Wishes Dessert Party Extended Till 11/01! - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Feasting and Snacking: The Eateries at Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2009, 01:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Princess Dreamer

Concierge Level: 7
Wishes Dessert Party Extended Till 11/01!

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Wishes Dessert Party has been extended till 11/01.

We got a ADR for 09/12.

MelissaP@CruisingCo.com
Cruising Co. and MouseEars Vacations
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips1972-1974 WDW Off-site 1975 WDW Contemporary 1976-1988 Off-site 2007- 10th Anniversary Trip- WDW All Star Music Resort 2008- 11th Annivesary Trip - Port Orleans Resort, Boardwalk Villas 2009- 12th - Anniversary Trip-September- Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Villlas (Conceirge), Caribbean Beach Resort, Grand Floridian, Disney Cruise Magic 2009 - December-Coronado Springs Resort
Princessdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

What is that?

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW Sept 2009 CSR with DxDP. June 2011 Offsite 4 days PH
Connieq288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Wayfarer

Is it bookable in advance or is it first come first served as we say?

My Countdown Counting down to: Family holiday to WDW Florida
Yayyyyy - we're off to see Mickey
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDLRP Dec 2002, DLRP March 2003, WDW Sept 2003, DLRP May 2004, DLRP July 2004, DLRP Oct 2004, WDW March 2005, Tokyo Disney Dec 2005, DLRP July 2006, WDW Oct 2006, DLRP Xmas 2007, WDW Oct 2009, DLRP Dec 2010, DLRP Mar 2014
sharon1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Go Red Sox!! :D
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Legend

Concierge Level: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon1970 View Post
Is it bookable in advance or is it first come first served as we say?
you should book it in advance

Hoping this is available for our trip in February.

I would like to announce my candidacy for Red Sox Lady - please see Colexis Mom for details!
My Countdown Counting down to: 2 Girls Avoiding the Christmas Chaos at Home
1 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsAKL February 2015, Swan December 2014, POR July 2014, WL CL September 2013, CSR BL July 2013, SSR December 2012, ASMo September/October 2012, CSR August 2011, SSR February 2010, CSR December 2008/January 2009, DLR (Dolphin's Cove Resort) February 2008, CBR September 2007, CSR August 2006, POR December 2005, WL June/July 2004, POR August 2002, Dixie Landings August 2000, Off-site February 1999, DLR March 1988, DLR March 1986, Golf Resort (now SOG) October 1979
DyanKJ130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

You will LOVE it!!! We just went last week and it was the perfect way to see Wishes (and catch the Spectro floats going by in the distance). The desserts were yummy. The best part..no crowds !!!

It is by reservation only (call 407 WDW DINE), but they may take walk-ups if there's room, and held nightly in the Tomorrowland Noodle Station restaurant (when you get to the end of Main St, take a right at the Main St. Ice Cream and go up the ramp and the entrance is on your left.

Wishes was to take place at 10 PM. We arrived at the Noodle Station at 9 pm. (Spectromagic was just starting). When in line, they will ask your name and look it up on their list. You are given a wrist band. Each family/group is then directed to your reserved table which has your family/group name on it (there was Mickey FunFetti sprinkled on the table). They seated everyone in a timely fashion, one group at a time. The Noodle Station is an opened restaurant with just a roof that faces the right side of the HUB, castle and the walkway from the Hub to Tomorrowland. It has a few levels (and has ramps for wheelchairs and ECVs), but all the tables were down on the lower level, closest to the castle and down by the railing...it was not a large crowd..and everyone could see the fireworks perfectly from their table..or you could get up and go to the railing if you wanted to.

The desserts were mostly miniatures...all kinds..alot with chocolate...many "mouse" type filled tarts, brownies, chocolate covered strawberries, fruit tray, cookies..and so many more to even mention. There are some pretty good photos of these on the DIS Boards. They also served hot and cold drinks, and I think there were some alcoholic beverages if I'm not mistaken (I don't drink alcohol, so I really didn't pay attention to those). You could go up and get as much as you liked.

We could see many of the floats of Spectromagic that went by in the "HUB" (some trees were in the way, but you could get a glimpse of them when they were "in between the trees). On our night, Spectro wash shown again at 11 PM so after Wishes, we got a greatr spot to see Spectro up close and we sat right in front of Main St. Bakery which wasn't too crowded at all.

Then Wishes started...Tinkerbell flies right to you...she lands right on the rooftop of the Noodle Station itself....this is a perfect photo op!!!

The view of the fireworks is nothing less than perfect. We got some great shots (I'll ask DH to post some tonight). The music/narration can be heard fine from here. Most people got up and stood at the railing...PLENTY of room for everyone..no pushing or shoving..no crowding whatsoever. Those that remained at their tables also could see just fine. A few people had their tripods set up at the railing too.

When it's over, they do not rush you out. You can stay and finish eating as long as you want. The rest room was at the back section of the Noodle Station and very convenient (hardly anyone in there...not sure if many people know it exists).

I highly recommend this...it was a magical way to see Wishes. It cost us $17.99 per adult (not sure what the child rate is, but they can let you know when you call).

