Downton Abbey Season 3 *spoilers* - Page 2 - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter Villa: Sharing the Fun Together > The Library: Books, TV, Movies, and Music
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
Wishing I was at WDW!
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

Concierge Level: 7
I was totally shocked and very sad by what happened in last night's episode!
Very sad...........

Ann ~ Passporter Co- Guide for The Sunroom , Going Behind the Scenes, Making More Magic and WDW Feasting

My Countdown Counting down to: Zachary comes to Florida for Christmas!!
59 days, 7 hours, 24 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsChristmas 1971 first visit for our family, 1978 River Country and MK (honeymoon), March 1989 first WDW visit for my three sons, Jan. 1996 Poly, Jan. 2000 AS Sport and Disney Institute Bungalows ( now SSR), April 03 AKL, Aug. 04 Pop, April 05 AKL, Aug. 05 Pop and BC, April 06 WL, Sep. 06 POFQ, April 07 Poly, August 07 BWI, October 07 POR, Dec. 07 OKW. Feb. 08 CS, April 08 WLV, June 08 OKW and AKLV, Nov. 08 AKLV (solo trip!), Feb. 09 SSR, May 09 SSR (DoD tour - solo!), Oct. 09 BCV, Jan. 10 OKW for my birthday!, April 10 AKLV, Aug. 10 WLV, Dec, 10 WLV and ALKV., April 2011 POFQ, June 2011 AKLV Club level and Kidani Village, Nov 2011 OKW, June 2012 AKLV, Oct. 2012, CBR, April 2013, BWV, Oct. 2013 VWL, AKL Kidani Village May 2014, WL Aug. 2014, Art of Animation Oct. 2014
Luvsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
omd

Concierge Level: 6
I was crying my eyes out . I wonder what will happen with the baby. Oh and poor Mr. Bates. I hope that he somehow gets out of jail

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW June 1982 Hi Q- WDW May 1987 Polynesian- WDW April 2002 Caribbean Beach- WDW Oct. 2003 Swan- WDW March 2007 All Star Movies- WDW Dec 2007 Hilton DTD- WDW Dec 2008 Caribbean Beach- WDW May 2009 Hilton Grand Vacation Club- WDW Dec 2009 Yacht Club- WDW Oct 2010 Saratoga Springs- WDW April 2011 Beach Club Villas- WDW December 2011 Boardwalk Villas- Disney Dream April 2011- WDW October 2012 Beach Club Villas- Disney Fantasy March 2013
omd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:06 AM   #18 (permalink)

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

I had heard something bad would happen by someone's Facebook reaction while watching. I made a concerted effort not to read anything so as not to spoil our viewing (we watched last night). As soon as we saw Sybil was in bed and not feeling well, we knew they were going to kill her off. Then when she came through the birth we thought, OH, yea! But as soon as she started telling her mother to look after Tom and the baby, we knew that was it for her. Her death was a very emotional scene. And I love that they included the staff in the mourning for her loss. It really showed how Sybil was the nice daughter that was loved by everyone.

(As an aside, we've been rewatching Stargate: Atlantis and this weekend had two major characters killed off. DD is royally pissed that this keep happening on our shows.....)

Lord Grantham is getting on my last nerve. He's so darn pompous. The whole thing with the doctors, the way he treats Edith, the way he treats Matthew's attempts to talk about the Estate.....

And who doesn't love Maggie Smith's little one-liners? They writers do such a good job with her.

And yea for Mr Bates not killing his wife. But boo for the writers making him stay in jail because of those darn meddlers there.

PassPorter Guide for the Staying in Style forum
HiddenMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:20 AM   #19 (permalink)

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

The household is definitely being brought into the 20th century over the course of these shows. It's so interesting that the head of house and the head of service are so reticent to any kind of change in status quo.

When Lord Grantham came barging into the luncheon at the Crowley house, all I could think of was "How dare he barge into someone else's house and make demands". I was so happy that the women didn't follow him out.

And Mrs O'Brien making Thomas think that the new guy has a crush on him? She is just terrible. It took me until this episode to see that she was actually purposefully manipulating Thomas. Not that I like Thomas at all, he kind of does deserve it, but poor Jimmy/James.

And I was really disappointed that the Doctor listened to the Dowager and told them that Sybil would most likely have died even if they'd intervened earlier, when he didn't really think so.

Thinking of Daisy running the farm is just funny. I hope she does it though.

So what do you think Tom is going to do? When he was walking around with Matthew, I was hoping he was interested in taking on one of their pieces of land and farming, so they'd be nearby, but not in the House.

Last edited by HiddenMickey; 02-05-2013 at 07:24 AM..
Old 02-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #20 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 7
I could see Mary and Matthew adopting baby Sibil so that she could stay at Downton. Tom would never let that happen unless he stayed there with her or he was forced to leave. They might send him to jail in Ireland. He's still wanted in Ireland for the fire. I'm wondering if Lord Grantham would turn him into the authorities so that they can keep the baby and baptise her. He might also leave the baby behind if he goes back to Irland to fight in the Irish Civil War?
Old 02-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #21 (permalink)
PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenMickey View Post
The household is definitely being brought into the 20th century over the course of these shows. It's so interesting that the head of house and the head of service are so reticent to any kind of change in status quo.

