Did anyone watch the new Dallas? - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter Villa: Sharing the Fun Together > The Library: Books, TV, Movies, and Music
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
PassPorter Message Board Manager

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 3
Did anyone watch the new Dallas?

I'm just wondering, as I don't recall any discussion about it here before. The first season just finished over here and my goodness, I've loved every minute of it, more so than the original version. Please tell me I'm not the only one...

Enjoying formal night on the Magic on our magical Mediterranean vacation - the trip report for our Mediterranean cruise is now underway. The trip report for our weekends in Scotland for the Commonwealth Games continues.

I'm Cheryl and I'm the author of PassPorter's Walt Disney World for British Holidaymakers and the co-author of PassPorter's Disney Vacation Club Guide I'm also one of the PassPorter guides for the Disney Vacation Club, Eateries, Globetrotting, Globetrotting Trip Reports, Disneyland Resort Paris and Disneyland Trip Reports forums.
My Countdown Counting down to: A new season of Doctor Who
1 days, 1 hours, 14 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisney: 17 trips to WDW, 5 to Disneyland in California, 7 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 6 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy to the Caribbean (three times), Alaska (once) and the Mediterranean (twice). Non-Disney (because otherwise I can't keep track...): American cities (Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington DC), American National Parks (Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Death Valley, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Grand Tetons, Virgin Islands, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion), Hawaii (Oahu, Kauai, Maui and Big Island) and Europe (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Spain (including Tenerife, Lanzarote and Mallorca), Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Monaco, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
chezp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 6
I was all over that like white on rice. I love how they brought back key characters from the original series and tied them in with the "new generation". I think the plot is great and they did a good job developing the story. Can't wait for season # 2!
Twitter: pixiemichele
Blog:http://thatdisneychick.com
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW TRIPS: First trip in 1987 (I was 4 years old!) Sept. 2007-POR, Jan 2008-Poly, Engaged at the Castle (Nov 2009), Honeymooned on the Disney Magic (Sept. 2009), July 2009-CSR, September 2009-Poly, July 2010-CSR, Nov 2010-Poly, DL-Feb 2010 (DL Hotel) & April 2010. DCL Sept 2009 (Magic-Western Caribbean) Nov 2010 (Disney Wonder-Bahamian) February 2011 (Wonder-Mexican Riviera)
PixieMichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

No; I hated the original one back in the day
My Previous Trips2014 BWI, 2013 BC, 2013 GF, 2012 BC, 2012 OKW, 2012 BWI, 2011 BWI, 2011 BC, 2010 BC, 2010 CSR, 2010 Kidani, 2009 GCV, 2009 BC, 2008 BWV, 2008 Grand Californian, 2008 BC, 2007 BWI, 2007 POFQ, 2007 Grand Californian, 2006 BC, 2006 POR, 2006 WL, 2005 BC, 2005 BWI, 2005 CBR, 2004 CR, 2005 Poly, 2004 GF, 2004 POFQ 2004 Poly, 2003 Poly, 2003 CSR, 2003 POR, 2002 AKL, 2002 GF, 2001 AKL, 2001 Poly, 2000 CBR, 1999 CBR, 1998 ASMo, 1997 ASMu, 1996 ASMu, 1995 ASSp, 1991 Wyndham, 1989 off site, 1985 Off Site
jimmymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

I did and I loved it. I was a kid when the original was on, but I remember staying up late with my mom sometimes to watch it, so I knew who the characters were.

My Countdown Counting down to: We're going to Disney!!!
We're off....see ya real soon
My Previous TripsCarribean Beach 1996, AllStar Sports 1998, AllStar Movies 2000, AllStar Sports 2002, Pop Century 2006, AllStar Movies 2011
Shawnam1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Community Rank: Navigator

Concierge Level: 5
I remember my mom watching the original when I was a kid, but I was never allowed to watch it with her. I thought I would give the new Dallas a shot and got hooked!

Find my DisneyLAND TR here! Updated 4/5/14 - now Complete!

Find my WDW TR "Our Disney Summer Kickoff" here! COMPLETED 10/16/2013
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDL 1995; WDW 1997 offsite; WDW May 2005 Honeymoon AKL; WDW Aug 2006 WL; WDW Dec 2006 AKL; WDW Sept 2008 POFQ; Sept 2011 POFQ; May 2013 BC; DLR January 2014 DLH
lexiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

I love the new one. I remember watching a couple episodes of the old one. my husband is even addicted to it more than me. He would probably would be upset if he knew I had said something about him watching it. lol

My Countdown Counting down to: Next family trip
ahhhh I have made it back home.
My Previous TripsWDW- WL June 2009
hall0731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Yeti Chaser

Concierge Level: 6
I did because I love old JR. He is still just great! I was surprised that I got into the storylines of the "new" characters. Although I can't stand Elana. I am afraid that they will phase out the old characters and concentrate on the newbies in the future. I won't watch without JR.
Shell_of_the_South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
PassPorter Message Board Manager

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell_of_the_South View Post
I did because I love old JR. He is still just great! I was surprised that I got into the storylines of the "new" characters. Although I can't stand Elana. I am afraid that they will phase out the old characters and concentrate on the newbies in the future. I won't watch without JR.
I must admit that was one of my fears throughout season one, but I'm thinking they're there to stay, especially with the bombshell at the end of the first season....

Enjoying formal night on the Magic on our magical Mediterranean vacation - the trip report for our Mediterranean cruise is now underway. The trip report for our weekends in Scotland for the Commonwealth Games continues.

I'm Cheryl and I'm the author of PassPorter's Walt Disney World for British Holidaymakers and the co-author of PassPorter's Disney Vacation Club Guide I'm also one of the PassPorter guides for the Disney Vacation Club, Eateries, Globetrotting, Globetrotting Trip Reports, Disneyland Resort Paris and Disneyland Trip Reports forums.
My Countdown Counting down to: A new season of Doctor Who
1 days, 1 hours, 14 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisney: 17 trips to WDW, 5 to Disneyland in California, 7 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 6 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy to the Caribbean (three times), Alaska (once) and the Mediterranean (twice). Non-Disney (because otherwise I can't keep track...): American cities (Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington DC), American National Parks (Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Death Valley, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Grand Tetons, Virgin Islands, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion), Hawaii (Oahu, Kauai, Maui and Big Island) and Europe (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Spain (including Tenerife, Lanzarote and Mallorca), Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Monaco, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
chezp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

Concierge Level: 1
I have been watching also, and am HOOKED!!

And BTW, I thought that little bombshell at the end was pretty good, myself.

My OC / Rehoboth TR is FINALLY up!
My Countdown Counting down to: My First Trip Down to WDW in 3 and a Half Years!
I'm going to Disney World!!!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW/US/SW/KSC March/April 1991, MGM July 1997, EPCOT 1999, MGM 2001, WDW Feb 2003, WDW Feb 2004, WDW Jan 2006, WDW Jan 2007, WDW/IOA Oct 2010
BJ Wanlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
Community Rank: Sightseer

I'm in LOVE with the show. I use to watch the original on reruns during the summer when I was home from school. I <3 John Ross. Just now watched the season 2 opener and all I can say is WHY JOHN ROSS WHY??????? sorry no spoilers! lol
MrsCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Community Rank: Sightseer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell_of_the_South View Post
I'm with you. I can't Stand (!!!) Elana!
MrsCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

I watched season one and I just kept thinking that it was the same old Dallas, just with younger actors. However, between now and then, we've cut down on our cable and no longer get TNT so I can't watch season 2 (which was suppose to air starting January I believe) to see how it goes and how they've written JR/Larry Hagman out of it because of his death.

Lenny and Abby before dinner at 1900 PF

Looking for all of my previous reports? Click my PTR link.

I've started it! My NEW 2014 PTR UPDATED 7/26 Posts 32 & 33
My Previous TripsAll WDW - July 1980 off property - July 1981 FW - July 1983 FW - July 1985 FW - August 1987 FW - July 1988 Treehouse Villas - July 1990 Treehouse Villas - July 1997 FW - August 2006 AS Sports, 1st time with DH and DD - August 2008 AS Sports - August 2009 AS Sports - August 2010 AS Sports - July 2011 AS Sports - August 2013 AS Music
CinderAbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

I'll admit: I'm hooked. I was a kid when the first one came out, but it was a cultural phenomenon, so of course I knew the details of the older one.

I do like how they intertwine the "young" stories with the "old" stories. It's a nice mix.

I was saddened to hear of Larry Hagman's death. I think I read somewhere that they had already filmed quite a few episodes, so I'm thankful that JR will still be around for those shows. I just enjoy the glee he takes from being evil!!
DisneyBri is offline   Reply With Quote