Are there new mugs for 2010? - Page 2 - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Feasting and Snacking: The Eateries at Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2010, 06:35 AM   #16 (permalink)
Eileeeeeeen!
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Legend

Concierge Level: 6
I also remember the "lifetime" mugs -- back in 2002, when we started our collection of them. By 2003-4, the printed policy changed, and then the mugs changed in 2007 to the Disney Parks "universal" design.

I think what we have to remember is that the percentage of people who come for once-in-a-lifetime trips is greater than the people, like us, who return year after year. So, Disney is still being green -- and saving all those cups that would've been used during those trips -- by having the mugs available.

For me, they are a terrific souvenir and I use them every morning at home -- making them a good eco product from that standpoint.
Eileen

Eileen
PassPorter guide for Feasting and Snacking: The Eateries and Planning Your Adventure: Your Plans
My Previous TripsSometime in the 70's with mom; 1990 honeymoon; 1994 trip with brother; 2002 Dec - POFQ; 2003 May - ASMovies; 2003 Oct - ASMovies; 2004 May - Pop; 2004 Sept - AKL; 2004 Nov - PORiverside; 2005 May - Grand Gathering #1; 2005 Dec - Mousefest w/Karen; 2006 March - DLR w/Karen; 2006 June - Beach Club w/Karen; 2006 Dec - Grand Gathering #2; 2007 Feb DLR Girls Trip; 2007 Dec - Appetizer trip/Mousfest w/CLT; 2008 Jun - CLT+2 meet the Koenigs; 2008 Dec - CLQ Broken Ankle Tribute; 2009 Mar - Unclenching at POFQ!; 2009 June - Sweating with Friends; 2009 Dec - Sousefest09; 2011 Dec - 3 to a bed; 2012 Jul - Even Eileen! (DLR)
Caldercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:17 AM   #17 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 7
Here's a picture in case anyone wanted to see them:

Old 02-19-2010, 12:11 PM   #18 (permalink)

What's this?

Community Rank: Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldercup View Post
I think what we have to remember is that the percentage of people who come for once-in-a-lifetime trips is greater than the people, like us, who return year after year.
Or every few years as we try to do. Yeah, good point.

Quote:
So, Disney is still being green -- and saving all those cups that would've been used during those trips -- by having the mugs available.
Oh, I certainly agree and lest I be misunderstood did not mean to imply criticism of Disney but rather that I wouldn't feel it very green for us to buy another mug for each of us when doing a split stay like I used as an example.

Of course, I could always give the surplus mugs bought to abide by policy to Goodwill or the like. I'm sure someone with kids would be thrilled no end to have our extra Disney mugs. How very foolish of me not to have thought of this before! It's a great solution to the ethical dilemma. Silly Dot!

Quote:
For me, they are a terrific souvenir and I use them every morning at home -- making them a good eco product from that standpoint.
Eileen
Same here. Guess what I'm going to drink from at lunch in a few minutes?
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW Nov. 2013--GF; WDW January 2010--GF; WDW July 2004--CR Tower/ DH to WDW several times in the 1970's & 1984, Me DL 1969.
Her Dotness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

Concierge Level: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydiana View Post
Here's a picture in case anyone wanted to see them:

Are there any other color of handle/lids or they all black? With (5) of us it's nice to get a little variety so I don't accidentaly drink of DH's cup w/ old cold coffee in it

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsNov 1998 (ASMu), Nov 2000 (POFQ), June 2002 (ASMo, WL), Dec 2002 (WL), March 2003 (POR), August 2003 (ASMo), March 2004 (POFQ, WLV), June 2004 (POFQ, BCV), Sept 2004 (Swan), Dec 2004 (ASMu), March 2005 (PC, BCV), March 2006 (CBR, BCV), July 2006 (AKL), Dec 2006 (POR, CBR, OKW), March 2007 (HH), March 2008 (CS, BCV), Dec 2008 (POR, BWV), March 2009 (HH) March 2010 (AKV, BCV), Dec 2011 (BCV), July 12 (HH), June 13 (BCV) Upcoming: Dec 13 (BCV)
Luv2golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:50 AM   #20 (permalink)

What's this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2golf View Post
Are there any other color of handle/lids or they all black? With (5) of us it's nice to get a little variety so I don't accidentaly drink of DH's cup w/ old cold coffee in it
Weird! I wonder if those are an older style.

Ours which we got right after New Year's this year have that picture all the way down the mug with narrow white borders at top and bottom--no large white area. Also, our mugs taper gradually to a narrow bottom.

