Need some magic back in my life - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter Villa: Sharing the Fun Together > The Family Room: Family and Friends
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

Need some magic back in my life

The last few months have been such a roller coaster in my life. We went on our first disney cruise in December and had the time of our lives. I still haven't started my trip report because of the roller coaster that has ensued since we returned. The week after we got back from the cruise I found out that I was pregnant with our third child....huge surprise since my youngest is 6...nonetheless we were ecstatic...then the first trimester morning sickness and exhaustion set in and when I wasn't at work I was on my couch sleeping. In fact the pregnancy and exhaustion forced me to cancel my trip to WDW in Feb for my birthday and to run the Princess Half.

Last week was the 12 week mark and I was finally starting to feel better and ready to start my trip report and share my amazing trip with you all. Unfortunately my world came crashing down on Friday when we were told that I had suffered a miscarriage and our precious baby was no longer alive. To say i have been crushed is an understatement....12 weeks was supposed to be that safe point in a pregnancy when the fear of miscarriage goes away.

I have spent the last week trying to physically recover and am slowly trying to get a grip on the emotional recovery. Ironically at this point I would love nothing more than to run away to the work or another cruise and forget about all of this....unfortunately that's not going to happen so I will forge ahead.....

And I promise that soon I will start that trip report if for any other reason than to brighten my mood
Old 02-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

Concierge Level: 6
I'm so sorry.

Such a sad thing to happen to your family.

I had a neighbor that was told her pregnancy was no longer viable and they scheduled her for a D&C. She'd had bleeding and they couldn't find a heartbeat. Luckily the morning of her procedure the doctors did some testing and an ultrasound and found that her doctor had been wrong and her baby was alive. The rest of her pregnancy went well, thank goodness.

I say this just in case......

PassPorter Guide for the Staying in Style forum

Last edited by HiddenMickey; 02-07-2013 at 01:51 PM..
HiddenMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

Ah, I am so so sorry to hear this. I hope your fmaily and friends can help you through this. I know from experience how devistating it can be.

LLGMOMMY2 (jess)
llgmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Navigator

I am so sorry -

Lisa Co-Guide to Sharing the Adventure Disney World Trip Reports

PTR: Thingamabobs, Zebras, & Giraffes, Oh My!
My Countdown Counting down to: Spring Break @ SSR
135 days, 10 hours, 6 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsAKL & AoA June/July 2014; POP September 2013; POP August 2013; AKL & BLT June/July 2013; POR December 2012; SSR October 2012; SSR July 2011; BWV May 2011; SSR July/Aug 2010; WL & SSR July 2009; SSR July 2008; OKW August 2007; OKW May 2007; SSR October 2006; SSR June 2006; OKW December 2005; CS September 2005; OKW July 2005; SSR October 2004; POP June 2004; ASMV April 2004; BWV October 2003
lfredsbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Community Rank: Globetrotter

Concierge Level: 7
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips1996 Polynesian ( our 1st trip..25th anniversary..ours and WDW)_1997 Polynesian_1998 Grand Floridian_1999 Grand Floridian (became DVC members BWV)_2000 BoardWalk_ 2002 Polynesian_2004 BoardWalk (August & November)__2005 BoardWalk_2006 BoardWalk__2007 Old Key West (July) BoardWalk (November)_2008 Old Key West (Jaclyn and Brett..Engagement)_2009 Old Key West_2010 Animal Kingdom (Jaclyn & Brett...Honeymoon)_2011 BoardWalk_2012 Bay Lake Towers (Luke's 1st trip)_2013 Bay Lake Towers...2014 BoardWalk
rella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by langefamily4 View Post
The last few months have been such a roller coaster in my life. We went on our first disney cruise in December and had the time of our lives. I still haven't started my trip report because of the roller coaster that has ensued since we returned. The week after we got back from the cruise I found out that I was pregnant with our third child....huge surprise since my youngest is 6...nonetheless we were ecstatic...then the first trimester morning sickness and exhaustion set in and when I wasn't at work I was on my couch sleeping. In fact the pregnancy and exhaustion forced me to cancel my trip to WDW in Feb for my birthday and to run the Princess Half.

Last week was the 12 week mark and I was finally starting to feel better and ready to start my trip report and share my amazing trip with you all. Unfortunately my world came crashing down on Friday when we were told that I had suffered a miscarriage and our precious baby was no longer alive. To say i have been crushed is an understatement....12 weeks was supposed to be that safe point in a pregnancy when the fear of miscarriage goes away.

I have spent the last week trying to physically recover and am slowly trying to get a grip on the emotional recovery. Ironically at this point I would love nothing more than to run away to the work or another cruise and forget about all of this....unfortunately that's not going to happen so I will forge ahead.....

And I promise that soon I will start that trip report if for any other reason than to brighten my mood
HUGE HUGE HUGE hugs!!!!!!!!!!! I lost my ds at 18.5 wk gestation. It was horrible. You feel as though you are in the "safe" zone and then you get slapped in the face with a m/c. It hurts so much. The grief is real. I found people dismissed it and gave "reasons" why it happened, which did NOT take away the pain. It hurt. It takes awhile to put it aside (you never forget it). It has been 8 yrs now. I still remember the date, and every Christmas, we put up his orinment on the tree. I have had a dd since then, but she isn't a replacement for ds. Yes, I have moved on, but I won't forget.
If you want to pm me, please do. I get it. I am soo sorry!!!!
Starbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

I am so sorry

Mindy PassPorter Co-Guide for The Family Room, Going Behind the Scenes and The Porch
My Countdown Counting down to: Walt Disney World
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW 1988, WDW 1990, Feb. 08. OffSite, August/September 09 Saratoga Springs THV, August/September 2010 POFQ, August/September 2011 Pop Century, August 2013 SSR
home4us123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
PassPorter Message Board Manager

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 3
I am so so sorry.

Enjoying time with my donkey boy on our holiday visit to Disneyland Paris. The trip report for our Italy road trip also continues.

I'm Cheryl and I'm the author of PassPorter's Walt Disney World for British Holidaymakers and the co-author of PassPorter's Disney Vacation Club Guide I'm also one of the PassPorter guides for the Disney Vacation Club, Eateries, Globetrotting, Globetrotting Trip Reports, Disneyland Resort Paris and Disneyland Trip Reports forums.
My Countdown Counting down to: Our weekend away in Longleat
1 days, 4 hours, 36 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisney: 17 trips to WDW, 5 to Disneyland in California, 8 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 6 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy to the Caribbean (three times), Alaska (once) and the Mediterranean (twice). Non-Disney (because otherwise I can't keep track...): American cities (Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington DC), American National Parks (Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Death Valley, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Grand Tetons, Virgin Islands, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion), Hawaii (Oahu, Kauai, Maui and Big Island) and Europe (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Spain (including Tenerife, Lanzarote and Mallorca), Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Monaco, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
chezp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Community Rank: Legend

I'm so sorry.

My Previous TripsWDW (offsite) Mar. 1988, Former Dixie Landings Resort (Honeymoon) Dec. 1996, OKW Aug. 2006, POR (12th Wedding Anniversary) Dec. 2008
lazanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
omd

I am so sorry.

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW June 1982 Hi Q- WDW May 1987 Polynesian- WDW April 2002 Caribbean Beach- WDW Oct. 2003 Swan- WDW March 2007 All Star Movies- WDW Dec 2007 Hilton DTD- WDW Dec 2008 Caribbean Beach- WDW May 2009 Hilton Grand Vacation Club- WDW Dec 2009 Yacht Club- WDW Oct 2010 Saratoga Springs- WDW April 2011 Beach Club Villas- WDW December 2011 Boardwalk Villas- Disney Dream April 2011- WDW October 2012 Beach Club Villas- Disney Fantasy March 2013
omd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Batman's Gal/Mickey's Pal

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Enjoying the Food & Wine Festival

Scrapbook pages completed in 2014 = 259/350 pages

Our most recent WDW Adventures are here A Spring Adventure: Wilderness, Flowers, and the Force PTR (with Cam and Luke)

Cam22 PassPorter Co-Guide: The Darkroom , Sharing the Adventure: Disney World Trip Reports ,
The Porch , The Library , WDW Touring Plans and Globetrotting: General Trip Reports
My Countdown Counting down to: Fall Trek Home
Heading Home
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsVWL May 2014--SSR October 2013--AKL/Kidani June 2013--CBR October 2012--BWI June 2012--AKV Jambo House/Kidani Village June 2011 -- November 2010 Beach Club -- June 2010 Beach Club -- October 2009 CBR and Gaylord Palms -- June 2009 AKV/Kidani Village -- June 2008 VWL --June 2007 OKW--June 2006 Disney Wonder/SSR -- June 2005 SSR -- June 2004 VWL -- June 2003 AKL -- August 1997 Off Property -- March 1980 Cocoa Beach
Cam22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
Community Rank: Legend

I'm so sorry. I know the pain of miscarriage too. With being able to find out so early you're pregnant, a lot of women who ordinarily would just think they had a "False alarm" are finding they had a pregnancy that ended too soon.
I think for me, what hurt the most was that no-one knows what to say, so they pretend it never happened. Like that 3 months of my life simply vanished.
Give yourself time and space to grieve, and understand that others may seem distant not because they don't care, but because they really do not know what to say or do.
Pixies to you and your family.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 4
I'm so sorry.
My Previous TripsDLR 2001, CR 2003, AKL 2004, POP 2004, WL 2005, GF 2005, POLY 2006, DLH 2007, AKLV 2008, SSR 2008, BCV 2009, BLT 2010, AKLV 2010, AKLV 2012, BLT 2013, AKLV 2013
mickeycrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
Community Rank: Navigator

Concierge Level: 5
My DD went through a bad miscarriage a few years back!!! Sad for everyone.. Sending Pixies and Prayers.

My Countdown Counting down to: A WONDERFUL FAMILY TRIP!!
377 days, 8 hours, 36 minutes
My Previous TripsNOVEMBER 1994-LARSON'S LODGE/NOVEMBER 1996-LARSON'S LODGE/JULY 1998-LARSON'S LODGE/ OCTOBER 2008 -POP CENTURY/ 2010- POP CENTURY/ SEPTEMBER 2012-POP CENTURY/OCTOBER 2013-POP CENTURY/SEPTEMBER 2014~POP CENTURY
Roxie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:00 AM   #15 (permalink)
Community Rank: Scout

As others have said, even if there are 'reasons' it never takes away the pain. For those of us who have suffered that pain it is very real. There are no words I can say that will make the pain go away, but please know that you are being upheld by many people who understand and care about you deeply!! Take your time in recovering! Your passporter family is here for you!
tinker_me_happy is offline   Reply With Quote