How to make your own Disney T-shirt??? - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Making More Magic: Everything Else at Walt Disney World!
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2007, 06:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

How to make your own Disney T-shirt???

Can someone tell me how?Do you download clip art and then tranfer with an iron on? Or what company is the best to order from? I used Disneyshopping.com and didn't like that I couldn't include phrases with certain characters. Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks

And if you have any ideas on who should be on a family shirt? There will be me, DH,DD,DS amd DMIL. I thought maybe Mickey and the gang?

Darcie

Darcie
My Countdown Counting down to: Fun!!! Fun!!! Fun!!!!!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW lots of day trips and vacas from 1978-1987-grew up in FLA! :) 1988? Treehouse Villa, 1990 Disney Villa, 1993 Dolphin/Villa, 1995 RCI Resort, 1996 Hallmark Convention, Hotel?, 1997 I-4 Hotel, 2003 Nov. Sheraton Vistana Village, 2005 Jan. Sheraton Vistana Village, 2006 Dec. Sheraton Vistana Village, 2007 May Ft Wilderness Cabin, 2007 Nov. Disney's HHI, Jan 2011 All-Star Movies

Last edited by tndisneyfam; 02-05-2007 at 06:40 PM..
tndisneyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
RED SOX NATION!!
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 7
Have you tried Zazzle? I don't know what you can write on their shirts..... Zazzle.com - Disney InkShop!

Marnie - PassPorter Co-Guide THE FAMILY ROOM , DISNEY WORLD TRIP REPORTS and GLOBETROTTING TRIP REPORTS

The Disneyland, San Diego, and Vegas oh my! Trip Report

The Trip of a Lifetime - Alaska Land and Sea - Trip Report

Non-Creative Title Spring Break Adventures Trip Report

A Whirlwind Trip to Arizona/Utah and the National Parks - UPDATED 9/27!

My Countdown Counting down to: Grand Canyon, Arches, Canyonlands
Hiking around the National Parks
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsAPR '12 - POFQ, JUL '10 - DL, AUG '09 - DCL Western, AUG '08 - POFQ/BC, AUG '06 - AKL/BC/DisneyWonder/Poly, DEC '05 - AKL, APR '05 - AKL/BC, DEC '04 - AKL, MAY '04 - AKL/BC, MAY '03 - WL/BC, MAY '98 -offsite, MAY '94 - BC, AUG '85 - Poly, AUG '83 - Poly, AUG '81 - Poly, JUL '79 - World Inn, JUL '76 - World Inn
Colexis Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Globetrotter

I made my own w/ loads of helf from Eileene (Caldercup). Thank you again Eileene. she also sent me a wonderful CD full of clip art for another project I was working on and was able to design my own w/ Goofy on the front. It says "You don't have to ne Goofy to be a part of this family...But it sure does help!" I am having trouble getting pics to co-operate, or I would show it here. As we will be staying for Halloween and MNSSHP Eileene designed a great shirt for us as well as a few for some birthdays and an anniversary we will be celebrating.

If I can be of any help please feel free to PM me w/ questions.

P.S.
Eileene, if you see this you really should consider making a small business of designin those T-shirts. You are so darned creative...

My 19 year old hero! Hurry home! (A.K.A. D_Stitch)

My Countdown Counting down to: Coming home for the first time!
Boardwalk, here we ALL come!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsOnce when I was a kid with DGM and Family, 2004 Belated Honeymoon, 2006 DM & The kids, 2007, 2008 DH & the kids, 2009 DH, the kids, and both rents, 2010 3 night stay at PC followed by our first trip "home" to boardwalk for 7 nights DH, the kids and the rents
Dale_Loves_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 10:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

Cool

Graphic Designer here -

Just because of the art that you download. While somethings look good on a screen, they might now print out the same way.

Also, iron on transfers can be difficult... Practice on a couple of old t-shirts first.

Use thicker (impact) fonts as they might now break up as easy when worn. And remember cheaper transfer papers and ink jet inks can wash away only after a few washes...

