Magic Bands and AP - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Owning the Magic: Disney Vacation Club
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: DVC By Resale
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2013, 10:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 3
Magic Bands and AP

Im not sure if this is really the right place for this but since I got my AP because I am a DVC member I figured someone else here might know the answer.

How are the magic bands working with the AP? Will we get a band for our room but our tickets wont be on them? What about people on our reservation but not holding AP (my parents are coming with us). Anyone have any ideas? I'm not going until May but I see all the PTR and TR with the fun bands and I am sad at the idea my family and I wont get to have one lol.

Take a look at my PTR! : Noelle & Nicolaus's Adventures in Disney World

My Countdown Counting down to: Noelle and Nicolaus's Adventures in Disney World
Off to show Noelle and Nicolaus the world!
My Previous TripsWDW WL July 1997. WDW Poly July 2003. WDW June 2004. WDW GF June 2009. WDW AKL/GF Sept 2010. WDW WL April 2011. WDW SSR Sept 2011. WDW BLT Sept 2012. WDW BC Jan 2013.
southerngirl1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

We are going in a month and are AP holders. Here is what I was told by IT:

1. First part of stay is at non testing resort so we will get and use RFID AP card and KTTW

2. Second part is a testing resort and at that point AP will work on magicband.

Not sure what will happen for AP holders staying offsite. My parents have regular tickets and they will be on their bands as well.
My Previous TripsWDW 1992, WDW 1999, WDW & All Star Sports May 2009, Kidani Village and WLV 2010, POFQ 2011, Disney Dream 2012, All Star Music Jan 2013, WLV and AKV Oct 2013, AsSports and VGF 2014
kellensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 6
DH and I got picked for testing, and we're have APs. We're going in October and staying at AKL DVC resort. Not sure how it will all work, but I'm pretty sure someone on here will let us know!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsAsMo Woody Dec 2002 AsSp Baseball Oct 2003 AKL Savana/Pop Nov/Dev 2004 ASMo Fantasia Nov/2008 DVC SS Nov 2009 First Homecoming Nov 13-20.2010 First Disney "Magic"al Honeymoon Cruise 10/1-10/8 Celebrating part 2 @ WDW BWV 10/8-10/11 Mikey's 1st trip 9/2-9/8/2012 Fam Trip 10/19-10/26
acidreignn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yay you guys will have to let me know how it goes. We are staying at BLT in May so hopefully everyone gets bands then.

My Previous TripsWDW WL July 1997. WDW Poly July 2003. WDW June 2004. WDW GF June 2009. WDW AKL/GF Sept 2010. WDW WL April 2011. WDW SSR Sept 2011. WDW BLT Sept 2012. WDW BC Jan 2013.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:46 AM   #5 (permalink)

We are staying on points at AKV Jambo in October and were selected to test Magic Bands. We were allowed to link our APs to our reservation via MDE with no trouble. It has been very easy to select FP+ and everything seems to be in order. I was told that APs are treated like any other ticket. (sure hope so, it has all worked remarkably well so far... knock on wood!)

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsAulani May 2013, WDW/DVC Nov 2012, WDW/DVC Feb 2012, WDW/DVC Sept 2011, WDW/DVC March 2010, WDW/DVC Sept 2009, WDW/DVC Jan 2009, WDW Nov 2008, WDW Oct 2007, WDW May 2006,WDW Nov 2005, WDW Nov 2003, WDW Jan 2001, WDW Dec 1999, More trips to DL over my life than I can count! Longtime AP holder DL, Former Cast member Disneyland Character Dept.
lesabrowning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

We are going in ten days and have two sets of magic bands (split stay) sitting in the Disney pile. I will also let you know how it goes.
My Countdown Counting down to: Long Weekend #2 I blame the pins
Next Visit?
My Previous TripsWDW July 1974, Childhood trip date Unknown, May 1994, July 1996, September 2003, Sept/October 2006, January 2007, December 2008, Sept/October 2008,April 2010, Sept 2013, March 2014, September 2014
Hugmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

I can't wait to find out how it goes!

