Ridemax - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Disneyland Resort California > DL: Touring the Lands: Disney Parks
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2007, 09:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

Ridemax

We used ridemax on our recent trip to California for both Disneyland and California Adventure. I was sceptical before we went that this software would actually work but let me tell you it most certainly did. We waited on average for about 12 minutes at probably the busiest time of year for Disneyland as we were at the parks over the Christmas season. The only time we waited longer was the one and only time we went off schedule and then we waited for 35 minutes at star tours. We did however notice that as we made it to the front of the line, just as we were scheduled to start getting in line, the cast members added another ship to its service. If we had followed the directions our time in line would have been shorter. It was also very apparent that timing is everything. Most of the times we arrived at the attraction set forth on our ridemax plan to find almost no line at all and 5 minutes later 100 - 200 people would be behind us it was truly amazing. As well, the helpful tips section was invaluable. I would highly recommend ridemax to anyone going to Disneyland; it will make your experience a great one without the frustration of long and tedious lines.
crazydisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

Re: Ridemax

<font color="purple"> What is Ridemax? </font>
CinderMelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

RideMax is a computer software program guaranteed to help you save time waiting in line at Walt Disney World and Disneyland.

RideMax allows you to specify the attractions you wish to ride during your visit, then uses a sophisticated scheduling algorithm to order your attractions so that the amount of time you spend in line is minimized.

Using historical wait time statistics for each attraction as a foundation, RideMax analyzes millions of different ride sequences in order to create a minimum-wait-time itinerary. This schedule is tailored to the expected crowd patterns on the day of your visit, for the attractions you want to ride!

This is the website for ridemax:
http://www.ridemax.com/
crazydisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

it's a great product, but mostly you really need to be able to play with it to totally maximize its usage. i only really recommend it if you're going for 3 days or less during peak seasons. other than that, it's good to help understand the traffic flow, but you may find that it's a little too not optimistic about your wait times (on purpose)
bradk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Community Rank: Sightseer

we used the wdw version for our trip last year and, though even on the busiest day no park at wdw was nearly as crowded as disneyland usually is, it worked really well for us!

i liked it so much, in fact, that i just purchased a one year subscription for dlr since we're doing the ap thing again this year.

hee,
--L

DL
75-DLH
77-HoJo
80-?
84-private home
86-DLH
87-DLH
88-Pan Pacific
89-Sheraton
88-89 TL Attractions Hostess
91-?
94-95-DLHx5
96-Paradise Pier
96-DLH
97-Jolly Roger
98-Fairfield Inn
99-01-Candy Canex4
05-Paradise Pier
05-07-Carouselx4
07-Clarion

WDW
04-Dolphin/POFQ w/BBW
06-Wilderness Lodge!!!
larissamorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 6
We used Ridemax last July and encountered a few problems with some of their advice. When I contacted Ridemzx to let them know about the difficulties we eountered, we were immediately offered a free subscription for our our next visit. I'm going to try them out again next month.

Joy
February, 2003 - All Star Music
August, 2003 - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Wilderness Lodge
December,2003 - Wilderness Lodge
December, 2004 - Beach Club Villas
August, 2005 - Port Orleans, French Quarter
November/December, 2005 - Old Key West
July/August, 2006 - Disneyland Hotel
January, 2007 - Boardwalk Villas
Joy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Thanks so much for the info. I've bookmarked the site to look into for my graduation trip to WDW

My Previous Trips9 trips to WDW, 2 trips to DLR, 4 Disney Cruises, and 1 trip to Aulani
Lumieregirl is offline   Reply With Quote