We had a choice of dusky red lid-handle or kind of an orangey-yellow as well as the black.

Try a trick my Mom used to use to keep my sister and me from fighting over whose cup was whose. We'd typically want the exact same color and design. She'd buy a box of kids Bandaids with various designs, and we got to choose a design. It was fun for us to decide where the cup "had an oweee." Easy to spot which is your mug that way, especially for kids too young to read names yet.
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW Nov. 2013--GF; WDW January 2010--GF; WDW July 2004--CR Tower/ DH to WDW several times in the 1970's & 1984, Me DL 1969.

Last edited by Her Dotness; 02-20-2010 at 05:55 AM..
Her Dotness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 05:10 PM   #21 (permalink)
Eileeeeeeen!

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Those are the older-style mugs. The new ones are as Dot described above -- a long taper with the design going all the way down.

You can see them here:
New Walt Disney World Resort Mugs | The DIS Unplugged Disney Blog

They show black, red, and yellow handle/lid combinations (and that's what I remember from my visits.)
Eileen

Eileen
PassPorter guide for Feasting and Snacking: The Eateries and Planning Your Adventure: Your Plans
My Previous TripsSometime in the 70's with mom; 1990 honeymoon; 1994 trip with brother; 2002 Dec - POFQ; 2003 May - ASMovies; 2003 Oct - ASMovies; 2004 May - Pop; 2004 Sept - AKL; 2004 Nov - PORiverside; 2005 May - Grand Gathering #1; 2005 Dec - Mousefest w/Karen; 2006 March - DLR w/Karen; 2006 June - Beach Club w/Karen; 2006 Dec - Grand Gathering #2; 2007 Feb DLR Girls Trip; 2007 Dec - Appetizer trip/Mousfest w/CLT; 2008 Jun - CLT+2 meet the Koenigs; 2008 Dec - CLQ Broken Ankle Tribute; 2009 Mar - Unclenching at POFQ!; 2009 June - Sweating with Friends; 2009 Dec - Sousefest09; 2011 Dec - 3 to a bed; 2012 Jul - Even Eileen! (DLR)
Old 02-20-2010, 07:51 PM   #22 (permalink)

Hmmm....I was hoping they'd add a 4th handle colour. This would make my "family of 4" life easier and we wouldn't get mugs confused this year!

Why do these kids look so pathetic?

Find out in: A New Grade, A New House, and A Surprise! Final Thoughts 01/30

My Previous TripsWDW Trips: Nov 1987 (off site); July 2007 ASMo; July 2008 POR; July 2009 ASMo; August 2010 CS; Disney Dream August 2011; August 2012 WL
sc507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:05 PM   #23 (permalink)

During our last stay at POR there were more than a few people using Dixie Landings mugs. In my opinion, if you can afford a vacation to WDW and stay in a moderate resort, you can afford a new mug. Maybe I spent too much time in loss prevention but using a mug that was from a resort that no longer exists could easily be considered theft. Again -- just my opinion!!

Ken

I do not make films primarily for children. I make them for
the child in all of us, whether we be six or sixty.
Walt Disney
Chip and Company website

http://www.facebook.com/disneyforseniors
My Countdown Counting down to: Next Visit To The World
My PassPorter Bookshelf
kbken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:29 PM   #24 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trailblazer

Concierge Level: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc507 View Post
Hmmm....I was hoping they'd add a 4th handle colour. This would make my "family of 4" life easier and we wouldn't get mugs confused this year!
I'm surprised that Disney hasn't thought of this. Most resort rooms fit 4.....a 4th mug color would make sense.

My Countdown Counting down to: A Very Merry Christmas Trip
Ho ho ho -here we go!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW May 1995 ASSports, WDW Oct. 2005 ASMovies, WDW Aug. 2007 Pop, WDW April 2009 WL, WDW Aug. 2010 WL, DCL August 2011 Alaska, WDW April 2012 AKL-Jambo, WDW August 2012 Beach Club, WDW April 2013 AKL- Kidani, August 2013 AKL-Kidani, August 2013 DCL Western Caribbean on the Fantasy, December 2013 WL
HollyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:13 PM   #25 (permalink)
Community Rank: Visitor

aaactttually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbken View Post
During our last stay at POR there were more than a few people using Dixie Landings mugs. In my opinion, if you can afford a vacation to WDW and stay in a moderate resort, you can afford a new mug. Maybe I spent too much time in loss prevention but using a mug that was from a resort that no longer exists could easily be considered theft. Again -- just my opinion!!

