We are going to Aulani:) - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter Universe: General Trip Planning and Discussion > Globetrotting: General Travel Planning
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: CruisingCo.com
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Wayfarer

We are going to Aulani:)

Well not until this fall, but we have never been. Are there any must dos?how did you like the resort? I'm so excited! Just waiting for DS to calm down and watch something on tv so I can call and book!
DisneyGirl907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
PassPorter Message Board Manager

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 3
How awesome! When are you going? We're hoping to go in November....

Meeting Captain Mickey on our magical Mediterranean vacation - the trip report is now underway. The trip report for our weekends in Scotland for the Commonwealth Games is now underway.

I'm Cheryl and I'm the author of PassPorter's Walt Disney World for British Holidaymakers and the co-author of PassPorter's Disney Vacation Club Guide I'm also one of the PassPorter guides for the Disney Vacation Club, Eateries, Globetrotting, Globetrotting Trip Reports, Disneyland Resort Paris and Disneyland Trip Reports forums.
My Countdown Counting down to: Back to Glasgow for athletics action
1 days, 9 hours, 49 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisney: 17 trips to WDW, 5 to Disneyland in California, 7 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 6 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy to the Caribbean (three times), Alaska (once) and the Mediterranean (twice). Non-Disney (because otherwise I can't keep track...): American cities (Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington DC), American National Parks (Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Death Valley, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Grand Tetons, Virgin Islands, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion), Hawaii (Oahu, Kauai, Maui and Big Island) and Europe (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Spain (including Tenerife, Lanzarote and Mallorca), Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Monaco, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
chezp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezp View Post
How awesome! When are you going? We're hoping to go in November....
We are going in November too! I just booked yesterday we are going the 1st-6th when in November are you guys going?
Old 01-11-2013, 12:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
PassPorter Message Board Manager

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGirl907 View Post
We are going in November too! I just booked yesterday we are going the 1st-6th when in November are you guys going?
Dang. We haven't booked flights yet (issues over the flight times and we now need to get an extra day off work ) but our plan would be arriving there 7th November.

Meeting Captain Mickey on our magical Mediterranean vacation - the trip report is now underway. The trip report for our weekends in Scotland for the Commonwealth Games is now underway.

I'm Cheryl and I'm the author of PassPorter's Walt Disney World for British Holidaymakers and the co-author of PassPorter's Disney Vacation Club Guide I'm also one of the PassPorter guides for the Disney Vacation Club, Eateries, Globetrotting, Globetrotting Trip Reports, Disneyland Resort Paris and Disneyland Trip Reports forums.
My Countdown Counting down to: Back to Glasgow for athletics action
1 days, 9 hours, 49 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisney: 17 trips to WDW, 5 to Disneyland in California, 7 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 6 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy to the Caribbean (three times), Alaska (once) and the Mediterranean (twice). Non-Disney (because otherwise I can't keep track...): American cities (Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington DC), American National Parks (Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Death Valley, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Grand Tetons, Virgin Islands, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion), Hawaii (Oahu, Kauai, Maui and Big Island) and Europe (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Spain (including Tenerife, Lanzarote and Mallorca), Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Monaco, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
chezp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 6
it is on bucket list to go there on our 50th Anniversary which will be 2017.

My Countdown Counting down to: Celebrating 46th Anniversary on the Disney Fantasy
My Previous TripsWL 2004, Wonder 2005, Magic 2006, WL villia's 2006 Magic 2007,combine trip Riverside 2007, AKL DVC 2008, Magic 2009, SSR 2009, AKL, 2011. Plus many tmes I didn't keep track of. Own DVC at Saratogo Springs Resort, & Animal Kingdom Villa.
queen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:33 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezp View Post
Dang. We haven't booked flights yet (issues over the flight times and we now need to get an extra day off work ) but our plan would be arriving there 7th November.
Fingers crossed that you get the time off I haven't gotten the tickets yet either. I just booked the hotel and told DH that we are going he's excited. Tickets from Alaska are fairly inexpensive so ill jus book those when I can get a good deal!
Old 01-11-2013, 03:41 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by queen2 View Post
it is on bucket list to go there on our 50th Anniversary which will be 2017.
Aww that will be so much fun. What an accomplishment! Our son has never been on a Disney trip.He's 2 right now and will be 3 at the time of our trip. Our daughter should be around 4 months old at the time of our trip. So we thought this would be a great first Disney Vacation for them without overwhelming them with the parks.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
with Bailey & Jacky
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Explorer

Awesome, congrats! We will definitely go there as well, hopefully within the next 5 years

Soooo, how about a trip report? Preferrably with lots of pictures!

