Opinions on Citricos and Narcoossee's - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Feasting and Snacking: The Eateries at Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 06:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wishing I was at WDW!
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

Concierge Level: 7
Opinions on Citricos and Narcoossee's

I have never eaten at either Citricos or Narcoossee's - but we want to try one of them when we are there in June.
I would love to know opinions of both restaurants!
And if you have been to both, which one would you choose?

Ann ~ Passporter Co- Guide for The Sunroom , Going Behind the Scenes, Making More Magic and WDW Feasting

My Countdown Counting down to: Zachary comes to Florida for Christmas!!
1 days, 16 hours, 12 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsChristmas 1971 first visit for our family, 1978 River Country and MK (honeymoon), March 1989 first WDW visit for my three sons, Jan. 1996 Poly, Jan. 2000 AS Sport and Disney Institute Bungalows ( now SSR), April 03 AKL, Aug. 04 Pop, April 05 AKL, Aug. 05 Pop and BC, April 06 WL, Sep. 06 POFQ, April 07 Poly, August 07 BWI, October 07 POR, Dec. 07 OKW. Feb. 08 CS, April 08 WLV, June 08 OKW and AKLV, Nov. 08 AKLV (solo trip!), Feb. 09 SSR, May 09 SSR (DoD tour - solo!), Oct. 09 BCV, Jan. 10 OKW for my birthday!, April 10 AKLV, Aug. 10 WLV, Dec, 10 WLV and ALKV., April 2011 POFQ, June 2011 AKLV Club level and Kidani Village, Nov 2011 OKW, June 2012 AKLV, Oct. 2012, CBR, April 2013, BWV, Oct. 2013 VWL, AKL Kidani Village May 2014, WL Aug. 2014, Art of Animation Oct. 2014
Luvsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Community Rank: Wayfarer

I've eaten twice @ Citrico's, never @ Narcoosee's (that's on the bucket list) I had an excellent meal and service each time. I had the veal shank two years ago, and the short ribs last year. Both were excellent. A friend who was with me had fish on an orzo type pasta, he thought the pasta was underdone. Both nights that I was there, the restaurant was quiet and uncrowded (this was in February) The decor is pleasant and relaxing, and when I was there solo, I was very comfortable as a solo diner.
bobr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

Concierge Level: 4
I have been to Narcoossee's two times and we love it! We will be going back in January and we have to eat there every time. The service is fantastic, we have had such excellent waiters and have always been impressed with the food. The view is incredible and the atmosphere is great. I would recommend very strongly to go there. We have never been to Citricos, but I would still vote for Narcoossees, it's our all time favorite restaurant.
Kobeychiev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 6
My vote goes to Narcoosees hands down. That being said, we have eaten there MANY times (normally more than once each trip) and have NEVER had a problem. Even when we traveled with our extended family of food snobs there were no complaints. I think everything they serve there is fantastic. My only complaint is that the menu changes when I don't want it to! It seems like every time I fall in love with a new appetizer and then it's gone the next time i'm there. The crabcakes never let me down though The sauces for their filet also changes but i'm a HUGE fan of the shallot butter for the steak so you can ask your server if that is available if it's not listed on the menu. I love the atmosphere, it's really beautiful and relaxing to sit on the water and look out at the Magic Kingdom and across Bay Lake. The food is fantastic and the servers are great but the atmosphere isn't stuffy. They aren't snobby and a lot of families feel comfortable eating there, even though it is a signature dining location.
We ate at Citricos once and I didn't care for the atmosphere or the food. The experience was kind of unremarkable and I remember thinking "darn it, we could have eaten at Narcoosees!" It was a bit more uptight of an atmosphere and our server had a matching disposition, which really isn't my style.
Happy feasting!
Twitter: pixiemichele
Blog:http://thatdisneychick.com
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW TRIPS: First trip in 1987 (I was 4 years old!) Sept. 2007-POR, Jan 2008-Poly, Engaged at the Castle (Nov 2009), Honeymooned on the Disney Magic (Sept. 2009), July 2009-CSR, September 2009-Poly, July 2010-CSR, Nov 2010-Poly, DL-Feb 2010 (DL Hotel) & April 2010. DCL Sept 2009 (Magic-Western Caribbean) Nov 2010 (Disney Wonder-Bahamian) February 2011 (Wonder-Mexican Riviera)
PixieMichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
PassPorter Message Board Manager

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 3
We've been to both and Narcoosee's gets my vote. We've loved our two meals there, but we didn't have a good time at Citrico's the one time we went there, as the service was terrible.