Ken
Actually - I guess when the mugs were sold they were sold with the signage that you could 'use them forever' guess people are just getting what they were promised!

see thread here
>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) << - The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

My PassPorter Bookshelf

Last edited by mikkiwikki; 08-12-2010 at 08:16 PM..
mikkiwikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:59 PM   #26 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbken View Post

Ken
those mugs were sold as lifetime refills, so they are within their rights to use them as such.

I love the red mug design soooo much better then the blue ones. I hope when they do change the design, it will be a nice one.

I too enjoy using the mugs at home, and have one at work. I do have a cabinet full of WDW mugs, but can't bring myself to give them away
My Previous TripsWDW Aug 2003 LBV Marriott Courtyard, Universal/Sea World/Busch Gardens Aug 2005 Hilton Garden Inn SeaWorld, WDW Aug. 2007 CBR, WDW Jan. 2008 POP & WL, Universal/SeaWorld/Aquatica Aug 2008 Hyatt Place,Sheraton 4 Points, Hard Rock Hotel & Doubletree Universal., St. Pete Beach Aug 2008, WDW Jan 2009 AKL, WDW Aug 2009 POR & WL, WDW Jan 2010 Poly, WDW Jan 2011 POR, WDW Aug 2011 POR & BC CL, WDW Jan 2012 WL, WDW Aug 2012 AKL CL, WDW Jan 2013 POFQ, WDW Aug 2013 Pop, GF, YC: WDW Jan 2014 POR, And too many trips to count to DL in the 80's.
Sue M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:18 AM   #27 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

I'm sure we are not the 1st ones to think of this but as a family of 5 we always did a lid switch on 2 mugs to tell whose was which
example last year handle/lids were Yellow Red or Black we bought 1 black 2 red 2 yellow
dh used black lid black handle
I used red lid red handle
DD got yellow lid with yellow handle
for the 2 youngest we switched the lids so
dd#2 got red lid yellow handle
ds got got red handle yellow lid

none of us drink the same stuff and it helped us end up with 5 "different "mugs

Halloween Party 2008
My Countdown Counting down to: Trip to the Beach Club
forever_amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:34 AM   #28 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

I also saw some ppl with the old "resort" mugs on our last trip so I asked a cast member if we can bring back our old cups and use them. She said "Yes, absolutely, you can bring back your old cups and use them, no problem". So I guess it depends on who you ask.
feonag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:25 AM   #29 (permalink)
Eileeeeeeen!

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonag View Post
I also saw some ppl with the old "resort" mugs on our last trip so I asked a cast member if we can bring back our old cups and use them. She said "Yes, absolutely, you can bring back your old cups and use them, no problem". So I guess it depends on who you ask.
While the CM was being friendly, I'd like to point out that the printed language of Disney's policy -- printed right on the mugs themselves -- now makes it clear that bringing back mugs (purchased since the "lifetime" policy changed around 2002-2003) is not okay.

They are good for refills during the vacation in which they were purchased.

People will always try to skirt the rules -- but I just ignore it, refusing to allow their ethics to influence the joy of my own vacation.

Eileen
Old 08-13-2010, 11:48 PM   #30 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldercup View Post
While the CM was being friendly, I'd like to point out that the printed language of Disney's policy -- printed right on the mugs themselves -- now makes it clear that bringing back mugs (purchased since the "lifetime" policy changed around 2002-2003) is not okay.

They are good for refills during the vacation in which they were purchased.

People will always try to skirt the rules -- but I just ignore it, refusing to allow their ethics to influence the joy of my own vacation.
I kinda got the feeling she was talking about the old "Resort" mugs, the resort specific ones that were sold as lifetime refills? In which case the CM was correct. Maybe I misunderstood? Entirely possible I am blond
My Previous TripsWDW Aug 2003 LBV Marriott Courtyard, Universal/Sea World/Busch Gardens Aug 2005 Hilton Garden Inn SeaWorld, WDW Aug. 2007 CBR, WDW Jan. 2008 POP & WL, Universal/SeaWorld/Aquatica Aug 2008 Hyatt Place,Sheraton 4 Points, Hard Rock Hotel & Doubletree Universal., St. Pete Beach Aug 2008, WDW Jan 2009 AKL, WDW Aug 2009 POR & WL, WDW Jan 2010 Poly, WDW Jan 2011 POR, WDW Aug 2011 POR & BC CL, WDW Jan 2012 WL, WDW Aug 2012 AKL CL, WDW Jan 2013 POFQ, WDW Aug 2013 Pop, GF, YC: WDW Jan 2014 POR, And too many trips to count to DL in the 80's.
Sue M. is offline   Reply With Quote