Getting to Crystal Palace before park opening - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Feasting and Snacking: The Eateries at Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

Getting to Crystal Palace before park opening

Hey all!

As a birthday present for my little brother, my husband and I booked a character breakfast at the Crystal Palace for him and seven friends while they are in WDW on their Senior Trip wi their high school. As a smart passporter, and a pretty awesome big sister, I made sure that the reservation was first thing in the morning before the Magic Kingdom even opens. I have a couple questions for those of you who have experience with this scenario. First, will the Disney buses be running early enough from the All-Star Resorts to get the eight high schoolers to their reservation? Second, how early should they leave for a reservation at 8:10 in mid-April on a Saturday on a day with a normal park opening of 9 am? They know that they need to leave early and at they must all be there with the confirmation number. I just want to make sure that they are prepared so that they can enjoy the meal and the unique opportunity to wander down Main Street with the park completely empty!

Thanks all!

Callan Scott... 10/31/12... My little Monster!

WDW THV '87, WDW Poly '94, WDW Poly '98, WDW BC/YC '99, WDW ASMov '02, WDW FWV '03, WDW BC '03, WDW POFQ '09 and '10

My Countdown Counting down to: Welcoming Baby Schmauder into the World
Baby Makes 3!
My Previous TripsWDW Treehouse villas'87, WDW Poly '94, WDW Poly '98, WDW '99 BC/YC, WDW ASM Senior Trip '02, WDW Fort Wilderness Villas '03, WDW BC '03, WDW POFQ '09 and '10
Ariel in a doom buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Concierge Level: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel in a doom buggy View Post
Hey all!

First, will the Disney buses be running early enough from the All-Star Resorts to get the eight high schoolers to their reservation? Second, how early should they leave for a reservation at 8:10 in mid-April on a Saturday on a day with a normal park opening of 9 am?
Thanks all!

You are an awesome sister! This is one of our favorite things to do at WDW! Very awesome with empty Main Street.

Yes, the buses will be running early enough. There will be others waiting that early for the bus...so, even though it may be difficult, tell them to get up and get going as early as possible. It will be worth it!!

Usually, we leave the hotel room at least 45 minutes (maybe even an hour) earlier. You may have to wait for a bus (expect 15 minute wait).

If they get there earlier than the ADR time, it is OK. They can still get into the park and get pics at the Castle and check in at CP. We usually have to wait at CP even with ressie.

So fun!!! Love this gift to your brother!

"Disneyland has that thing - the imagination and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid."
--Walt Disney
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisneyland Paris June 2014, Disneyland Paris December 2013, Disneyland Paris October 2013, WDW Buena Vista Suites 2013, Buena Vista Suites 2012, Universal and Disney Offsite 2012, WDW Offsite 2011, WDW POR 2011, WDW POR 2010, WDW POR 2009, WDW POR 2008 , WDW Offsite 2007, WDW CBR 1996
thinkpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

All resorts have buses that run for the character breakfasts. My husband and I just did Crystal Palace breakfast for the first time. It was fun. I hope you have as much fun as we did.
My Previous TripsDixie Landings 1999, BWV 2001, OKW &BCV 2003, SSR&BWV 2005 OKW &WLV 2006 and BWV 2008, WLV2011, AKL 2013.BWV 2013
buzzspal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Having done this...
Giving them enough time to get through the turnstiles and wander down Main Street, I'd say be out at the bus stop at 7:15am the latest....

Hopefully the high schoolers will be able to get up and at 'em!
For a Pixie Dust Sprinkled Trip!

My Previous TripsBLT (May 2014), BLT/AKL (Dec 2013), AKV/DCL (Sept/Oct 2012), AKV (Jan 2011), AKV/BLT/DCL/BWV (Sept/Oct 2010), BLT (Sept. 2009), Boardwalk / AKL (April 26-May 10, 2009) May 1-WEDDING @ SBP!!!!, POP/AKL (SEPT 26-OCT 5, 2008), AS Movies/AKL (NOV 2003), CBR (NOV 2001), Disney Village Resort (NOV 1997) off-property (1987) Contemporary (1977)
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 7
I would suggest they get to the bus stop about an hour before their ADR time. There will definitely be buses running early enough to get them there. Since you booked the ADR for them (and I presume you are responsible for the fee if they no-show), I would make sure they know there is a penalty if they don't make it. That seems awfully early for a bunch of teenagers.
My Previous TripsSeptember 2014 - BWI, August 2014 - Hard Rock-Universal Studios Orlando, April 2014 - Disney Fantasy, March 2014 - AoA, November 2013 - CSR, October 2013 - BWI, August 2013 - AoA, March 2013 - BWI, February 2013 - Disney Dream, October 2012 - Dolphin, September 2012 - POFQ, June 2012 - Pop, March 2012 - CBR, October 2011 - BCV, September 2011 - AKL, June 2011 - Pop, May 2011- Yacht Club, January 2011 - POFQ, December 2010 - Swan, October 2010 - BWI & CSR, September 2010 - GF, May 2010 - Poly, December 2009 - WL, May 2009 - CBR, May 2009 - Disney's HHI, March 2009 - CR, December 2008 - Disney's HHI, December 2008 - CR, August 2008 - AS Sports, March 2008 - POR, July 1999 - Off-property, Several childhood trips - Off-property
annc98 is offline   Reply With Quote