Rose Parade in Passdena - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Disneyland Resort California > DL: Southern California Attractions
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Wayfarer

Concierge Level: 3
Rose Parade in Passdena

Our family is going to be going down to the LA/Riverside area before we head to the DLR for a few days. We were wondering if anyone had any advice about going to the Rose Parade on January 1st in Pasadena? I have teen kids and they are somewhat interested. I went as a kids a couple of times, but really don't remember much other than it was cold and I walked alot to get to a space I had to stand and try to see the parade. Thanks, Sandi

Walt Disney World - Epcot 2011

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDozen of trips to DLR as a kid, WDW May 1992, DLR September 1996, DLR September 2005 (50th Celebration!), DLR September 2007, WDW August 2008, DLR November 2009 and DLR December 2010 (celebrating DD Birthday!). WDW September 2011
SandiF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 6
Haven't been for a million years either, I am sure it will be packed & I think people arrive a day early to get a spot..

Merry
Eeyore Tattoo's Bio
"Vacationing Your Way: Your Special Needs" Forum & DL: Southern California Attractions
My Previous TripsCBR: May 1999, CBR:October 2001 Disneyland: June 2002, CSR: October: 2003, POR: May 2005, POFQ: Dec-Jan 2005-2006, POFQ: May 2007, POR :Dec. 2007, Disneyland:May 2008, Mousefest: Dec. 2008 Disneyland: June 2009 AKL Savanna: Oct. 2009 December Gathering BLT: Dec. 2009 BLT Oct. 2010 Paradise Pier Aug. 2011 BLT Nov. 2011 Disneyland/California Adventure 2013 AKV May 2013
Eeyore Tattoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

we went years ago, check with a travel agency and see if you can find some bleacher seats somewhere along the route. ours also had a box lunch included and bus to and from the parade.

My Countdown Counting down to: daughter and granddaughter coming home
67 days, 13 hours, 18 minutes
My Previous TripsI visit WDW yearly and I am a vacation club member at OKW. DL 3 times ,DCL 4 times, Disney Vero beach 2006 and 2009
3dogknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

I picked one site (below) at random to give you a little basic information plus random costs for seating.

Flowers for the Float 2012-2013 Parade Information

Rather than listing a page of sites on the Rose Parade I did a partial search and came up with these to help you especially if you are from out of the area. Of course other searches using different wording will give you more or different choices and information.

Pasadena CA Rose Parade info, route, freeways,

victory park ca parade floats

Parking will definitely be a problem plus exiting Pasadena as the west to east freeway (210) is only a couple blocks away without considering immediately branching into Fwy. 314 west and Fwy 110 south into downtown Los Angeles not
to mention the Fwy, 5 and the Fwy. 605. I suggest you check your favorite map site.

Remember floats can be viewed before and after the parade.
If after the parade visit the floats (in the Rose Parade) at Victory Park and the Pasadena Farmers Market nearby.

If a football fan head for the Rose Ball and good luck getting out of the parking lot.

Did you know ....

Disneyland to enter Cars Land float in the 2013 Rose Parade

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.
Old 12-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Community Rank: Wayfarer

Concierge Level: 3
Thanks so much we are checking into all of those you mentioned!

Walt Disney World - Epcot 2011

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDozen of trips to DLR as a kid, WDW May 1992, DLR September 1996, DLR September 2005 (50th Celebration!), DLR September 2007, WDW August 2008, DLR November 2009 and DLR December 2010 (celebrating DD Birthday!). WDW September 2011
SandiF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

So how was it? This is on my Bucket List.
Ohio State went to the Rose Bowl the year DH and I were married, and I couldn't convince him to change our honeymoon plans to go. They haven't been since....

My Previous Trips1974 w/mom and best friend -- 1976 w/parents -- 5/2002 ASMo DD's 1st visit -- 11/2002 ASMo w/hubby and the Princess (2 trips that year - what luck!) -- 2005 POP holiday trip -- 2006 ASMo w/ DH, DD, B and SIL for niece's graduation -- 2/2009 DLR -- 11/2009 ASMu -- 11/2010 POFQ & 12/2010 POP -- Non-Disney trips: too many to mention
Carousel96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

I watched from the comfort of my recliner. It was a very chilly California morning. At least it didn't rain. Proud mom moment.... my DD's girl scout troop worked on the Dole float putting the roses on the volcano making the lava.
Finally totally in our new house.
My Previous TripsCountless Saturdays at Disneyland (Premium AP) 9/12 Disneyland Hotel,10/12 VGC WDW 7/05 All Star Movies 12/06 All Star Movies 12/10 ASMO/CBR 4/11 POFQ Spring Break with our friends 8/11 OKw/AKL DVC stay
Disney4us2 is offline   Reply With Quote