Bay Lake Tower @ Contemporary
About This Page: This is a discussion on Bay Lake Tower @ Contemporary within the Owning the Magic: Disney Vacation Club, part of the PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel; I haven't seen an active thread on the subject since March, so I thought I would get things stirring again ...
Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.
To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.
I haven't seen an active thread on the subject since March, so I thought I would get things stirring again since on the last thread the DVC @ Contemporary was called Kingdom Tower and now will be called Bay Lake Towers (at least for now). Plus the progress on the construction has greatly advanced since March.
I was just curious how many of you are considering owning at BLT, will just stay at BLT from time to time, or have no interest in BLT whatsoever. Comments welcome!
I know all of this is still considered a "rumor" until officially announced, but it's still fun to talk about.
Last edited by Kylerayner; 06-29-2008 at 01:30 PM..
I definitely would love to own at BLT. Magic Kingdom is my favorite park and I would love to own at a DVC so close in proximity that also has monorial access. It would be great to also have a view of the MK, if those views will be made available. I'm just hoping that I can afford it when the announcement is made. Notice I said "when" the announcement is made, not "if". I'm trying to stay positive. LOL!
I've no interest in owning there - I'd like more points at the Beach Club Villas (nothing will ever be better than that for us! ) but we'd definitely stay there. We've stayed at nearly all the DVC resorts already (just Villas at Wilderness Lodge to do now) and plan to do this one if and when it's added to the list.
Wish you would have included a "maybe" category. At this point there are just too many unknowns to give it a definite yes or no...
* What will points cost?
* What will the dues be?
* What will the point charts look like?
* How many rooms will be available? (One early filing said 75...if that's all the rooms that DVC gets it will definitely impact my decision as compared to having 300+ rooms.)
* What sort of amenities are being included in the resort? (Assume there is a pool in the courtyard but have no idea what it looks like.)
So put us in the "maybe" category until there are additional details released.
No, probably not. I love SSR, and if I were to add points at WDW, I would add there. I might consider Ko'Olina, but then, we can stay at the Military facility pretty cheaply if we want to go to Hawaii.
We're interested. My husband pointed out the walkway to me the other day (sort of a bridge taking you to the main building) and it looks really cool. I asked one of the DVC reps about it, and he looked at me like I was crazy, and then gave me a rehearsed very long answer about no plans right now for anything new, and sort of chuckled. It looks really cool. But, I may just add on at SSR--- not sure.
I am planning on buying there if and when it is offered. We have 300 points at the BWV, and have never added on (bought in 2000). I've thought about adding on, we would not need a ton more, but never did it. AKV and SSR don't appeal to me (except for the extended end dates). Once the rumors started about BLT I told DH if it happened we had to add on here! Luckily for me he agrees.
I would take points and fees into account, but I think we'd still do an add on here, even if it had to be a bit smaller than we'd like.
My first thought when I heard about DVC being on the monorail line was....WOW, I can't wait! Then I started to think it all through. Chances are the points will cost more and it will take more points per night to stay. Not to say I won't want to stay there, I don't think I will buy points there. If and when dh lets me add on points, I will hopefully be adding on at either Beach Club or Wilderness Lodge through re-sale.
I saw the following posted on another forum. It's not from anyone official at Disney or DVC, so please take it for what it's worth.
Hopping along with Deep Croaker:
Just off the internet with the one, the only DEEP CROAKER
DC left his lillypad just long enough to give some (minor) updates.
1) GBLAST123 is correct BLT sales have been pushed back. Training has not yet occured as the very big wigs are in 'urgent steering meetings' CM's have been told, vacations now, none after Mid July.
2) CMs discount for DVC purchases expire completely June 30, 2008. No new employee discount has been announced, this is a first.
3) DEEP CROAKER believs sales will be delayed 3-6 weeks, look for BLT sales to begin by August 15.
4) DC Look for a *MINIMUM* $10.00 per point raise (like they did with BCV) for BLT, I expect to see points at $120-$125 for BLT.
5) Leisure bookings are down at all WDW resorts, but convention travel is up. Even with that, DC expects BLT to be DVC only with the other Garden Wing becoming another tower in the near future. He can't guess if it will be DVC, mixed use or Convention Suites only.
6) The original Maximum Point Allowcation Chart has been deemed too generous..... Watch for a new higher chart to post *BEFORE* DVC BLT sales are announced. It seemed too good to be true......
7) No word on THV, the Hotels Unit is vigorously fighting for control of these units....
8) Eight new sales (MS-GUIDES) have been hired and are finalizing training (3-4) weeks. This is a larger than normal pre-sales hiring, and several are being assigned to phone sales (has not occurred before). DC reads 'this' as something major comming down the sales avenue in next 3-6 weeks..... BLT anyone?