When we wanted shirts done, I found a local airbrush artist who custom made ours... We love them (a bit 80's), but hey I needed to take attention away from my mullet!
And tomorrow is just a dream away.
Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
My Previous TripsDCL 2009 (Poly & Wonder), WDW Beach Club 2007, WDW Poly 2006, WDW Boardwalk 2004, WDW CB 2003, WDW Offsite 2000, WDW Boardwalk 1999, DCL Magic 1999, DL 1990
TurtleKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 10:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

I sure miss the 80's when you could go to the mall and have a t-shirt made. I have been trying Zazzle, but will all the designs it's a bit overwhelming! Thanks for all the help and keep the tips and ideas coming! Thanks!!

Darcie

Darcie
My Countdown Counting down to: Fun!!! Fun!!! Fun!!!!!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW lots of day trips and vacas from 1978-1987-grew up in FLA! :) 1988? Treehouse Villa, 1990 Disney Villa, 1993 Dolphin/Villa, 1995 RCI Resort, 1996 Hallmark Convention, Hotel?, 1997 I-4 Hotel, 2003 Nov. Sheraton Vistana Village, 2005 Jan. Sheraton Vistana Village, 2006 Dec. Sheraton Vistana Village, 2007 May Ft Wilderness Cabin, 2007 Nov. Disney's HHI, Jan 2011 All-Star Movies
tndisneyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Concierge Level: 7
I had my families shirts made at clarkcolor.com. I uploaded the picture I wanted, edited it to add the saying I wanted and then ordered the t-shirts. We used a picture of the entire gang of disney pals. The t-shirt has made it through several washings and is still in good condition.
My Previous Trips1986 off site, 1989 holiday inn, 1999 Dixie Landings, 2004 Contemporary, 2005 Pop, 2007 January-Saratoga Springs,2007 July Old Key West, 2007 December- Polynesian, Dec08 SSR/DisneyWonder/Disney Dolphin, 2009 October..Beach Club Villas and Villas at Wilderness Lodge.-Dec 2009 Disney Wonder April 2010 Hilton Head Resort, January 2011 Animal Kingdom Kidani Village. 12/11 Saratoga Springs Resort
lukesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Eileeeeeeen!
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Legend

Concierge Level: 6
I do alot of these designs for people -- I have high-res images that I've made over the years and a lot of experience with graphic design. What I make print out great and are ideal for t-shirt transfers.

If you PM me with what you want (characters, sayings, what you're celebrating or why you're traveling), I can try to come up with something for you.

As for the transfers themselves, you should check with your ink jet printer (lasers don't work) and see what the manufacturer recommends. I have an Epson and they make their own brand of transfer paper that works very well.

It does take a little practice to transfer them to the t-shirt, so make sure to try it on a shirt (or two) that you don't mind ruining. Also, FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS COMPLETELY. I find that, if I'm impatient, the transfer tears. If I iron it too long, I can scorch the shirt.

As for the "business" idea -- I can't quite get past the whole "Disney owns the copyrights" and the not wanting to get sued thing. What I'm doing now is asking people to send my son a postcard in exchange for my time. (If I have to print and mail the transfer, then I ask for that cost to be reimbursed.)

I do have to warn you that I'm incredibly busy with work right now and the planning for my Disneyland trip in three weeks. I can't promise to do anything in a timely fashion, but I'm more than happy to help!
Eileen

Eileen
PassPorter guide for Feasting and Snacking: The Eateries and Planning Your Adventure: Your Plans
My Previous TripsSometime in the 70's with mom; 1990 honeymoon; 1994 trip with brother; 2002 Dec - POFQ; 2003 May - ASMovies; 2003 Oct - ASMovies; 2004 May - Pop; 2004 Sept - AKL; 2004 Nov - PORiverside; 2005 May - Grand Gathering #1; 2005 Dec - Mousefest w/Karen; 2006 March - DLR w/Karen; 2006 June - Beach Club w/Karen; 2006 Dec - Grand Gathering #2; 2007 Feb DLR Girls Trip; 2007 Dec - Appetizer trip/Mousfest w/CLT; 2008 Jun - CLT+2 meet the Koenigs; 2008 Dec - CLQ Broken Ankle Tribute; 2009 Mar - Unclenching at POFQ!; 2009 June - Sweating with Friends; 2009 Dec - Sousefest09; 2011 Dec - 3 to a bed; 2012 Jul - Even Eileen! (DLR)
Caldercup is offline   Reply With Quote