Premium Pass - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Owning the Magic: Disney Vacation Club
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: DVC By Resale
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

Concierge Level: 6
Premium Pass

So excited we received our Exchange Certificates in the mail this week. Sadly, we won't be able to use them until December, 2013. But the passes are now paid for, one less thing to worry about for our trip and with the passes we know we will take at least one more trip after the December trip.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo (3).jpg (33.5 KB, 26 views)
My Previous TripsDLR many visits growing up, WDW June 2004, DLR May 2010 & Nov 2010, WDW Jan 2011, DLR May 2011 & Nov 2011, WDW Dec 2011 - BLT, WDW Feb 2012 - WLV & BWV, DLR May 2013, AKL & OKW Dec 2013, AKL May 2014 & SSR Oct 2014
Shari2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
I ♥ Wall-E
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Scout

Concierge Level: 7
Congrats!

DH and I still have to purchase ours before we leave, which usually I'm super excited to do but being that we're in the midst of our current trip, I'm wincing at spending all of that money for the passes at the same time. . . But, I know it's soooo worth it -- and I'll definitely be saying that next year when I've gotten over the credit card bill!
My Previous TripsWDW Trips: May 2002 (4 Parks, 4 Days (w/the Macs) @ Days Inn Old Town) ♥ November 2003 (Camping w/the Macs @ FW) ♥ February 2004 (Girls Trip @ Days Inn Old Town) ♥ November 2005 (Honeymoon @ Sandals Jamaica & Hilton DTD) ♥ October 2006 (1st Annv. @ Hilton DTD & WL) ♥ November/December 2007 (2nd Annv. @ Hilton DTD) ♥ November 2008 (3rd Annv. @ Hilton DTD) ♥ September/October 2009 (4th Annv. @ SSR) ♥ February 2010 (Mom n' Me @ Buena Vista Palace DTD) ♥ October/November 2010 (5th Annv. @ AKL-Jambo, AKL-Kidani & BLT) ♥ November 2011 (6th Annv. @ AKL-Jambo & BWV) ♥ October/November 2012 (7th Annv. @ AKL-Jambo & BCV) ♥ October/November 2013 (8th Annv. @ OKW, AKL-Jambo & BWV) ♥ October 2014 (9th Annv. @ AKL-Jambo & BWV)
aliceinwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
PassPorter Message Board Manager

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 3
It's so worth it! We bought ours, even though we'd already purchased passes. We'll just save those for December 2014 and use the DVC special offer ones next month!

Enjoying time with my donkey boy on our holiday visit to Disneyland Paris. The trip report for our Italy road trip also continues.

I'm Cheryl and I'm the author of PassPorter's Walt Disney World for British Holidaymakers and the co-author of PassPorter's Disney Vacation Club Guide I'm also one of the PassPorter guides for the Disney Vacation Club, Eateries, Globetrotting, Globetrotting Trip Reports, Disneyland Resort Paris and Disneyland Trip Reports forums.
My Countdown Counting down to: Our weekend away in Longleat
6 hours, 19 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisney: 17 trips to WDW, 5 to Disneyland in California, 8 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 6 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy to the Caribbean (three times), Alaska (once) and the Mediterranean (twice). Non-Disney (because otherwise I can't keep track...): American cities (Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington DC), American National Parks (Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Death Valley, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Grand Tetons, Virgin Islands, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion), Hawaii (Oahu, Kauai, Maui and Big Island) and Europe (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Spain (including Tenerife, Lanzarote and Mallorca), Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Monaco, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
chezp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:00 AM   #4 (permalink)

I must have missed something? What special offer? I am still waiting for some type of discount on the "platinum " pass or whatever it is called. The one that you can use at DL and WDW......
Disney918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:24 AM   #5 (permalink)

I am going to buy ours just before then end of the year after my December salary. So looking forward to having them as we unusually have two trips planned for next year.

My Countdown Counting down to: Weekend in Perth with Graeme and Rory
Exploring Oz
Thomhazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:37 AM   #6 (permalink)

What's this?

Community Rank: Globetrotter

DVC is offering Premium Annual Passes for $399 each until 12/31/12. They have to be activated by 12/31/13.

It's interesting - an exchange certificate wasn't an option when I called DVC to purchase the PAP. They gave me a Will Call number instead. That's okay, but I was surprised.