Enjoying time with my donkey boy on our holiday visit to Disneyland Paris. The trip report for our Italy road trip is now complete, but the ones for our weekend away in Longleat and Stonehenge and our weekend away in Brussels are both continuing.

I'm Cheryl and I'm the author of PassPorter's Walt Disney World for British Holidaymakers and the co-author of PassPorter's Disney Vacation Club Guide I'm also one of the PassPorter guides for the Disney Vacation Club, Eateries, Globetrotting, Globetrotting Trip Reports, Disneyland Resort Paris and Disneyland Trip Reports forums.

My Countdown Counting down to: My birthday
1 days, 11 hours, 12 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisney: 17 trips to WDW, 5 to Disneyland in California, 8 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 6 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy to the Caribbean (three times), Alaska (once) and the Mediterranean (twice). Non-Disney (because otherwise I can't keep track...): American cities (Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington DC), American National Parks (Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Death Valley, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Grand Tetons, Virgin Islands, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion), Hawaii (Oahu, Kauai, Maui and Big Island) and Europe (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Spain (including Tenerife, Lanzarote and Mallorca), Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Monaco, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
chezp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:09 AM   #6 (permalink)

This is a great question. For the first time ever we are going to have a date night at WDW in August and the short list has V and A s Narcosses and Citricos.

My Countdown Counting down to: Going home for Christmas
Home
Thomhazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Wishing I was at WDW!
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

Well, we have decided to try Narcoossee's!
I made our ADR this morning!
I can't wait!!!
Thanks everyone!

Ann ~ Passporter Co- Guide for The Sunroom , Going Behind the Scenes, Making More Magic and WDW Feasting

My Countdown Counting down to: Zachary comes to Florida for Christmas!!
1 days, 16 hours, 12 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsChristmas 1971 first visit for our family, 1978 River Country and MK (honeymoon), March 1989 first WDW visit for my three sons, Jan. 1996 Poly, Jan. 2000 AS Sport and Disney Institute Bungalows ( now SSR), April 03 AKL, Aug. 04 Pop, April 05 AKL, Aug. 05 Pop and BC, April 06 WL, Sep. 06 POFQ, April 07 Poly, August 07 BWI, October 07 POR, Dec. 07 OKW. Feb. 08 CS, April 08 WLV, June 08 OKW and AKLV, Nov. 08 AKLV (solo trip!), Feb. 09 SSR, May 09 SSR (DoD tour - solo!), Oct. 09 BCV, Jan. 10 OKW for my birthday!, April 10 AKLV, Aug. 10 WLV, Dec, 10 WLV and ALKV., April 2011 POFQ, June 2011 AKLV Club level and Kidani Village, Nov 2011 OKW, June 2012 AKLV, Oct. 2012, CBR, April 2013, BWV, Oct. 2013 VWL, AKL Kidani Village May 2014, WL Aug. 2014, Art of Animation Oct. 2014
Luvsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

Well--is it too late to change?

Narcoossee's is near the bottom of my favorite Signature restaurants. All it has going for it is a view--and even that can be blocked by people standing on the outside deck.

Citricos is a fine restaurant--we eat there every trip. I can vouch for the veal Shank and the short ribs that bobr mentioned.

PS: If you do go and get Crabcakes at Narcoossee's, don't be disappointed when they don't begin to compare with the true Maryland Crabcake.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

Love Narcossee's-we go everytime we visit WDW. I love there filet and lobster-never had any problems-always great service-request a window when you go to your appt time-they will try to accomodate you. Arrive 10-15 minutes before your ADR time.
We always try for around 730pm and they turn the lights down so you can listen to the fireworks at 9pm or you can go outside on there deck to view as well.
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW SEPT 2012 BEACH CLUB VILLA WDW SEPT 2010 BEACH CLUB WDW DEC 2009-CORONADO RESORT WDW APRIL 2009-CORONADO RESORT WDW MAY 2007-CARIBBEAN RESORT WDW AUG 2004ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE WDW JUNE 1997 CARIBBEAN RESORT
mike56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Community Rank: Wayfarer

Both are excellent choices. Personally, we prefer Citricos -- more elegant, more interesting food -- but many absolutely love Narcoossee's (only been there once, and did enjoy it, but not beyond belief).