Old 09-25-2013, 10:44 AM   #8 (permalink)

We just got back last weekend. We stayed at Beach Club Villas and had the magic bands. If you have the disney experience app, you just link your tickets to that by putting in the number on the back of the pass and selecting which person it belongs to and once you have the magic bands which will also appear on your disney experience account with your reservation, they will automatically link to each individuals park pass (no matter the type). At check in they link your bands to your room number also. You can get into your room with your band, use the dining plan (if purchased), your park ticket, room charges and they also started scanning the bands at some picture locations while we were there. I am thinking that even if you are offsite, your band will still operate your park pass, just won't give you access to any room or dining. We have been home since Sunday and when I go on my disney experience, our annual passes and our bands are all still listed and active.

Sammy 5 years and Peyton 15 months - September 2013

poohbr2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:25 AM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks for the post trip update!

Old 09-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #10 (permalink)

All park tickets--AP, Magic Your Way, etc.--are to be linked to a My Disney Experience account.

Separately Magic Bands will also be linked to a MDE account.

It appears that Disney plans to send out new Magic Bands for every Disney resort stay. (Consecutive "split stays" may just get one set...but that's a work in progress.) If you schedule trips in March, June and October, you'll probably get 3 sets of bands.

But as long as the Bands are all properly linked to the MDE account (Disney should take care of this but it can be confirmed online), they can all be used for theme park admission.

tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:55 PM   #11 (permalink)

Less than a month before our first DVC trip...

1) Customized Magic Bands...customized and received.
2) Annual Passes...confirmation numbers were entered into My Disney Experience and accepted (I "think" we might still have to activate them at Guest Relations at DTD once we get there to activate the 365 counter)
3) MNNSHP - added but I'm not sure if we get separate "more visible" bands in addition.
4) Tables In Wonderland...I'm not sure how that will be added or not...we'll find out.

Best Practice: Trust in the bands but keep the other cards in your pocket just in case.

Cheers,
--john

Walt Disney World here we come...back!

jendahl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #12 (permalink)

Just got back from a trip on last Sunday.
AP added to the bands no issue
They cannot add MNSHP - you need your hard ticket and they will give you a plastic band for the event.
Had a split stay and now have to sets of bands, both of which are attached to the AP and could be attached to future trips.

They did say the battery in the current bands is good for about three years. Planing another trip for next March and hope we can use the same bands.
My Countdown Counting down to: Long Weekend #2 I blame the pins
Next Visit?
My Previous TripsWDW July 1974, Childhood trip date Unknown, May 1994, July 1996, September 2003, Sept/October 2006, January 2007, December 2008, Sept/October 2008,April 2010, Sept 2013, March 2014, September 2014
Hugmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
DMA

Concierge Level: 4
We used the Magic Bands on our recent stay at BCV. We were able to link of AP to the Magic Bands BUT if you plan on using the AP discount at the souvenir shops you should still carry your AP and a valid photo ID. They cannot (at least they couldn't when we were there) give you the discount without the physical card.

Also, we were not able to link TiW to the Magic Bands. Had to show that card at all dining establishments for the discount.

~Donna

August 2011 - Girls Trip to the World

Nov/Dec 2012 - Our First Christmas Trip to the World

How much ice cream can we possible consume in one week?
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsApr. 1976 - off site, Nov. 1991 - Port Orleans, Nov. 1994 - off site, Sept. 2004 - POR, Jan. 2008 - All Star Music, Sept 2009 - POFQ, Sept/Oct 2010 - POFQ, Aug 2011 - POR, Nov/Dec 2012 - BLT Sept 2013 - BCV
DMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:34 PM   #14 (permalink)

Thanks so much for the updates everyone! Hopefully by May some of the bugs and unlinkable things are fixed.