PLEASE Clean the inside of your Dryer!!
About This Page: This is a discussion on PLEASE Clean the inside of your Dryer!! within the The Family Room: Family and Friends, part of the PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel; Recently I had a small self contained fire inside my electric dryer. We were very fortunate that it burned itself ...
Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.
To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.
Recently I had a small self contained fire inside my electric dryer. We were very fortunate that it burned itself out and went no further! Thankfully my DH was able to repair our dryer for the $50 cost of parts and we are up and running again. But the amount of lint and other dirt Inside the dryer when he opened it up was scary!!. Our dryer is only 8 years old. There are gaps where the lint screen allows lint to "get in" to the machine. I wish he had take pictures so I could show you. Everyone knows you are supposed to clean your vent and vent tubing (even though a lot of people don't even do that! ). But before this, I will admit, I had never even thought of opening up the panels on the outside of my machine and cleaning it inside.
It was not hard to do. A small ratchet to remove the screws and the panels came off and went right back on! If anyone wants help, PM me and I'll be glad to "talk you through it"
After talking about and posting about my dryer incident, on top of my unexpected washing machine death, I've heard about many people losing their homes due to dryer fires. This can be prevented!! Let's pass the word!
Thanks for the heads-up! I'll have to put this on my to-do list. I might also remind folks that they should never run their washer or dryer while they are out of the house. It could mean the difference between having a house when you return, and not having a house when you return.
Thanks! I don't know if I would want to run a dryer that had already caught on fire. I think I'd have to spring for a new one after that. Can't be to sure what else the fire may have weekend. Be careful!
I went through a dryer fire a little over a year ago...and it was scary...the fire spread into my kitchen and the flames were right under my DS's room, where he was alseep...it's pretty scary...We couldn't live there anymore...the house was unlivable according to the fire marshal and insurance adjuster... I'm glad you got yours contained and fixed!!
So glad your dryer fix was quick and inexpensive. And thanks for the very helpful info on the importance of dryer maintenance. We have our dryer in a very tight space with our washer, but will tolerate the inconvenience of pulling it out once in a while instead of letting it possibly be a very dangerous fire one day. Thanks again!