Author of the e-book PassPorter's Disneyland Paris

My Countdown Counting down to: 7-night Med cruise on the Disney Magic!!!
387 days, 14 hours, 49 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW: 04/2007 (ASMo), 04/2008 (AS, POR, WL), 05/2009 (BCV, AKV - Opening Day!!!, SSR), 03/2010 (BWV, GF Concierge!!!, BLT), 05/2013 (POFQ, POP); DCL: 04/2008 (Wonder, Bahamas), 04/2009 (Magic, Western Caribbean), 08/2010 (Magic in Europe!), 05/2013 (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean); DVC Vero Beach: 04/2008, 04/2009; DVC Hilton Head Island: 05/2013; DL California: 09/2005; DLP: 03/1996 (Sequoia Lodge), 09/1996, 03/1997, 06/2002 (Hotel Santa Fe), 09/2007 (Hotel Santa Fe), 12/2008 (Sequoia Lodge), 03/2013 (Hotel New York); Tokyo DL: 04/1998
Disneybine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
Living Seas wannabe
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

Concierge Level: 7
We would like to go to Aulani in a few years adding it to a trip to see the two Hawaiian National Parks and the mating humpback whales near Maui. We would like to go in late February/early March. Haven't started planning yet - but maybe we will look at doing this for our 5th anniversary.

Congrats on your 50th!!

Meeting Jacques in January 1976!! My first WDW trip.

..))
((. .. -:|:- Terri -:|:- ~~O

Yellowstone/Grand Teton National Parks - Trip Update 01-03-2014

Co-Guide:"Globetrotting: General Travel Planning",
"Central Florida Attractions", "Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports" & "Running at Disney" Forums.

My Guide Bio!!

My Countdown Counting down to: Cheering the Marathoner and Ian's first trip!!
She did 26.2!!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips60+ WDW trips - most recent December 2013 - VWL; 2 DL/DCA - most recent Feb 2007 - DLH; 8 DCL - most recent Feb 2013 - 3rd anniversary on the Disney Fantasy.
DrDolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #10 (permalink)

Just came home after a 10-night stay. You will love it. The resort is beautiful. I did not want to leave, I cried as we were leaving our room for the last time. I just finished uploading some pictures to photobucket last night and hope to be able to put together some type of trip report soon. We are empty nesters though, so we did not have any little ones with us. But we are planning on our next trip including our grandsons.

My Countdown Counting down to: Celebrating the holidays with my parents
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDLR many visits growing up, WDW June 2004, DLR May 2010 & Nov 2010, WDW Jan 2011, DLR May 2011 & Nov 2011, WDW Dec 2011 - BLT, WDW Feb 2012 - WLV & BWV
Shari2137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
Community Rank: Tourist

Was there much construction going on? We are going in May and are really looking forward to it. It will be just DH and me, any thing extra special to see on the island?
Jude60795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Trekker

It's GORGEOUS. We made a stop there on our Hawaii cruise and I was honestly breathless. As much as I had followed the construction and the news and the photos, etc Nothing could have prepared me for what it was in "real life". You will have a wonderful time! Congrats!
Twitter: pixiemichele
Blog:http://thatdisneychick.com
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW TRIPS: First trip in 1987 (I was 4 years old!) Sept. 2007-POR, Jan 2008-Poly, Engaged at the Castle (Nov 2009), Honeymooned on the Disney Magic (Sept. 2009), July 2009-CSR, September 2009-Poly, July 2010-CSR, Nov 2010-Poly, DL-Feb 2010 (DL Hotel) & April 2010. DCL Sept 2009 (Magic-Western Caribbean) Nov 2010 (Disney Wonder-Bahamian) February 2011 (Wonder-Mexican Riviera)
PixieMichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

congrats and happy planning

WDW - August 1997 Off Property
WDW - January 2005 AKL
WDW - May 2006 Pop Century
WDW- november-dec 2007 pop century
WDW- dec/jan 2009/2010 pop century
WDW- oct/nov 2012 art of animation
WDW- sept 2013 port Orleans riverside
My Countdown Counting down to: road trip
family fun
My Previous Tripsaug 1997 off site jan 2005 animal kingdom lodger may 2006 pop century dec 2007 pop century dec 2009/jan 2010 pop century 0ct/nov 2012 art of animation resort sept 2013 port Orleans riverside
bsblady01 is offline   Reply With Quote