When Lord Grantham came barging into the luncheon at the Crowley house, all I could think of was "How dare he barge into someone else's house and make demands". I was so happy that the women didn't follow him out.
It is interesting to see how the men are so reluctant to allow change, but it kind of reminds me of older people living in this century. My grandmother never had a cell phone, or email and didn't understand what the purpose of those things were.

The scene at lunch was so funny! The Dowager Countess cracks me up!

Quote:
And Mrs O'Brien making Thomas think that the new guy has a crush on him? She is just terrible. It took me until this episode to see that she was actually purposefully manipulating Thomas. Not that I like Thomas at all, he kind of does deserve it, but poor Jimmy/James.
I didn't realize that either until this episode. I agree, Thomas does have it coming to him. I also get a feeling that Jimmy/James may actually like Daisy. I know it seems that he is hanging around the kitchen trying to get to know Ivy, but I think it might be Daisy he actually likes.

Quote:
So what do you think Tom is going to do? When he was walking around with Matthew, I was hoping he was interested in taking on one of their pieces of land and farming, so they'd be nearby, but not in the House.
I agree with Diana, unless Tom ends up in jail, there is no way that he is going to let anyone else raise his daughter. I'm also hoping that Tom takes on helping out the farms as I think he gives him purpose to his life and still be close to Sybil's family.
39 days, 13 hours, 24 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW June 1979, WDW 1985, WDW 1987, WDW Oct 2003, WDW March 2004, WDW Oct 2004, WDW Sept 2005--Pop Century , WDW Nov 2006--Pop Century, WDW Jan 2007--Pop Century, WDW Nov/Dec 2009--Pop Century, DLR Oct 2011
KMB733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #22 (permalink)
Community Rank: Sightseer

I've just recently started watching DA.... just a few weeks ago. It is now available on Netflix. At least season 1 is. It's a bummer that I don't get PBS on my cable.

Anywho, I watched all of season 1 in about 3 days. And I'm bummed that I can't watch season 2 yet, at least not for free. I know you can watch season 3 episodes right on PBSs site, but I don't want to skip season 2.

But I am a GIGANTIC fan of this show! It's totally addictive and I've got 2 other friends to join my addiction. Now if I could only find season 2 for free somewhere....

My Previous Trips1995, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, WDW/Cruise, 2007, 2011, 2013
susanktz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #23 (permalink)

If you have Amazon Prime you can watch seasons 2 and 3 for free.

My (Pre)Trip Reports
My First Disney Trip (WDW 2012) TR
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes - PTR
My PassPorter Bookshelf
Asuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #24 (permalink)
Community Rank: Sightseer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
If you have Amazon Prime you can watch seasons 2 and 3 for free.
Unfortunately, I don't. And I've already had a "trial" membership, so I can't do it that way.

My Previous Trips1995, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, WDW/Cruise, 2007, 2011, 2013
susanktz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #25 (permalink)
PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

This Sunday is a 2 hour show and then the following Sunday 2/17, is the season finale!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW June 1979, WDW 1985, WDW 1987, WDW Oct 2003, WDW March 2004, WDW Oct 2004, WDW Sept 2005--Pop Century , WDW Nov 2006--Pop Century, WDW Jan 2007--Pop Century, WDW Nov/Dec 2009--Pop Century, DLR Oct 2011
Old 02-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #26 (permalink)
PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

The season finale last night, OMG!!! When that screen went to black, I lost it. I'm pretty sure I went through a whole back of tissues.
My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 02-18-2013, 05:52 PM   #27 (permalink)
omd

I was getting a bad feeling when Matthew was driving down the road. I am really upset that he will not be back. It is going to be a long wait for season 4.

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW June 1982 Hi Q- WDW May 1987 Polynesian- WDW April 2002 Caribbean Beach- WDW Oct. 2003 Swan- WDW March 2007 All Star Movies- WDW Dec 2007 Hilton DTD- WDW Dec 2008 Caribbean Beach- WDW May 2009 Hilton Grand Vacation Club- WDW Dec 2009 Yacht Club- WDW Oct 2010 Saratoga Springs- WDW April 2011 Beach Club Villas- WDW December 2011 Boardwalk Villas- Disney Dream April 2011- WDW October 2012 Beach Club Villas- Disney Fantasy March 2013
omd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:03 PM   #28 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 3
It will be interesting to see how they handle the passing of Matthew and what happens to Tom and Mary now that they are single parents. Poor Edith has to be scared to death to have a child now...since every time someone has a baby one of the parents dies. I only hope she can find happiness next season...it is going to be a long wait.
sparks74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:54 AM   #29 (permalink)

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

I read something today that says when we start Season 4, we'll be 6 months in the future already. I guess they don't want us all to go through mourning again.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:04 AM   #30 (permalink)

There's another rumor that Mary gets a new love interest. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Well, at least Lord Granthom still has an heir, his newborn grandson. That's even more of a direct descendent. Still, I'm very sad to see Matthew gone. I grew to really like him.

My (Pre)Trip Reports
My First Disney Trip (WDW 2012) TR
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes - PTR
My PassPorter Bookshelf
Asuka is offline   Reply With Quote