A beautiful day in the neighborhood!
My Previous Trips10/13 - F&W, BCV, SSR [1st stay]; 5/13 - Bob and Cam's Retirement, BWV; 12/12 - Holiday Reunion, BLT; 4/12 - Bob's 65th Birthday Bash, BLT, AKV Club Level [1st stay]; 12/11 - BCF Reunion VWL, BLT [1st GV stay]; 9/11 - Labor Day BCV; 4/11 - VWL [NATREC]; 4/11 - AKV; 10/10 - Epcot F&W Fest BLT [1st stay], VWL [1st stay]; 9/10 - Labor Day BWV; 5/10 - Memorial Day AKV Kidani Village; 12/09 - Sousefest AKV Jambo House; 09/09 - BWV [1st DVC stay!]; 05/09 - PP DoD CR GW and MK View; 12/08 - Mousefest YC Club Level; 4/08 - BWI, POFQ; 4/07-5/07 - WL, Poly MK View; 4/06 - WL OFC; 1/06-2/06 - AKL; 4/05 - BC, POR; 2/04 - AKL; 4/03 - POR; 2/02 - WL, CBR; 1/01 - DxL; 4/00 - DxL, WL; 12/95 - CBR; 11/85 - Offsite; 8/74 - Royal Inn; 6/73 - Offsite; 4/73 - Offsite
LLaffinPlace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
I ♥ Wall-E

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Concierge Level: 7
We did buy ours on our last day at Guest Services, and they gave us our exchange certificates, which ended up being printed out on an AP! I triple-checked and they're very much just the vouchers, but boy it gave me a small heart attack when the CM handed them over!

Anyway, it is great to know that next year's passes are bought and I'll have one less thing to worry about next trip -- other than remembering to bring them with us!
My Previous TripsWDW Trips: May 2002 (4 Parks, 4 Days (w/the Macs) @ Days Inn Old Town) ♥ November 2003 (Camping w/the Macs @ FW) ♥ February 2004 (Girls Trip @ Days Inn Old Town) ♥ November 2005 (Honeymoon @ Sandals Jamaica & Hilton DTD) ♥ October 2006 (1st Annv. @ Hilton DTD & WL) ♥ November/December 2007 (2nd Annv. @ Hilton DTD) ♥ November 2008 (3rd Annv. @ Hilton DTD) ♥ September/October 2009 (4th Annv. @ SSR) ♥ February 2010 (Mom n' Me @ Buena Vista Palace DTD) ♥ October/November 2010 (5th Annv. @ AKL-Jambo, AKL-Kidani & BLT) ♥ November 2011 (6th Annv. @ AKL-Jambo & BWV) ♥ October/November 2012 (7th Annv. @ AKL-Jambo & BCV) ♥ October/November 2013 (8th Annv. @ OKW, AKL-Jambo & BWV) ♥ October 2014 (9th Annv. @ AKL-Jambo & BWV)
aliceinwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Way to go!!! I am buying ours after Thanksgiving. I think the in-laws are hinting at helping with those as part of Christmas so....
My Countdown Counting down to: Long Weekend #2 I blame the pins
Next Visit?
My Previous TripsWDW July 1974, Childhood trip date Unknown, May 1994, July 1996, September 2003, Sept/October 2006, January 2007, December 2008, Sept/October 2008,April 2010, Sept 2013, March 2014, September 2014
Hugmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:49 AM   #9 (permalink)

My current AP is good through next May, but I bought the Premium one for myself, and will activate it sometime later next year. What a great deal!!

Upcoming trips: early March 2014 - Beach Club; late March 2014 - Saratoga Springs; April 2014 - Eastern Caribbean Cruise on the Fantasy
My Previous TripsOctober 2013 Villas at Grand Floridian; May 2013 Grand Floridian; Feb 2013 Boardwalk Villas; Dec 2012 Beach Club Villas; May 2012 Boardwalk Inn; January 2012 Animal Kingdom Villas; December 2011, Bay Lake Tower; October 2011, Contemporary Resort; March 2011, Beach Club; Oct. 2010, Animal Kingdom Villas and Bay Lake Tower; Oct. 2009 Grand Floridian; April 2009 Boardwalk Villas; Dec. 2008 Boardwalk Inn; Feb. 2008 Boardwalk Inn; Dec. 2007 Polynesian; Dec. 2006 Beach Club; Feb. 1998 Yacht Club
julieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

Just got back yesterday from WDW. I had renewed my DVC AP in June before the price increase. I went to Guest Relations in Downtown Disney last Friday to pick up my renewal with my will call number. I asked about upgrading to the PAP and was pleasantly surprized that instead of upgrading, I was given credit for my renewal and was able to purchase the PAP for a mere $14 and change. The best part is my new PAP is dated November 9th instead of June 26th like my renewal. I'll get three trips out of this AP. I used it last week, my husband and I are renting a condo about 5 miles from WDW for February and March, and we are taking our family next October. What a savings. Just need to get my husband's voucher next month and we'll be set.

Grandkids- Ian and Stella
My Countdown Counting down to:
My Previous TripsMore trips to the World than I can count
DVC393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #11 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 1
I plan on buying them in December (after payday) and then we will activate them on our trip 12/7/13. Then we will be able to use them twice in that year because we will be back again in the fall of 2014.

My Countdown Counting down to: Oct 25, 2014 - Land and Sea!!!
Couple of Rum Runners and a Beach!
My Previous TripsWDW April 2010 CSR (1st trip ever), WDW Nov 2010 AKL (honeymoon after 14 years of marriage), WDW Nov 2011 (1st DVC trip) BLT, WDW Sept 2012 OKW, 2013 Christmas time split stay - SS/OKW
Coop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:59 AM   #12 (permalink)

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC393 View Post
Just got back yesterday from WDW. I had renewed my DVC AP in June before the price increase. I went to Guest Relations in Downtown Disney last Friday to pick up my renewal with my will call number. I asked about upgrading to the PAP and was pleasantly surprized that instead of upgrading, I was given credit for my renewal and was able to purchase the PAP for a mere $14 and change. The best part is my new PAP is dated November 9th instead of June 26th like my renewal. I'll get three trips out of this AP. I used it last week, my husband and I are renting a condo about 5 miles from WDW for February and March, and we are taking our family next October. What a savings. Just need to get my husband's voucher next month and we'll be set.
That's great news.

Enjoying time with my donkey boy on our holiday visit to Disneyland Paris. The trip report for our Italy road trip also continues.

I'm Cheryl and I'm the author of PassPorter's Walt Disney World for British Holidaymakers and the co-author of PassPorter's Disney Vacation Club Guide I'm also one of the PassPorter guides for the Disney Vacation Club, Eateries, Globetrotting, Globetrotting Trip Reports, Disneyland Resort Paris and Disneyland Trip Reports forums.
6 hours, 19 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisney: 17 trips to WDW, 5 to Disneyland in California, 8 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 6 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy to the Caribbean (three times), Alaska (once) and the Mediterranean (twice). Non-Disney (because otherwise I can't keep track...): American cities (Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington DC), American National Parks (Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Death Valley, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Grand Tetons, Virgin Islands, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion), Hawaii (Oahu, Kauai, Maui and Big Island) and Europe (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Spain (including Tenerife, Lanzarote and Mallorca), Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Monaco, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
Old 11-23-2012, 04:05 PM   #13 (permalink)

We bought our premium annual passes today woohoo.

My Countdown Counting down to: Weekend in Perth with Graeme and Rory
Exploring Oz
Thomhazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:06 AM   #14 (permalink)

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomhazel View Post
We bought our premium annual passes today woohoo.
Yay!

6 hours, 19 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 11-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #15 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 1
I think I will be able to buy our PAP's soon (money wise). My question now is since we won't be down in The World to pick them up (or activate them) until December 2013, will they just send us a voucher or do I have to save my confirmation # (which I do anyway)? I'm just concerned because it will be a whole year.

My Countdown Counting down to: Oct 25, 2014 - Land and Sea!!!
Couple of Rum Runners and a Beach!
My Previous TripsWDW April 2010 CSR (1st trip ever), WDW Nov 2010 AKL (honeymoon after 14 years of marriage), WDW Nov 2011 (1st DVC trip) BLT, WDW Sept 2012 OKW, 2013 Christmas time split stay - SS/OKW
Coop is online now   Reply With Quote