mapquest & tolls - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Getting There (and Back!): Your Journey to Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: Quicksilver Tours & Transportation
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 11:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

Concierge Level: 5
mapquest & tolls

Isn't there somewhere on mapquest after you route your trip that you can get a toll calculation? I can't find it so maybe there isn't or maybe I'm just blind!!

HaHa!!

Kim

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips2010 WDW @ Pop Century, 2003 WDW @ Shades of Green (AKA The Contempory), 1992 WDW @ The Disney Inn, 1990 WDW @ The Caribbean Beach Resort, 1986 WDW offsite, 1980 WDW offsite (we were there to see the Orange Bowl and came to Disney on the side.)
kimcar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Community Rank: Wayfarer

google maps will tell you if a road is a toll road, don't know about mapquest.
My Previous TripsWDW Nov 1998 (marched in MK parade with HS marching band)
Veronica_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 7
I don't think there is anything on that site that will give you a tally of the tolls. They DO have were you can click a box to AVOID tolls!!! If you have AAA they can do a Trip Tic for you and it will show you all of the tolls and such. If you don't have AAA then ask some of your friends and family if they do and they can get it for you!!

I NEED A COUNTDOWN!!!!!

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own. It's little,and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW-WL-May-2010, DCL Dream-Bahamas 3 Night-May 2011, DCL Dream-Bahamas 4 Night-May 2011.
TracyKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

I do have a trip tik ordered so when I get it I will check out for the tolls. Thanks!!

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips2010 WDW @ Pop Century, 2003 WDW @ Shades of Green (AKA The Contempory), 1992 WDW @ The Disney Inn, 1990 WDW @ The Caribbean Beach Resort, 1986 WDW offsite, 1980 WDW offsite (we were there to see the Orange Bowl and came to Disney on the side.)
Old 04-28-2010, 02:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

Concierge Level: 4
Last time we went we used map quest and just clicked "avoid tolls" and we never had to worry about it.

My Previous TripsWDW Sept 2007
jennsgoingtodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:10 PM   #6 (permalink)

did it not take you that far out of the way by avoiding the tolls? We are already driving almost 15 hours I don't want to be held up that much longer!! HaHa!!

Kim

My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 04-28-2010, 09:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Community Rank: Wayfarer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimcar31 View Post
did it not take you that far out of the way by avoiding the tolls? We are already driving almost 15 hours I don't want to be held up that much longer!! HaHa!!

Kim

Yes it sure does make it longer. It added an hour and 15 min's to our travel time when I checked it on mapquest. Personally I had rather just pay the few dollars for tolls than waste time going out of the way.

Melissa

May 2010 CSR, May2013 CSR
My Countdown Counting down to: Disney Dream - 4 Night Bahamian - 1st Cruise
Sailing Away Doing A little Disney Dreaming
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW Coronado Springs, May 2010
GoofyCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

Maybe we were coming from a different direction, because it added maybe a couple minutes at the most.

My Previous TripsWDW Sept 2007
jennsgoingtodisney is offline   Reply With Quote