The other thing about Citricos, it's right in the main hotel, so very easy to snag a drink at Mizner's first (the GF bar), and Mizner's is not to be missed, in my opinion.

"Wag more. Bark less."

Victoria L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

We've been to both; both are excellent but Narcosee's gets my vote
My Previous Trips2014 BC, 2014 BWI, 2013 BC, 2013 GF, 2012 BC, 2012 OKW, 2012 BWI, 2011 BWI, 2011 BC, 2010 BC, 2010 CSR, 2010 Kidani, 2009 GCV, 2009 BC, 2008 BWV, 2008 Grand Californian, 2008 BC, 2007 BWI, 2007 POFQ, 2007 Grand Californian, 2006 BC, 2006 POR, 2006 WL, 2005 BC, 2005 BWI, 2005 CBR, 2004 CR, 2004 GF, 2004 POFQ 2004 Poly, 2003 Poly, 2003 CSR, 2003 POR, 2002 AKL, 2002 GF, 2001 AKL, 2001 Poly, 2000 CBR, 1999 CBR, 1998 ASMo, 1997 ASMu, 1996 ASMu, 1995 ASSp, 1991 Wyndham, 1989 off site, 1985 Off Site
jimmymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #12 (permalink)

I just had lunch, but I'm DROOLING thinking of those veal shanks at Citrico's.

I'm blaming everyone who mentioned them!

We like Citrico's so much that last time we were at WDW, we ate there twice. It was yummylicious both times although does get rather loud around 7:00 p.m. Good idea to make that ADR earlier if noise bothers you.
Her Dotness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

We've loved all of our experiences at Narcoosee's. The food is very, very good (try the almond cheesecake if you can possibly find any room for dessert!) but what always really stands out to us is the service. Best service we've had at any restaurant - and I don't just mean in the "world", I mean anywhere!

DH and me with our favorites
My Countdown Counting down to: Going to NC for Christmas!
4 days, 2 hours, 12 minutes
My Previous TripsVarious day trips WDW 1990-99; DL 1995; GF WDW Jan. 1997; POFQ WDW May 1999; AKL WDW Jan. 2002 (during which I became engaged at Disney Boardwalk); WDW most Fridays 2002; MNSSHalloween WDW 2002; ASMovies & all parks WDW & MNSSHP Oct. 2006; CB WDW MNSSHP Oct. 2007; POFQ WDW May 2008; POR WDW MNSSHP Oct. 2008; WL WDW May/June 2009; POP WDW MNSSHP Oct. 2009; ASMu WDW & MNSSHP Oct. 2010; CSR WDW January 2011; DLR (Park Vue Inn) June 2011; ASMo WDW & MNSSHP Oct 2011; CBR WDW January 2012; DL Paris - Davy Crockett Ranch May 2012; Art of Animation & AS Sports, MNSSHP Sept 2012; CSR & MVMCP Nov/Dec 2012; Pop MK May 2013; ASMO MNSSHP Oct 2013; SSR MNSSHP & all WDW parks Sept 2014 Other countries I've visited: Brazil, South Africa, Kazakhstan, Ireland, England, Scotland, Wales, France, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Czech Republic, Poland, and Canada.
Ashli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Narcossees is my favorite of the two.

"Life can be as easy as a fall,it's all so easy once you just let go."
My Countdown Counting down to: 2013 Vacation
My Previous TripsHoneymoon(after 14years!)2010 at AKL,Nov'11(First as DVC members),November'11 BLT,September '12 Old Key West,April 2013,a last min. Trip at the "Swolfin"
ChukkerB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Community Rank: Scout

Concierge Level: 1
We have been to both. But I would also have to vote for Narcoosses. We had some attitude from the hostess at Citrico's and that really got things off to a bad start. The food is good but when you have a sour note up front . . . On the other hand, Narcoosses was above par. The food was also delish but the service was impeccable! It was a great experience. So bottom line - at either you will get good food but one outweighs the other in service.

My Countdown Counting down to: Oct 25, 2014 - Land and Sea!!!
Couple of Rum Runners and a Beach!
My Previous TripsWDW April 2010 CSR (1st trip ever), WDW Nov 2010 AKL (honeymoon after 14 years of marriage), WDW Nov 2011 (1st DVC trip) BLT, WDW Sept 2012 OKW, 2013 Christmas time split stay - SS/OKW
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote