Easy meals for dvc kitchen - Page 2 - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Owning the Magic: Disney Vacation Club
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: DVC By Resale
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 11:07 AM   #16 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 5
I love the idea of the pre-cooked frozen meals. We just found out we're staying in a cabin with my brother and parents over Memorial weekend (as close to camping as my mom can handle, lol). Anyway, I plan on cooking a whole chicken, shredding the meat and then freezing it so we can make up sandwiches etc. I'd thought about bringing everything along to cook, but...love the idea of doing this ahead of time. Thanks!

The schools around here do a lot of "walking taco" lunches ...I'd never heard of that until I moved down here. Basically, crush up a bag of fritos, then open, put a spoonful or so of taco meat, add topings and it's made to travel (spork style at school of course). We're planning on that - with taco meat we made at home and brought along

Tour Groups, Weather and an ER trip: Our Trip Report
http://www.passporterboards.com/foru...hday-trip.html
This summer's adventures:
ttp://www.passporterboards.com/forum...y-10-22-a.html
My Countdown Counting down to: Mom's secret birthday trip!
Disney bound
My Previous TripsJuly 2012 Beach Club WDW, July 2010 Contemporary WDW August 1990 Grand Floridian, DL July 1989, WDW 1988 Poly, WDW 1985 Poly , WDW 1980 Disney Vacation Club Condos, WDW 1978 Off-site,
mfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

We had a one bedroom last year so we had a full kitchen. We had groceries delivered to our resort. I cooked breakfast almost every morning. Eggs and bacon, bacon, egg, and cheese croissants and breakfast tacos. Using the pre-cooked bacon made these dishes quick. I liked the fact that once we left our room, we had eaten so we could concentrate on hitting the parks.

The first morning I was cooking breakfast I also browned some chicken breast strips that I used for supper for fettucine alfredo (sauce already made in jar) and Romano Macaroni grill's Basil chicken in the box. We bought bagged salad and the veggies that we could cook in the bag.

Although I don't necessarily like cooking on vacation, it was nice to go back to our room a little earlier some evenings to enjoy relaxing at our resort and eat something other than park food. I plan to cook some of the days of the vacation we will be taking in two weeks as well.
My Previous TripsPOR - May 1996, 1999, 2001, June 2002, November 2002, June 2004, December 2009. Yacht Club - November 2002, ASMu - November 2003,Pop Century - November 2004, August 2006, June 2009 DL - Candy Cane Inn - June 2007,WL - Sept 2008
3princesses & grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trailblazer

For breakfast we've done panackes, eggs and bacon, biscuits.

We normally eat lunch and dinner at the parks but we have made sandwiches, spaghetti, lasagna and burgers in the room. Sometimes we will do a quick long weekend during the summer and are there more for the resort to relax so its nice just to do something quick in the room.
My Previous Trips2013 October Vero Beach, 2013 WLV and Beach Club, 2012 October Vero Beach, AKV,2012 June Vero Beach/Boardwalk Villas,2011 October AKV Kidani,2011 July OKW,2010 October Boardwalk Villas,2010 July Saratoga Springs,2010 May/June AKV Kidani, 2009 October Bay Lake Towers,2009 May Beach Club Villas, Saratoga,2009 March Saratoga Springs,2008 Dec Saratoga Springs,2008 Oct Old Key West, 2008 July Saratoga Springs, 2008 May Animal Kingdom Villas, 2007 Oct Disney Magic/Coronado Springs, 2007 May/June Wilderness Lodge/Dolphin, 2006 AKL, 2006 CSR, 2006 AKL/Dolphin, 2005 Pop, 2004 Polynesian, 2003 POR, 2003 Disney Magic/AKL, 2002 All Star Movies, 2001 POFQ, 2001 Disney Wonder/POR, 1995 Caribbean Beach, 1993 POR (Dixie Landings) Honeymoon
angiek1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfirst View Post
The schools around here do a lot of "walking taco" lunches ...I'd never heard of that until I moved down here. Basically, crush up a bag of fritos, then open, put a spoonful or so of taco meat, add topings and it's made to travel (spork style at school of course). We're planning on that - with taco meat we made at home and brought along
They call them Traveling Tacos here in MT. I'm from NY and had never heard of them at all. :

Traveling tacos here are made with Doritos on the bottom and the taco fixin's on top.

