Getting snacks and beverages delivered to hotel - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Feasting and Snacking: The Eateries at Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Visitor

Question Getting snacks and beverages delivered to hotel

I am going to Disney in a few weeks and ran across a website that delivers all types of snacks and beverages to hotels. It seems like a really good idea and a lot cheaper than the parks. Has anyone used orlandotripkit.com. Let me know. Thanks
s.parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

No, but I had Staples ship water to our hotel. Looks interesting!
buckinghammr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 7
I also decided on doing this..But I have decided to use gardengrochers.com..I asked of other experiences a while back from fellow PP folk's and everyone who replied says they have always had great success with them..I don't know about orlandotripkit.com but I am sure someone here has. Good Luck and have a Magical Trip!

Deck 11 on The Disney Dream
Renee'
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsMarch 2004 (off Resort) April 2010 Honeymoon Pop Century August 2011 Family vacation Pop Century August 2012 Family Vacation POR August 2013 A trip for two Pop Century August 2014 Family trip POP Century and Disney Dream
renbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 6
Count me among those who are consistently happy with Garden Grocer. Great produce, great service, and easy.

Scarfing down Chocolate Extinction at T-Rex
My Countdown Counting down to: Beach time and Mouse Time
Enjoying another Florida vacation
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsJune 2012 Disney Dream and BWV;June 2011 WL and Vero Beach; August 2010 AKLV;April 2010 Disneyland; August 2009 AKLV; April 2009 Disneyland; June 2008 AKLV; December 2007 SSR; June 2007 BCV; June 2006 OKW; June 2005 WL
WDWJAMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
Community Rank: Navigator

Haven't tried that one, but we loved Garden Grocer!
Old 06-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

We've used Garden Grocer as well and have been super happy. It is such hassle free option for snacks and water.
My Previous TripsWDW 2013, WDW 2012, WDW 2011, WDW 2009, WDW 2007, WDW 2005, WDW 2004, WDW 2002, WDW 1998
roaminggnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 1
We use Garden Grocer too!! Love them!!

My Countdown Counting down to: Our next Disney trip!!
Finally our trip has come!!! Woo hoo!!!
My Previous TripsWilderness Lodge Dec 2012 MNSSHP & MVMCP in the same trip!! ,Wilderness Lodge and First MVMCP Dec 2011, Saratoga Springs July 2011,Wilderness Lodge Oct 2010(first MNSSHP),ASMovies May 2010, AK Villas Aug 2009 - Universal/Hard Rock Aug 2009, Poly a long long time ago when I was about 10!!
jovigirlnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:28 AM   #8 (permalink)

Thumbs up Thanks for the advice

I have heard good things abour garden grocer, but with orlandotripkit, I don't have to purchase full boxes or cases. Plus, there is no delivery charges on orders over $50. It seems like they are brand new. I think I am going to give them a shot.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

We're fans of Garden Grocer too.

My Countdown Counting down to: Thanksgiving with Mickey
Gobble Gobble
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW Summer 1977 - can't remember, WDW Summer 1980 - off-site, DL Summer 1982 - off-site, WDW Summer 1984 - treehouse villa, WDW Sept. 2009 - CONT, WDW Dec. 2010- WL, WDW late June2011 - BLT, WDW (our first trip to our new home), Oct. 2011 - BWV, WDW, Nov. 2012 - Villas at WL, Sept. 2013 - BLT, Aug. 2014 - Yacht Club, Nov. 2014 - BLT
Timothy Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trailblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.parker View Post
I have heard good things abour garden grocer, but with orlandotripkit, I don't have to purchase full boxes or cases. Plus, there is no delivery charges on orders over $50. It seems like they are brand new. I think I am going to give them a shot.
Please post a review after you try them! I would be anxious to hear how it went for you.

My Countdown Counting down to: A Very Merry Christmas Trip
Ho ho ho -here we go!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW May 1995 ASSports, WDW Oct. 2005 ASMovies, WDW Aug. 2007 Pop, WDW April 2009 WL, WDW Aug. 2010 WL, DCL August 2011 Alaska, WDW April 2012 AKL-Jambo, WDW August 2012 Beach Club, WDW April 2013 AKL- Kidani, August 2013 AKL-Kidani, August 2013 DCL Western Caribbean on the Fantasy, December 2013 WL
HollyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Community Rank: Day-Tripper

for our upcoming trip in september we are ordering water from walmart.com and having that shipped to our resort. a 24 bottle case of great value water is only $3.48 and shipping is 97 cents. i have read on another message board of people ordering snacks from walmart and having them shipped with the water. we plan on buying sting cheese, beef jerky, lays stacks, and mini muffins. those are getting tossed in our luggage or carry on.
lisam427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:06 PM   #12 (permalink)

thanks for posting I am goig to look into the walmart and gardengrocer!!! seems like it would be cost effective!!
My Previous TripsUp to trip 10/11starting back in 1983,1985,1987 all off property, CBR 4's 2001,2002,2003, 2004 2005, AS MU 1999, 2000, ASMO 2007, 2008 Poly 2009, Pop 2013, 2014 CBR Graduation Trip
NOT A PACKER'S FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:46 PM   #13 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.parker View Post
I looked at Tripkit and with 3 kids and an 18 day vacation, it seemed a bit pricey to me. From what I saw, it was vending machine prices.

I don't need a case of individual chip bags or anything like that, but it would be nice to get some fresh fruit and some lays stacks along with some beef jerky and trail mix. We are on the dining plan so I don't think we will need that much but I also don't want to spend a lot on the extras. Microwave popcorn is also a must.

I think I am going to check out WalMart.com.

I hear so many good things about GardenGrocer that we might just go with what we hear works.

My Countdown Counting down to: Our Next WDW Vacation
WE MADE IT
My PassPorter Bookshelf
JanetCatherineB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:36 AM   #14 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

We have always had cases of water and pop delivered. We usually order it from Office Depot. We give them the address of the resort it has always been waiting for us when we arrive. It it much cheaper than buying it at WDW.
MichaelF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #15 (permalink)

I compared garden grocer and trip kit and the prices at garden grocer were not much cheaper. Plus they have a big delivery charge and fuel surcharge. Vending machine prices at disney are double and tripple these prices as well. We do not want fresh produce and like the variety. I just placed the order and will let everyone know how it goes.