Matching Disney T-shirts - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Making More Magic: Everything Else at Walt Disney World!
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 07:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

Matching Disney T-shirts

I really want to get matching Disney (Mickey, etc...) for the family .... anyone know where the best place to get them would be?
oddboysmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:54 AM   #2 (permalink)

disneystoreonline.com would be the best place to try and get them ahead of time. or you could wait until you get to orlando and try to find some in the cheapy outlets.
fluffybunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:02 AM   #3 (permalink)

I've been making my own! Many folks have amazing Disney clip-art, so to say, that are willing to share and even personalize.

I ordered iron on transfers from Mickey Amy and they are A-MAZING! No need to flip the design and they feel just like screen printing.

I LOVE the shirts I've done so far (17 and counting). I was going to order from the Disney Store, but this was more economical.
buckinghammr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 7
Awesome advice, buckinghammr!! How can we get in touch with Mickey Amy? Is she a PPer??

Feb 2012 PTR (UPDATED): 3 Resorts, 2 Friends, 1 Great Trip
Dec 2011 TR (COMPLETED 12/30): Mousetacular Holiday

Completed Trip Reports:
City on the Bay (Nov. 2011), First Anniversary (Oct. 2011), Dream Disneymoon (Dec. 2010)

My Countdown Counting down to: Mousetacular Holiday Celebration
Disney, here we come!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsJuly 1988 - Family Trip - Offsite // August 2001 - Family Trip - Offsite // December 2010 - Disneymoon - Contemporary Resort // September 2011 - Girl's Only Research Trip - Offsite // October 2011 - First Anniversary - Boardwalk Villas // December 2011 - Mousetacular Holiday - Boardwalk Villas // February 2012 - Girl's Only Trip - Pop Century Resort
MelissaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:24 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaSue View Post
Awesome advice, buckinghammr!! How can we get in touch with Mickey Amy? Is she a PPer??
Here you go!

amymickey.com - Homepage
buckinghammr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

www.zazzle.com has them too!

My Countdown Counting down to: Walt Disney World 2012 Trip
We are in Disney AGAIN Yay!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW every summer from age 8-18 (my GF lived in Longwood, FL), POFQ Feb. 2006, ASMu Sept. 2010
samg0627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

I've used Zazzle for our shirts. I use the same general design for everyone, but then I personalize them with 1st names. Last year, I designed them to look like retro Mickey Mouse Club shirts.
DisneyBri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:02 AM   #8 (permalink)

I also make my own. Last year I used Amy_Mickey for the transfer papers and I cannot say enough great things about her products! I made over 35 t shirts last year. It was very obvious the ones that I used the cheaper papers on! Those were the ones that became painting clothes once we got home. The ones where I used Amy's papers are still looking as good as the day I made them (except for the stains my kids have gotten on them LOL!!)

This year I am again making my own, but have chosen to embroider or applique them. Much more work, and more expensive...but so far I am loving the way they look. You can also find some sellers on Etsy that will make them for you, just be prepared to pay 20 to 40 dollars a piece. But the quality is so worth it!

Nini
My PassPorter Bookshelf
QuiltsbyNini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:09 AM   #9 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckinghammr View Post
This web site says that she is no longer doing Disney designs!

Upcoming trips: early March 2014 - Beach Club; late March 2014 - Saratoga Springs; April 2014 - Eastern Caribbean Cruise on the Fantasy
My Previous TripsOctober 2013 Villas at Grand Floridian; May 2013 Grand Floridian; Feb 2013 Boardwalk Villas; Dec 2012 Beach Club Villas; May 2012 Boardwalk Inn; January 2012 Animal Kingdom Villas; December 2011, Bay Lake Tower; October 2011, Contemporary Resort; March 2011, Beach Club; Oct. 2010, Animal Kingdom Villas and Bay Lake Tower; Oct. 2009 Grand Floridian; April 2009 Boardwalk Villas; Dec. 2008 Boardwalk Inn; Feb. 2008 Boardwalk Inn; Dec. 2007 Polynesian; Dec. 2006 Beach Club; Feb. 1998 Yacht Club
julieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:18 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieb View Post
This web site says that she is no longer doing Disney designs!
She no longer does the Disney designs, but sells the most amazing iron on transfer papers around. A good place to get customized Disney designs to put on her papers is the Disboards...I think it is called Creative Disigns...

Nini
My PassPorter Bookshelf
QuiltsbyNini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:09 PM   #11 (permalink)

Did you try that site I gave you? Here is a better link I personalized mine and everything!

Disney: Home: Zazzle.com Store

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW every summer from age 8-18 (my GF lived in Longwood, FL), POFQ Feb. 2006, ASMu Sept. 2010
Old 08-22-2010, 10:04 AM   #12 (permalink)

I used Zazzle.com to make my last customized Disney shirt that I wore to WDW. I plan on making matching Disney shirts on Zazzle for my family we we travel to WDW next time. It's a great website- check them out!

My Countdown Counting down to:
WDW Here We Come!!!
My Previous TripsContemporary (Feb. 2013); POP (Feb. 2012); All Star Sports (Sept. 2011); Swan (April 2011); POFQ (Jan/Feb. 2011); POP (May 2011); POFQ (April/May 2009).
tinkerbell24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 12:29 PM   #13 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 6
There is a custom shirt shop now at DTD. It wouldn't be cheap, but might be a fun way to get coordinated yet personalized shirts for a range of sizes.

I usually shop the DisneyStore sales, either online or at the store. Prices can be as low as $2.99 for a kid's shirt and $4.00 for an adult shirt. Getting them all to match in various sizes can be the tricky part, however. There are also outlets in the area that sell Disney merchandise at deep discounts from previous years, so if you have a car, it might be worth a couple of hours shopping for some neat souvenirs. We got a $40.00 golf shirt for only $12 and a year-old MVMCP sweatshirt for $7.00 at the character place at Buena Vista Outlets (their website has coupons).

Last year, my notoriously cheap husband bought us tee shirts when we arrived in our resort shop ($24.00 each!) with a cool Mickey on a black shirt (he is wearing his in the picture). We plan to wear them again this year!

Nik & his favorite guy Goofy at DHS Osborne Lights
Sandra in Northern VA
My Countdown Counting down to: Our next stay at All Star Music with free dining!
77 days, 17 hours, 11 minutes
My Previous TripsOff-site 1973, 1975, 1984, 1985, 1988. All Star Music 2001-2012; Swan 2011. All Star Movies 2013.
yalibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:38 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiltsbyNini View Post
She no longer does the Disney designs, but sells the most amazing iron on transfer papers around. A good place to get customized Disney designs to put on her papers is the Disboards...I think it is called Creative Disigns...

Nini
Found someone on Dis Boards Name is Tebi73 here is what she came up with:

My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 08-22-2010, 03:38 PM   #15 (permalink)

Now where do I get the Paper!

My PassPorter Bookshelf