Scarfing down Chocolate Extinction at T-Rex
My Countdown Counting down to: Beach time and Mouse Time
Enjoying another Florida vacation
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsJune 2012 Disney Dream and BWV;June 2011 WL and Vero Beach; August 2010 AKLV;April 2010 Disneyland; August 2009 AKLV; April 2009 Disneyland; June 2008 AKLV; December 2007 SSR; June 2007 BCV; June 2006 OKW; June 2005 WL
WDWJAMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #20 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

Concierge Level: 7
We keep meaning to cook more but other then leftovers our meals have been limited.

I did make bread last trip, no kneading necessary. You mix up the ingredients in the morning, let sit all day, stir, put into a dutch oven, let sit another hour or two, cook 1 hour. Made the room and hallway smell nice . We drive so i brought along my dutch oven and the few ingredients premeasured.
WeLvBCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #21 (permalink)

I found it pretty easy to measure out spices I need for some meals into those little snack-sized ziplock bags. I label what its for on the baggie and good to go! I make a quick marinara sauce for penne that I do that with and I have the can stuff delivered to the room with our Garden grocer order. I find it easier than packing up my spice cabinet or buying bottles of spices every time and it takes up practically no room in the suitcase!

My Countdown Counting down to: Escaping Election Chaos at WDW and on the Fantasy
Ahhhhhhhh......
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsNov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--Grand Floridian; Dec 05--Grand Californian Concierge/Beach Club Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--Grand Floridian Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, West. Carib; May 07--Saratoga Springs; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, East. Carib; Jan 08--Saratoga Springs; Apr 08 Contemporary Concierge; Aug 08--Grand Californian Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--Grand Floridian Palm Club; Apr 09--Animal Kingdom Lodge; Oct 09--Saratoga Springs; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--Villas at Wilderness Lodge; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov-Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--Grand Californian; Jun 11--DIsney Dream B2B; Jan 12--WDW VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Disney Magic 2-day; Nov '12--BLT; Nov '12--Eastern Carib, Fantasy; Feb '13--POR;
NanaTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:44 AM   #22 (permalink)

Great ideas - I'll be using many of them (love the spices in the baggies and precooked bacon!)

Click here for "Girls' Work and Play Getaway (2 Moms Play in Disney World)" June 2014

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW - CBR July 1997, AKL - Jambo House June 2009, AKL - Kidani Village August 2011, Kidani Village Thanksgiving 2012, BCV Sept 2013, The Dream Sept 2013, CSR June 2014
goofyboysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:57 AM   #23 (permalink)

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

I've never cooked at WDW, but I do cook on vacation at the beach a lot. One thing I don't want to do is cook anything that takes more than 1/2 hour to make.

Can you bring a crockpot? Put together your meal and it's ready when you come in for dinner. Lots of recipes online if you don't have meals you usually do. BBQ Chicken is a favorite...put on rolls and have some packaged slaw or potato salad with it.

Tortellini with jar Alfredo sauce.

Penne pasta with ground italian sausage cooked and mixed with favorite spaghetti sauce.

Peel and Eat Shrimp (our grocery often has sales on 2 lb frozen bags which I bring with me). Corn on the cob is great with this.

Packaged salads and bread to round out meals.

You're getting a lot of good advice. Have fun planning!

PassPorter Guide for the Staying in Style forum
HiddenMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:16 AM   #24 (permalink)
Faith, Trust, Pixie Dust

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

We have done spaghetti, lasagna, chicken parm, and do take advantage of the outdoor grills-burgers, hot dogs, grilled chicken, steak etc.

DVC Members since 1994- 520 points
My Countdown Counting down to: 4 night Cruise and 3 nights BCV Food and Wine just DH and I!!
13 days, 9 hours, 3 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips10/13/13 Poly Club Level and Food and Wine 7/23/12 7 night Fantasy western carribean 7/24/11 5 night Dream, BCV and Poly Concierge, 7/25/10 5 night Wonder Cruise and 7 nights BLT; 8/1/09-10 days Grand Californian Concierge; 4/08-Disney Magic-Eastern Carribean-25th anniversary; 2 trips a year-since 1990. Prior to 1990, 5 trips including honeymoon. First trip in 1971.
disneymom9092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:04 AM   #25 (permalink)
Community Rank: Day-Tripper

mfirst, I am intrigued by the "slow cook" roast. We leave in less than 3 weeks, staying at AKV 1-bedroom, first time with kitchen. How big of a roast do you use, and when you say "cover" with beef broth do you literally cover the whole roast or just put some in the pan. This would definitely be a favorite for my family. Plan on using my kitchen frequently so building a little meal book just to be ready.
dpaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:02 AM   #26 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpaine View Post
mfirst, I am intrigued by the "slow cook" roast. We leave in less than 3 weeks, staying at AKV 1-bedroom, first time with kitchen. How big of a roast do you use, and when you say "cover" with beef broth do you literally cover the whole roast or just put some in the pan. This would definitely be a favorite for my family. Plan on using my kitchen frequently so building a little meal book just to be ready.
We do a roast overnight in the oven, too. It was less than 3 lbs. I put one cup of water in the bottom of the pan with a packet of Italian dressing (dry), then covered it loosely with aluminum foil. Just remember to keep the oven temp low (especially if you plan to sleep in!).
Dreaming of DisneyWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:25 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJAMBA View Post
I do quick breakfast sandwiches. I spray a regular-sized cereal bowl with nonstick spray and scramble an egg in the bowl.
I pop bread or English muffin in toaster and cook eggs in microwave for 45 seconds.
When eggs come out, I pop a slice of cheese on them and put everything on the English muffin.

We like these because they are quick and have more protein which holds us longer than cereal or oatmeal.
Love this idea thanks for sharing. Of course ceral,oatmeal,pop tarts are all quick and easy for in the morning when you want to eat and get onto the parks. We are mostly breakfast people for cooking in the villas,but we like fast simple and easy so lunches we usually do sandwhiches w/ some chips or maybe a frozen pizza. My DD loves the uncrustables they sell in the gift shops so we always grab a few for her during the week,For us it also depends if we are renting a car and going to the grocery store. We have been doing the dining plan recently so havent used the kitchen a whole lot but its nice to know its there for a down day or just grabbing a cold drink from the fridge.
My Previous TripsToo many to count in my childhood but most recent trips I can remember is our honeymoon at Grand Floridian 2002, OKW 2004,2005, Disneyland Grand Californian 2007, SSR 2009, BCV & Kidani 2010,BCV May 2011,WLV 2012, SSR 2013

Last edited by Tigger25; 06-30-2012 at 11:01 PM..
Tigger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:51 PM   #28 (permalink)
Red Hot Momma~

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

What a great post! Got a few trips in the coming future, gotta remember these.
My Previous TripsWDW- 73,75x2,76,78,79,80,81,82,84x2,86x2,88, 89x2,90x2,91x2,92x2,93x2,95,96, 97,98,99x2,00x7,01x4,02x3,03x4, 04x4,05,07x4,08x2, 09x4, 10x3, 11x5, 12
AllisonG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:42 PM   #29 (permalink)
PassPorter Guide

All great ideas! We've never cooked anything but breakfast, but I'm sure one days we'll cook and it's great to have options.
My Countdown Counting down to: Reaching New Heights
18 days, 20 hours, 18 minutes
My Previous TripsDVC members at AKV since 4/08 WDW Visits: 5/04 - 5/05 - 6/07 - CBR; 11/06 - AKL; 10/08 - SSR ; 12/09 - BCV; 6/09 - 8/10 - 9/11 - AKV club level; 5-6/12 - AKV; 9/12 - BWV; DCL - 10/13 - Dream
OhToodles! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:27 PM   #30 (permalink)

We do bacon and eggs for breakfast, chicken in breadcrumbs, frozen Pizza, macaroni and cheese, pasta with sauce, deli meat and salad, hotdogs. For our next trip i was even thinking pre mixing my pancake mix at home and only having eggs and milk to add before frying until it occurred to me that carrying white powder on the plane might not be the cleverest idea we ever had.

My Countdown Counting down to: A weekend at the Palmer resort, spa and Dinosaur Park on the Sunshine Coast
13 days, 19 hours, 33 minutes
Thomhazel is offline   Reply With Quote