DLR Trivia wanted - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Disneyland Resort California > DL: Touring the Lands: Disney Parks
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 07:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Wayfarer

Concierge Level: 6
DLR Trivia wanted

Hi Everybody,
I'm trying to compile some trivia for both Disneyland and DCA as well as the resorts and dining options if there is any. I thought it would be a good way to forget about crowds/lines while we are there. So if you have any, please comment here. I've already got some for Disneyland, but not for all lands. I don't have anything for DCA. If you'd like I can share what I have already. I'm not looking for rumors, I'm looking for actual facts. Thanks to anyone who might be able to help.

Our Latest visit to Disneyland: 6/26/13

Disneyland 1996 trip pics HERE
My PassPorter Bookshelf
justnicksmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Trekker

Have you consulted any guidebooks yet?
28 days, 1 hours, 16 minutes
My Previous Trips(2 many 2 count b4 1994)~~DLR 5/1994~~DLR 11/1999~~WDW/Disney Cruise 10/2005~~DLR 4/2008~~DLR 10/2008~~DLR 5/2010~~DLR 3/2013~~DLR 4/2014
Lilianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilianna View Post
Have you consulted any guidebooks yet?
The only guidebooks I have are the 2006 Disneyland Passporter, and the Unofficial Guide to Disneyland (2013). I didn't think there was much trivia in those, although, I haven't actually read them cover to cover. I think the type of trivia I'm looking for is more like history type trivia. For instance, I have information on how much different types of rooms cost when the Disneyland Hotel first opened, and the light in the apartment above the firehouse used to be on if Walt was in the park, and now it's on all the time. etc. I know that last one is known to alot of people (but not my family. LOL!) But I'm hoping to get as much trivia like that, as I can so where ever we are in the park, if it seems like a good time, I can read a little bit of trivia to the family. But that's a good idea, I'll check the guidebooks again. Thanks Lilianna

My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 02-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Faith, Trust, Pixie Dust
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Legend

Concierge Level: 7
Here's a few sites that might help (although I have no idea if they are reliable facts):

Doug's Disneyland Trivia Page

Disneyland Trivia « Life Is Calling

Karen’s Disneyland Trivia Page
DebiDebiDebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

Oh, that is GREAT! Thank you so much. :-) I'll be checking those out soon. I knew I could count on my fellow Passportians!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 02-06-2013, 03:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

Concierge Level: 7
Here's a trivia question for you. Which hotel is actually INSIDE the DCA?
Teresa R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Community Rank: Passenger

I really wish they had scavenger hunts for both parks.
burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

When you're waiting to board the train at one of the train stations (believe it's New Orleans Square) you'll hear the tapping of a telegram being sent. The tapping is morse code & it's spelling out Walt Disney's speech from the opening day of the Disneyland park.

My Previous TripsDL not sure probably 20+ DW ASMu December 07-17, 2007 ASMu January 26-February 03, 2009 POR February 01-09, 2010
revral is offline   Reply With Quote