2 ADRS - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Feasting and Snacking: The Eateries at Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

2 ADRS

We are only doing 2 dinners this year since we are staying off property for the first time. I chose Chef Mickey's and Garden Grill. This will be my youngest DD 2 first trip. She adores Mickey, Minnie and the gang. So I tried to pick two places that had those Disney characters. I just need to remember my motion sickness medicine for Garden Grill.

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW July 1998, WDW Feb 2009, WDW Aug 2009, WDW Feb 2010, WDW Jan 2012
jiwdurando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 6
You will love chef mickeys. We have been going for 15 years and it is the only place my now teens always request

My Countdown Counting down to: Sneaky extra trip home to Scotland
16 days, 11 hours, 35 minutes
Thomhazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 2
Sounds great!!!!!
phoebec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

We have two ADR's as well. Prime Time 50's Cafe for dinner and Chef Mickeys for a character breakfast as we are staying at the Contemporary Resort for the first time!!! We are almost at double digits!!!
My Previous TripsDisney has always been a part of vacations!!!
cdnmickeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnmickeyfan View Post
We have two ADR's as well. Prime Time 50's Cafe for dinner and Chef Mickeys for a character breakfast as we are staying at the Contemporary Resort for the first time!!! We are almost at double digits!!!
We are almost at double digits as well, when are you going? Wow I would love to stay at the Contemporary, maybe in the future. We are staying off property for the first time. We did 50s dinner last time. We really enjoyed it.

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW July 1998, WDW Feb 2009, WDW Aug 2009, WDW Feb 2010, WDW Jan 2012
Old 01-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Sounds fantastic!

"Ladies do not start fights...but they can finish them" -Marie from Aristocats
Haleyboo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 3
We much prefer Garden Grill over Chef Mickey's but have done both for Abby. I'm sorry to hear that even with as slow as it moves, you need motion sickness pills. I hope you have a wonderful meal at both..

Celebrating Lenny's birthday at Epcot August 2014

Looking for all of my previous reports? Click my TR link.

Our FROZEN filled TR UPDATED 10/13 POSTS 258 & 259

My Previous TripsAll WDW - July 1980 off property - July 1981 FW - July 1983 FW - July 1985 FW - August 1987 FW - July 1988 Treehouse Villas - July 1990 Treehouse Villas - July 1997 FW - August 2006 AS Sports, 1st time with DH and DD - August 2008 AS Sports - August 2009 AS Sports - August 2010 AS Sports - July 2011 AS Sports - August 2013 AS Music - August 2014 AS Music
CinderAbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAbby View Post
We much prefer Garden Grill over Chef Mickey's but have done both for Abby. I'm sorry to hear that even with as slow as it moves, you need motion sickness pills. I hope you have a wonderful meal at both..
I'm starting to wonder if its a sinus equilibrium thing. 3D rides seem to really bother me. Even things like Mickey's Philharmagic.

My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 01-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiwdurando View Post
I'm starting to wonder if its a sinus equilibrium thing. 3D rides seem to really bother me. Even things like Mickey's Philharmagic.
Either sinus or inner ears (that's my problem). I'm okay with Philharmagic and other 3D shows but as I've gotten older, I find there are some rides I have problems with. Mission Space tame version (whatever color it is) hit me really hard and Star Tours, a ride I use to love, bothered me enough to not ride it again. On the other hand though, I've ridden Soarin and eaten at Garden Grill with no problems at all so maybe it's the type of motion that does me in. At least you'll have something with you - an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

My Previous TripsAll WDW - July 1980 off property - July 1981 FW - July 1983 FW - July 1985 FW - August 1987 FW - July 1988 Treehouse Villas - July 1990 Treehouse Villas - July 1997 FW - August 2006 AS Sports, 1st time with DH and DD - August 2008 AS Sports - August 2009 AS Sports - August 2010 AS Sports - July 2011 AS Sports - August 2013 AS Music - August 2014 AS Music
Old 01-20-2013, 08:38 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAbby View Post
Either sinus or inner ears (that's my problem). I'm okay with Philharmagic and other 3D shows but as I've gotten older, I find there are some rides I have problems with. Mission Space tame version (whatever color it is) hit me really hard and Star Tours, a ride I use to love, bothered me enough to not ride it again. On the other hand though, I've ridden Soarin and eaten at Garden Grill with no problems at all so maybe it's the type of motion that does me in. At least you'll have something with you - an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Thats why i'm going to try the medicine this time or the bands. Just to see if it helps at all.

My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 01-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

Garden Grill made my mom ill years ago (late 1980's maybe?). I've been scared to go back since because I get carsick easily.

Rachel

Blogging about whatever comes to mind at The New Smiths.
My Previous TripsWDW - Contemporary 1987, Off-Property 1989, Off-Property 1994, Dixie Landings 1996, Swan Dec 1998, Off-Property 2001, Dolphin Mar 2012, Boardwalk Villas Feb 2013
thenewsmiths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:50 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizk View Post
I agree - Chef Mickey's has gone so far down hill we won't even go there anymore.
O dear! If my older daughter didn't want to go here so bad, I would def be 2 guessing this.

My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 01-21-2013, 12:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
PassPorter Message Board Manager

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Sounds like good choices to me.

Enjoying the beauty of Sirmione on Lake Garda on our Italy road trip. The trip report for our cruise on the Magic around Greece and Turkey is now complete. Trip reports are now also underway for a day out in London and a day out in Paris.

I'm Cheryl and I'm the author of PassPorter's Walt Disney World for British Holidaymakers and the co-author of PassPorter's Disney Vacation Club Guide I'm also one of the PassPorter guides for the Disney Vacation Club, Eateries, Globetrotting, Globetrotting Trip Reports, Disneyland Resort Paris and Disneyland Trip Reports forums.
My Countdown Counting down to: A photowalk at Leeds Castle
1 days, 9 hours, 5 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisney: 17 trips to WDW, 5 to Disneyland in California, 7 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 6 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy to the Caribbean (three times), Alaska (once) and the Mediterranean (twice). Non-Disney (because otherwise I can't keep track...): American cities (Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington DC), American National Parks (Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Death Valley, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Grand Tetons, Virgin Islands, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion), Hawaii (Oahu, Kauai, Maui and Big Island) and Europe (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Spain (including Tenerife, Lanzarote and Mallorca), Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Monaco, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
chezp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #14 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 6
Actually we were at Chef Mickeys in July and I thought the food was better than before. At least the main courses were the desserts had been reduced but the mains were great

My Countdown Counting down to: Sneaky extra trip home to Scotland
16 days, 11 hours, 35 minutes
Thomhazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
O dear! If my older daughter didn't want to go here so bad, I would def be 2 guessing this.
Don't forget these are only opinions on each meal - one person might love something, someone else might hate it. For us, the food has always been good at Chef Mickey's but we just get a little tired of having all the tables practically on top of one another and having to time getting plates of food with the characters (or being done with the food and still waiting for the characters). At Garden Grill, we typically get the very first ADR time slot (4 or 4:30) and because there are so few other diners at that time, we see the characters several times and it's really quiet. We sit at the tables too where most people want the booths so we're often by ourselves on that upper level. So for us, GG is just the complete opposite experience than Chef Mickey's. Neither one is bad, but the time you go, how crowded it is, etc can change the experience.