The DVC resorts - your links to information and photos of each - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Owning the Magic: Disney Vacation Club
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: DVC By Resale
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2004, 11:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
PassPorter Message Board Manager

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 3
The DVC resorts - your links to information and photos of each

In this forum is information about each of the DVC resorts. We've started off each thread with details of each resort, but we want your contributions:

what useful tips can you offer fellow travellers to a DVC resorts?
what was good or bad about them?
what should other people know about them, before they stay there?
have you got any photos you can share with us of the resorts?

To make life easier, each thread about each DVC resort is listed below. Simply click on it to take you straight to that thread:

Disney's Vero Beach Resort

Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort

Old Key West Resort

The BoardWalk Villas

the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge

Beach Club Villas

Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas

Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort

The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel and Spa

Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa in Ko Olina, Hawai'i

The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa

We look forward to all your tips, photos and useful information!

From your co-guides Owning the Magic : The Disney Vacation Club, Cheryl (chezp), Sue (rescusk), Dianne (disneymom9092) and Claudine (WDWJAMBA)

Last edited by chezp; 11-24-2013 at 08:20 AM..
chezp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 04:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Community Rank: Legend

Concierge Level: 7
Re: The DVC resorts - your links to information and photos of each

Again, I just want to thank the both of you for doing such a bang-up job in this forum!! You so totally rock!!
Wendyismyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Judithen
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

Community Rank: Day-Tripper

Concierge Level: 6
Hi, these links no longer seem to work. Any new ones?

Also, I've been looking all over for MAPS of the resorts, and for WDW in general, that I can DOWNLOAD for printing or viewing. PDF files would be nice, especially if I can add sticky notes. Are there any on Passporter? If not, do you know where I can find them? Thanks bunches.
My Countdown Counting down to: WDW 45th Anniversary Event
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you Tomorrow...
My Previous TripsWDW since 1981 and DVC since 2000! "30 Plus" WDW Trips and Counting! 1 DLR Trip and Hoping for More!
judithen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
PassPorter Message Board Manager

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by judithen View Post
Hi, these links no longer seem to work. Any new ones?

Also, I've been looking all over for MAPS of the resorts, and for WDW in general, that I can DOWNLOAD for printing or viewing. PDF files would be nice, especially if I can add sticky notes. Are there any on Passporter? If not, do you know where I can find them? Thanks bunches.
Do let me know which of these links no longer work, as I've just checked every single one and they all seem to be working fine for me.

I don't know of any maps of the resorts for downloading on PassPorter.

Enjoying time in beautiful Verona on our Italy road trip. The trip reports for our cruise on the Magic around Greece and Turkey and a day out in Paris are now complete.

I'm Cheryl and I'm the author of PassPorter's Walt Disney World for British Holidaymakers and the co-author of PassPorter's Disney Vacation Club Guide I'm also one of the PassPorter guides for the Disney Vacation Club, Eateries, Globetrotting, Globetrotting Trip Reports, Disneyland Resort Paris and Disneyland Trip Reports forums.
My Countdown Counting down to: Our wedding anniversary
10 days, 17 hours, 8 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisney: 17 trips to WDW, 5 to Disneyland in California, 7 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 6 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy to the Caribbean (three times), Alaska (once) and the Mediterranean (twice). Non-Disney (because otherwise I can't keep track...): American cities (Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington DC), American National Parks (Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Death Valley, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Grand Tetons, Virgin Islands, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion), Hawaii (Oahu, Kauai, Maui and Big Island) and Europe (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Spain (including Tenerife, Lanzarote and Mallorca), Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Monaco, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
chezp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 05:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Judithen
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

Community Rank: Day-Tripper

Well...I don't know what happened last night because they're all working for me, too, today. But last night I couldn't click through any of them

And if you ever do find Disney Maps, please post where, okay? Thanks for everything.
My Countdown Counting down to: WDW 45th Anniversary Event
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you Tomorrow...
My Previous TripsWDW since 1981 and DVC since 2000! "30 Plus" WDW Trips and Counting! 1 DLR Trip and Hoping for More!
judithen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Community Rank: Wayfarer

Room for 8-9

DH and I are thinking of buying into DVC once we purchase our house. We have 6 children that live with us and 1 in college. What DVC resorts would fit us all?

First family vacation

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDLR monthly until 2010, POP 1/2007, CSR 3/2012, POP 5/2012, DLR 12/2012, BC 11/2013
mrswhitbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrswhitbey View Post
DH and I are thinking of buying into DVC once we purchase our house. We have 6 children that live with us and 1 in college. What DVC resorts would fit us all?
All of the DVC resorts have Two Bedroom Villas which sleep 8 guests. About half of the resorts have an extra bed to sleep 9.

Note that sleeping accommodations are as follows:
- Master bedroom with king size bed
- Guest bedroom with two queen size beds OR one queen bed and a full-size sleeper sofa.
- Living room with queen size sleeper sofa

With two individuals in each bed and sofabed, there are accommodations for 8.

Several resorts have a twin-size convertible chair or murphy bed in the living room to accommodate a 9th guest.

Most resorts also have Grand Villas which sleep 12 or 13. These rooms are dramatically higher in price than a Two Bedroom villa.

tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote