Kona Coffee? - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Feasting and Snacking: The Eateries at Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 02:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 7
Kona Coffee?

Is there anywhere you can buy Kona Coffee to take home? Like not brewed already - just the beans or ground? Someone at my work gets it from Hawaii every year for her husband and just thought I'd check to see if it was available at WDW too.
My Countdown Counting down to: Reaching New Heights
we're in our happy place!
My Previous TripsDVC members at AKV since 4/08 WDW Visits: 5/04 - 5/05 - 6/07 - CBR; 11/06 - AKL; 10/08 - SSR ; 12/09 - BCV; 6/09 - 8/10 - 9/11 - AKV club level; 5-6/12 - AKV; 9/12 - BWV; DCL - 10/13 - Dream
OhToodles! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Community Rank: Wayfarer

You can buy 100% Kona Coffee at the Polynesian Resort--not sure where.

I have been ordering Kona Coffee from a farm in Hawaii. They roast the beans when you order it. With shipping it is still a lot cheaper than buying it at the Poly or my local coffee store.

If you are interested, PM me.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

I think they may sell it at Trader Jack's and at Kona Cafe, too.
-- This is well observed, here at PassPorter!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW June 1979 (offsite), WDW July, 2005 (POR), July 2008 -- Poly and the Wonder
emtpej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 07:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Community Rank: Wayfarer

At the Kona Cafe,it's like 35.00 per pound.Usually it's a 10% blend but at the Kona it's 100%.If you really like Kona coffee as I do,try a T.J.Maxx near you ,they may have it.We have one in R.I. and I buy mine there around Christmas time for about 10.00 a pound.I think it's the blend but it's still really good.
My Previous TripsPolynesian OCT 1975, Wilderness Cabins MARCH 1993, Polynesian NOV 2001, Caribbean Beach Resort APRIL 2005, Port Orleans Riverside/Y&B Club FEB 2006, Pop Century NOV 2006, Marriott Grande Vista MAY 2007, Caribbean Beach Resort SEPT 2007, Pop Century Jan 2008, Port Orleans French Quarter MAY 2008 Coronado Springs Sept. 2008 POFQ May 2009 CBR Sept 2009 Hard Rock Hotel Nov.2009 POFQ /POLYMay 2010 WL Dec 2010 AllStar Music Jan 2011 POFQ May 2011
Peter1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 2
Love Kona Coffee. Sometimes Starbucks carries it. I always bring some home when I go to Kona! I've had the 100% Kona in the press pot at Kona Cafe & Narccoossee's. But never asked if it was for sale. There is a shop at Epcot that sells a broad variety of coffee's & teas. Does anyone know if Kona is avail there?
My Previous TripsWDW Aug 2003 LBV Marriott Courtyard, Universal/Sea World/Busch Gardens Aug 2005 Hilton Garden Inn SeaWorld, WDW Aug. 2007 CBR, WDW Jan. 2008 POP & WL, Universal/SeaWorld/Aquatica Aug 2008 Hyatt Place,Sheraton 4 Points, Hard Rock Hotel & Doubletree Universal., St. Pete Beach Aug 2008, WDW Jan 2009 AKL, WDW Aug 2009 POR & WL, WDW Jan 2010 Poly, WDW Jan 2011 POR, WDW Aug 2011 POR & BC CL, WDW Jan 2012 WL, WDW Aug 2012 AKL CL, WDW Jan 2013 POFQ, WDW Aug 2013 Pop, GF, YC: WDW Jan 2014 POR, WDW & Universal August 2014 GF & Portofino Bay, And too many trips to count to DL in the 80's.
Sue M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 6
OK you are all making me way jealous 'cause I just had to give up coffee but.... My DH is a total coffee snob so I order him unroasted beans from "heavenly Hawaiian" on line and he roasts them himself. I bought him a roaster for Christmas about 8 years ago. It is way cheaper to get the beans green but we have to do the roasting outside because that part of the process really stinks!
My Previous TripsWDW~Kidani Dec 2013,DCL~The Dream & DTD Hilton Aug 2011 WDW~AKL Feb 2010, WDW~SSR & DCR Sep 2009, WDW~DTD Hilton Apr 2009, WDW~SSR Dec 2007, MK May 99, WDW~POR Nov 97, DL too many times to count from 1979 - 1988
QueenMommy is offline   Reply With Quote