on 07-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Member reviews
MY OVERALL RATING [?]
90%90%90%
Quality
100%100%100%
Accessibility
100%100%100%
Affordability
70%70%70%
Theme
100%100%100%
Amenities
80%80%80%
Magic
100%100%100%
Average 91%
Just stayed here

I just got back from this resort late last week. We stayed on the 2nd floor about 4 rooms from the middle of the Arusha Savanna. I loved it. I am a pretty cheap person but I actually felt the view was worth it. You can get the same view from the Arusha Rock Firepit\Overlook but you can't sit on your balcony and eat dinner like I did.

I did not care for the menus at the expensive restaurants but I thought the cafeteria restaurant was very good. The chicken pita was good. They also had a Cheese Flatbread pizza. That seemed sort of plain so I asked them to put grilled chicken, mushrooms, green\red sweet peppers and onions. They had to go to Boma to get some of those ingredients but they made it. It was really good and I am a picky eater partial to NY City pizza.

The pool was only 3 ft or so deep but it is very nice looking and my kids thought it was fine. The entertainment staff around the pool was great. They made my very shy 12yr old want to play pool side games which never happens. There are 2 hot tubs that are under shade and a small water side. It also has a small playground.

Lastly, the lobby is visually stunning. The also hold information stations during the day to learn about Africa. The employees that hosted these, as well as all the other employees, were very friendly and helpful.

I would love to stay here again.
By saxgirl2003 on 08-10-2011, 01:53 PM
Member reviews
MY OVERALL RATING [?]
100%100%100%
Quality
100%100%100%
Accessibility
100%100%100%
Affordability
80%80%80%
Theme
100%100%100%
Amenities
100%100%100%
Magic
100%100%100%
Average 97%
DISNEYMOON

We just returned from a Five nght stay at the AKL. We were on the 4th floor

SavannaView. When we arrived, everyone was so welcoming and felt right at

home. The staff was amazing and the views were just REMARKABLE. The animals

were soo cute.We saw a Giraffe family, some zebras, wildebeasts, and some hogs.

The food at JIKO was amazing and it was a Unique experience. The came out

with Desserts and they had Candles in them for our Honeymoon.

We plan to stay there again, if we get the deal we got this time with Free

Dining. If not our next trip, it will b when we have kids.
By sjh801 on 11-30-2011, 03:26 PM
Member reviews
MY OVERALL RATING [?]
90%90%90%
Quality
90%90%90%
Accessibility
80%80%80%
Affordability
70%70%70%
Theme
100%100%100%
Amenities
90%90%90%
Magic
90%90%90%
Average 87%
We love AKL! Everything about it. Whenever possible, we choose to stay here. We've had two stays this year - summer and fall. The theming of the entire resort is beautiful. Watching the animals is always a highlight. Breakfast and dinner at Boma or dinner at Jiko or any meal/snack at Mara is always welcome. And the pool is my favorite.

The only drawback is price. But by saving and watching for deals, that can even be worked out. That being said, AKL is worth the money!

Wish I could go back soon!
By joeandjenn on 06-15-2012, 08:55 AM
Heading to our first visit here in 6 days! Cannot wait!!
By mamapajama on 08-25-2012, 05:59 PM
Member reviews
MY OVERALL RATING [?]
80%80%80%
Quality
100%100%100%
Accessibility
30%30%30%
Affordability
90%90%90%
Theme
90%90%90%
Amenities
50%50%50%
Magic
70%70%70%
Average 73%
Nice place to visit but I wouldn't want my "home" there.

I am sure I am in the minority but I don't think I would stay here with my whole family again. I picked Kidani because my kids (19 & 15) were getting tired of Old Key West. Points were right, zero entry pool for the 4 year old plus splash area, animals...all good.
The room was smaller than we are used to but I knew this going in. It was just so dark. I'm not talking about the woodwork but the lighting-it is terrible. Low wattage CFLs plus amber lampshades equals terrible lighting. The room was clean, the shower was fantastic. The food situation is similar to OKW in that there is not a lot but OKW has more to offer. We had to walk over to Jambo to eat lunch on our pool day. It is also far from everything and the bus rides took forever to everywhere but Animal Kingdom park. We also prefer not having an internal hallway. My husband felt like it was just a hotel room with a kitchen rather than the DVC room we are used to. I am staying her with my oldest in January but strictly for points value. It was nice for one family trip but we are going back to OKW next summer.
By lmkenfield on 11-24-2012, 07:21 PM
Member reviews
MY OVERALL RATING [?]
100%100%100%
Quality
100%100%100%
Accessibility
100%100%100%
Affordability
80%80%80%
Theme
100%100%100%
Amenities
100%100%100%
Magic
100%100%100%
Average 97%
We stayed at AKL Jambo House on 2 different trips and have been in love with this resort since the moment we stepped inside the first time!

We stayed in a one BR Villa on both trips and will never stay in anything different if I can help it! I love having a full kitchen to have breakfast in before hitting the parks. Our last trip we had a savanna view and it was so amazing! Waking up every morning and sitting on the balcony with my coffee and watching so many gorgeous animals grazing below!

The staff at AKL Jambo House is phenomenal! Our first trip was for our DS's 6th birthday. Every single member of the staff we encountered treated him like a prince! As a Mom, I couldn't have been happier. Anything and everything we asked for or needed was taken care of.

The restaurants are exceptional. DH and I have dined at Jiko's on our last 2 trips for our "date night". Love it! And Boma's has become a family "must"!

We absolutely love the pool and fitness center too. No complaints whatsoever!

The bus service is fantastic as well - we never waited longer than 10 minutes for a bus. Even if we walked up just as one was pulling away.

I really cannot say enough great things about this resort. The only downside is that it isn't in the "spur of the moment" affordable range. In order for our family to stay at AKL for a week or longer (we stayed 6 nights or first trip and 11 nights our 2nd trip) it requires a good year of savings to stay in the one BR villa. But that's okay given that we don't have any opportunities for "spur of the moment" Disney trips. So, the only way we ever go is to plan at least a year in advance and save accordingly
Review

Review Tools