My Previous Trips1972 - Offsite when only MK existed and there were E-Ride Tickets! *** 1982 - Offsite and when EPCOT was new *** 1983 - POLYNESIAN RESORT (Marina View) *** 1984 - POLYNESIAN RESORT (Marina View..same exact room!) *** 1990 - GRAND FLORIDIAN *** 1999 - CARRIBBEAN BEACH (Trinidad North Bldg.) *** 2004 - WILDERNESS LODGE (special trip w/BF and my kids) *** Aug. 2009 - ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE (Free Dining, celebrating 1st Wedding Anniversary)

Last edited by twinsljo; 08-27-2009 at 01:52 PM..
twinsljo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Community Rank: Day-Tripper

Connie, It's a dessert party at the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station that goes on during the Wishes fireworks. You can make a reservation in advance (it's 23.43 with tax). Just got a reservation for 9/19! We've been watching for it to be extended and jumped right on it! You can read all about it here......
Disney debuts Magic Kingdom Wishes Dessert Party | The DIS Unplugged Disney Blog
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDL 17 times 1963-1993, WDW 1997, 2001, 2003, 2007
tinktime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

Can you use your Dining plan credits for it?

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW Sept 2009 CSR with DxDP. June 2011 Offsite 4 days PH
Connieq288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Community Rank: Wayfarer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinktime View Post
Connie, It's a dessert party at the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station that goes on during the Wishes fireworks. You can make a reservation in advance (it's 23.43 with tax). Just got a reservation for 9/19! We've been watching for it to be extended and jumped right on it! You can read all about it here......
Disney debuts Magic Kingdom Wishes Dessert Party | The DIS Unplugged Disney Blog

Wow - just had a look. It looks amazing and very yummy.

My Countdown Counting down to: Family holiday to WDW Florida
Yayyyyy - we're off to see Mickey
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDLRP Dec 2002, DLRP March 2003, WDW Sept 2003, DLRP May 2004, DLRP July 2004, DLRP Oct 2004, WDW March 2005, Tokyo Disney Dec 2005, DLRP July 2006, WDW Oct 2006, DLRP Xmas 2007, WDW Oct 2009, DLRP Dec 2010, DLRP Mar 2014
sharon1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

Sounds great. Congrats on getting the reservation. We are going this Saturday the night we arrive. I can't wait!

Mindy PassPorter Co-Guide for The Family Room, Going Behind the Scenes and The Porch
My Countdown Counting down to: Walt Disney World
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW 1988, WDW 1990, Feb. 08. OffSite, August/September 09 Saratoga Springs THV, August/September 2010 POFQ, August/September 2011 Pop Century, August 2013 SSR
home4us123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:32 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connieq288 View Post
Can you use your Dining plan credits for it?
Unfortunately, it is not on the dining plan. You will need to provide a credit card when you book it.

My Previous Trips1972 - Offsite when only MK existed and there were E-Ride Tickets! *** 1982 - Offsite and when EPCOT was new *** 1983 - POLYNESIAN RESORT (Marina View) *** 1984 - POLYNESIAN RESORT (Marina View..same exact room!) *** 1990 - GRAND FLORIDIAN *** 1999 - CARRIBBEAN BEACH (Trinidad North Bldg.) *** 2004 - WILDERNESS LODGE (special trip w/BF and my kids) *** Aug. 2009 - ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE (Free Dining, celebrating 1st Wedding Anniversary)
twinsljo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

I just called to book and was told it wasn't in the system yet and to call back in a couple of days!!!
Not happy!

My Countdown Counting down to: Mother-Daughter Trip!
Celebrating mom's 71st Birthday!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW-Offsite July 1988; Dixie Landings June 1993; AKL February 2002; AKL November 2002; AKL January 2007; French Quarter September 2008; All Star Movies September 2009
Disney 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

I just booked us for 9/24/09! Can't wait!!!
My Previous TripsOur first visit---Sept 2009--AKL
hoosiermomma2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Princess Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney 4ever View Post
I just called to book and was told it wasn't in the system yet and to call back in a couple of days!!!
Not happy!
Don't give up call back. It took me 3 CM's till I found one that knew how to book it.

MelissaP@CruisingCo.com
Cruising Co. and MouseEars Vacations
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips1972-1974 WDW Off-site 1975 WDW Contemporary 1976-1988 Off-site 2007- 10th Anniversary Trip- WDW All Star Music Resort 2008- 11th Annivesary Trip - Port Orleans Resort, Boardwalk Villas 2009- 12th - Anniversary Trip-September- Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Villlas (Conceirge), Caribbean Beach Resort, Grand Floridian, Disney Cruise Magic 2009 - December-Coronado Springs Resort
Princessdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

Concierge Level: 1
YAY!!! Just booked for 9/5.
My Previous TripsAugust 1996 - Offsite, June 2005 - ASMo, September 2006 - POFQ, September 2007 - POFQ, September 2009 - POFQ, March 2012 - POFQ
MsBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
Community Rank: Scout

This is awesome news!! Now I just have to figure out which night to book for!
Thanks for posting this! I was soooo hoping that it would be extended!!
My Previous TripsWDW April 1994, WDW Feb 2001-Port Orleans, WDW Oct. 2007-All Star Movies, WDW Dec. 2008-Carribean Beach, WDW October 2009-POP/POLY/Wonder, April 2010 WDW-OKW Mom's Getaway and First trip "home" November 2010-SS and VLW for the Holidays, Dec 2010-DCL Wonder, March 2011 WDW-BCV Girls only Spring Break, October 2011 DCL/WDW-Dream and OKW, March 2012-AKV-Kidani, November 2012-SSR/Vero Beach Resort, June 2013-OKW School's Out Celebration
belleandmaddysmom is offline   Reply With Quote