Water, juice, soda, etc. - What do you drink?
About This Page: This is a discussion on Water, juice, soda, etc. - What do you drink? within the The Kitchen: Food, Recipes, and Good Health, part of the PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel; My mainstays are hot tea, diet coke, diet pepsi and white wine of the pinot grigio or sav blanc varieties!...
Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.
To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.
I always have a glass of apple juice or multi-fruit juice with breakfast. During the day, I drink caffeine-free diet coke and one can of Mnt. Dew (my indulgence ). I often have cereal with milk in the evening. In the winter, I also drink hot apple tea (a Turkish specialty).
I don't like coffee, alcohol, or any "specialty" stuff.
DH drinks coffee, bottled water, and orange juice, with the occasional bottle of beer thrown into the mix on the weekends.
I'm curious, what do you drink on a regular basis (at home, at work, at restaurants)?
At home: primarily water; we have a delivery contract with Poland Springs, the dispenser is just down the hall from where I am now. Occasionally during the colder months I'll have a cup of tea (Earl Grey, sugar but no milk), or a cup of instant hot cocoa. Our dispenser from Poland Springs does hot water, too!
I used to drink 2L of orange soda (Sunkist) every day. When I realised that I was taking in over a thousand calories JUST from the soda alone, I stopped doing that. Now I let myself have one or two 12oz cans per day. And sometimes, don't even have that much! (Sadly, I can't make myself like any diet sodas. Despite trying repeatedly.) I've lost 40 or 50 pounds in the last 6 or so months, just from switching to water. Though, strangely, I do get hungrier during the day, now.
Eating out: Almost exclusively root beer - especially if they have IBC. I'm picky about my tea, I don't like coffee, I don't drink anything alcoholic ... and just about every restaurant only has Fanta for orange soda (yuck!). That doesn't leave a lot of room for choice, sadly.
IF we're having breakfast out, though? Orange juice, in vast quantities.
Special treats: IBC rootbeer is a favorite of mine - but too expensive to have regularly (around here, you can only find it in 12oz glass bottles, which drives the price up considerably).
I also like a good apple cider, the fresher the better.
Orange juice is a big favorite of mine, not just with breakfast.
We also discovered a brand of premixed lemonade, "Simply Lemon", just this past summer. No chemicals, or other artificial junk; just lemon juice, water, and sugar. They also have a Limeade ... and a 50/50 mix of the two is absolutely BEYOND delicious.
From left to right:
Myself, Cinderella, Jeremy, and Krisna.
water (what kind?) -- Tap Water or bottled water
- juice (what kind?) rarely,but I like blends if I do
- soda (what kind?) occasionally Diet Gingerale or Diet Coke
- milk, flavored milk (what kind?) Milk and Chocolate Milk once in a while
- coffee, tea (what kind?) Every morning.. 2-6 cups a day
- beer, wine (what kind?) social occasions
- Kool Aid (what kind?) not since I was a little kid
- "specialty drinks" (like Powerade/Gatorade, vitamin water, energy drinks etc.?)
I like the G2 ones with less calories , Crystal Lite PeachPeach tea
- anything else? Hot chocolate on a cold winter day and Egg nog for Thanksgiving and Christmas
Aug,1978- LBV;Apr,1987-Disneyland;March,1993-offsite;Jan,1997-offsite;Aug,1999- CBR;Sept,2000- ASMo;Aug,2001- ASSP;Aug,2002- ASMU/AKL;Jan & July 2003-POR;June,December 2004- PC;January 2005- ASMU; Aug 2005-PC;Dec 2005-AKL;Jan 2006-CBR ; July/Aug-Saratoga springs; Dec. PC;April 2007- Disneyland;Aug 2007-Disneyland & So Cal;Dec 2007-POFQ; Aug2008-POFQ & Nov 2008 PC,Y&B May 2009 ASmu, June 2009 PC ; Nov 2009 WL & POFQ;Jan 2010 BW & WL; June 2010 POFQ ; Aug 2010 Poly ;Oct 2010 WL; Jan 2011 PC
have to have coffee in the morning
Lemonade (Minute Maid)
Iced Tea (Nestea)
Orange Juice-once in a while. Although when I am at a restaurant I like to order Tomato juice.
Bud Lite, White Zinfindel
Milk..I like whole milk
me and my family at katie's sweet 16
Check out my PTR.."This trip courtesy of the Mass Lottery..." checking in to PP on 8-21
On The Disney Dream, they had this wonderful iced tea in the dispensers that didn't have sugar. I forget the brand, but I can't get it here. I have looked. Anyways, I would order it and they kept offering me sugar and lemon to put with it, and I refused. I just LOVED it plain. How I wish I could get it here.
I am trying to get everyone in my family to cut out soda completely.
I can't drink much wine anymore. i find it too sweet or too bitter. I would rather have a light beer.
I discovered these coffee mixes that come in different flavours such as caramel, and mocha and they are only 70 calories. I have one of those a day.
Tea...it must be mint. I can't stand any other and it must be plane. Yummy.
If I was living in the USA, I would be addicted to the sweet ice tea. I even like it at McDonalds down there-oh and that non sweetened ice tea is there too if I remember.
water- Sam's club Nestle bottled water
- juice- Love strawberry cran grape from oceanspray
- soda Dr. Pepper or Coca-cola
- milk 2%
- coffee, tea I don't drink coffee a lot, love sweet tea
- beer, wine- love Jack Daniels down-home punch
- Kool Aid cherry or strawberry
- "specialty drinks" love strawberry gatorade, red powerade
- anything else?
- water (what kind?) - Most of the time I drink water, we have a water filter in our fridge.
- juice (what kind?) - I don't drink juice unless I am sick and then I will drink orange juice.
- soda (what kind?) - I only drink soda when we eat out and I prefer Coke or Cherry Coke.
- milk, flavored milk (what kind?) - We keep 2% in the fridge for DD, I only have it on cereal.
- coffee, tea (what kind?) - I love iced tea, and I actually like to make a diet "arnold palmer" at home with half crystal light lemonade and half ice tea. On really cold nights I like a mocha coffee mix that I get at our grocery store (I haven't had it much this mild winter!)
- beer, wine (what kind?) - no beer and occasionally I will have a glass of red wine
- Kool Aid (what kind?) - I haven't had kool aid in years
- "specialty drinks" (like Powerade/Gatorade, vitamin water, energy drinks etc.?) - I don't drink specialty drinks but DH likes Gatorade and Red Bull.
- anything else? - not that I can think of
Mostly just water. I drink lots of it (around 60 oz. a day). At home we have a PUR filter, at work we have a water cooler.
I do have one Diet Coke a day. I've tried to give it up, but it's my only real vice.
I have a glass of skim milk most mornings too, unless I'm having it on cereal.
I have an adult beverage maybe once or twice a year.
My kids love Mio, especially the sweet tea flavor. We go through about 6 gallons of skim milk a week. The kids will have soda if we eat out, but that's pretty much it. And they drink coffee or hot tea daily too.
You all are so healthy......I'm a Coke (soda) addict...and I really love vanilla coke. I have OJ with breakfast....a cup/sometimes 2 of coffee in the morning....a then it's the coke........I also, like a glass of white wine when dining out or having friends in for a meal.