Anyone watching The Biggest Loser? **Spoilers** - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter Villa: Sharing the Fun Together > The Library: Books, TV, Movies, and Music
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 12:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Anyone watching The Biggest Loser? **Spoilers**

I am a fan. It gives me motivation to keep going.

What did you think of last nights show? Did you think that Jillian was too rough on that one woman who left? I have mixed emotions. We don't know what was leading up to it, and how much Jillian had talked to her, or what the others had said to her either. We were just given the last part of it due to time restraints of the show. So difficult to decide. I just wish this woman had known before she went on the show so she could have given her spot to another person.

Glad to see that they are going after childhood obesity. My ds plays too much on the computer etc. He isn't overweight at all, but still, the inactivity is still bothering me. Even after school programs sometime aren't enough either. Will be interesting to see how this goes.
Starbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Faith, Trust, Pixie Dust
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Legend

Concierge Level: 7
We LOVE this show. I think that woman would have left no matter who her trainer was; it was pretty obvious she has some emotional issues she doesn't want to face right now. We love Biingo; he is just so adorable. Pam drives us crazy!
DebiDebiDebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Navigator

Concierge Level: 5
Biggest Loser is one of our favorite family shows. I was so mad at the girl that left. Of course there is no way to know how the weigh-in would have gone if she stayed, but I believe her leaving really affected her team mates and they may not have gone home as soon. What do you think of starting out so soon with the red line instead of voting?

Find my DisneyLAND TR here! Updated 4/5/14 - now Complete!

Find my WDW TR "Our Disney Summer Kickoff" here! COMPLETED 10/16/2013
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDL 1995; WDW 1997 offsite; WDW May 2005 Honeymoon AKL; WDW Aug 2006 WL; WDW Dec 2006 AKL; WDW Sept 2008 POFQ; Sept 2011 POFQ; May 2013 BC; DLR January 2014 DLH
lexiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
Community Rank: Wayfarer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiemom View Post
Biggest Loser is one of our favorite family shows. I was so mad at the girl that left. Of course there is no way to know how the weigh-in would have gone if she stayed, but I believe her leaving really affected her team mates and they may not have gone home as soon. What do you think of starting out so soon with the red line instead of voting?
I love the show too! I felt like Jillian was being to harsh on her team in the first episode, she changed her approach and still lost the weigh in, so Im not sure what she's going to do. The girl who left in the first episode really messed up the white team!.
DisneyGirl907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Faith, Trust, Pixie Dust

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

I wonder why they are eliminating people so fast! Not a fan of the red line.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

I love this show. It is so inspirational for me and I love watching it with my kids! I know my husband could not handle Jillian yelling at him but honestly I think it would be good for me! If someone makes me mad I would want to prove myself more!

Valentines Day 2014

Meredith
My Previous TripsDLR 1988, WDW Dec 1994 (honeymoon), WDW Nov. 1997(thanksgiving at CS), WDW 2007(Valentines Day at POFQ), DLR Sept. 2010 (Trip with just one of my DD's), WDW June 2012 (DD's 17th Birthday!!!!!! ASMU), WDW June 2013 (DD's Graduation Celebration...so we'll call it! CS), WDW Valentines 2014
apqsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Community Rank: Globetrotter

I'm wondering if the red line is to get rid of some the gameplay that people complained so much about? No more throwing weigh-ins and alliances ganging up on people to send home. Whoever loses the least % wise goes home. Makes sense to me!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have taped the 2nd show but haven't seen it yet. So I am just commenting from what i read here and the first show.
I like the red line. Everyone has a story that got them to the show or they would not be there. Results is what they want to see. Yes, some days you won't see it but at the beginning you should see some especially if you are in the 200's or more.

I think it is finally great from what I saw of the 2nd show (I peaked), when the woman was afraid to do some excersizing because it hurt. Yeah, it hurts...you bet it does. It hurts for days afterwards. People who haven't excersized need to know that. Some hurt is o.k. I hope they address this more.
I don't imagine this is the way that Jillian wanted to have her comeback. I imagine she wanted to prove something.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
Faith, Trust, Pixie Dust

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

What did you think about last night? Pam's in-you-face dance at Jill kinda bugged me; it was if she was suggesting that Jillian didn't think she could do it, where in fact Jillian KNEW she could. Pam just rubs me the wrong way!
Old 01-15-2013, 09:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
Community Rank: Globetrotter

I fell asleep last night and missed half the weigh-ins and the voting. How is the voting room roking? I'm guessing that you only know the number of votes and not who voted for who??? That is based on the recap I read on nbc.com where it said they entered the voting room one by one, the votes were tallied and the loser sent home.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
Community Rank: Navigator

Concierge Level: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straitlover View Post
I fell asleep last night and missed half the weigh-ins and the voting. How is the voting room roking? I'm guessing that you only know the number of votes and not who voted for who??? That is based on the recap I read on nbc.com where it said they entered the voting room one by one, the votes were tallied and the loser sent home.
They went into the voting room individually and voted on a touch screen monitor. After voting they were all together and revealed the person they voted for, so they knew who voted for them. I didn't really see the need for the new voting except you got to see them make their decision at the time of voting.

Pam is really getting on my nerves too. She is very "look at me" and seems to be very needy. I was glad to see Bob's team do well at the weigh-in, having that disadvantage could have really hurt their numbers.

Find my DisneyLAND TR here! Updated 4/5/14 - now Complete!

Find my WDW TR "Our Disney Summer Kickoff" here! COMPLETED 10/16/2013
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDL 1995; WDW 1997 offsite; WDW May 2005 Honeymoon AKL; WDW Aug 2006 WL; WDW Dec 2006 AKL; WDW Sept 2008 POFQ; Sept 2011 POFQ; May 2013 BC; DLR January 2014 DLH
lexiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #12 (permalink)

Just watched the show last night. It was good. I like the way they are doign the voting this yr. Everyone has a sad story or they wouldn't be on the show, so I often ff over those parts.
The bubble gum part was so funny-hmmm a new spa treatment LOL.
I felt sad for the girl who went home. She was finally "getting" it.
Oh, please don't laugh at Pam. Dh was watching and said that I was like her (less vocal and in your face) but I have issues where I don't believe in myself (only reveal it to dh though and right here ) so I get where she is coming from in that area, although she doesn't have to display it so loud. Both her and Jillian have big mouths and neither like to be told what to do, so they are locking horns. Annoying...yes. But it is difficult to excersize. It hurts.
Speaking of excersizing...time to go out for a 3 hr cross country ski (and it is going to hurt)
Old 01-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #13 (permalink)

O.k, I think I have been watching the show too much. I am skiing and abit nervous on some hills and I have Jillians voice in my head shouting "when are you going to start believing in yourself" etc LOL and I keep trying to believe to get over those darn hills. Atleast the show is having some effect on me LOL.
Anyone else using any of the tips or strategies that they use on the show???
Old 01-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
Faith, Trust, Pixie Dust

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

I hear Jillian when I am on my treadmill:

DO NOT TOUCH MY TREADMILL!!!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 07:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
Faith, Trust, Pixie Dust

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

While I love that the trainers were spending time with the kids, I generally and not thrilled with "no trainers this week" scenario. I am always bummed how some teams just don't put in the effort when their trainers are not around! Can't say I was not thrilled with the elimination this week...Pam was always on my one last nerve!