UGHH... Had to change everything... (rant)
About This Page: This is a discussion on UGHH... Had to change everything... (rant) within the Planning Your Adventure: Your Plans for Walt Disney World, part of the PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel; Ughhh... I called today to change my ressies for DVC stay 12/1--12/8 to a 2 BR villa (in-laws are now ...
Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.
To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.
Ughhh... I called today to change my ressies for DVC stay 12/1--12/8 to a 2 BR villa (in-laws are now coming too ) and also to try & get into a different resort or wait list.... Well, I COULD NOT GET A 2 BRV ANYWHERE for those dates... anything available was only a day or 2 here & there during that week!!! I even tried a 1 BRV & studio---still, no luck... we're stuck ! The DVC CM (Christina) was AMAZING!! She checked everywhere and still --- nothing. So, after talking to her, it seemed as if our best option was changing our week to 12/8-- 12/15. ---- Did I happen to mention, the in-laws already had their plane tickets? And I already purchased our non-refundable/transferable MVMCP tickets?
Well, DH was on his cell talking to DMIL & asking if she'd be willing to pay the $$ to change her flight ressies and I was chatting w/ Christina to see what possibilities were available for the MVMCP tickets... (I purchased them through the regular ticket # vs DVC). She contacted them and we are able exchange our ticket dates for the following week. We have to send the tickets back (which I got in the mail today) w/ a note stating why and who they talked to about it. We had to purchase 6 new tickets today, and after WDW recieves my other tickets, then they will refund the $$ (which is the only fair and guranteed way of doing business). We were able to do this as long as she was able to give them another ressie # for a new stay. Thank God!!!
This would have been easier if I purchased through DVC since it was a will-call/pick-up @ the window this year. The tickets would not have been sent out to me. I almost thought I would have to be the bearer of bad news with either a different or shorter trip and of not being able to go to the MVMCP after all of our excitement. I did not want that job! Needless to say, this second week isn't the best time for me or my DS, but you gotta do what you gotta do. The second week of Dec. is the last week of my ECFE/School Readiness classes (teacher) and it's probably going to be my son's Christmas Concert that we will have to miss. (Both the concert & WDW @ Christmas may only happen once, but we'll just have to take one for the team... twist our arms for WDW).
We were able to get into our home resort & now we just wait to see if one of our other choices become available. At least we're guranteed a room for all of our dates now. And MIL was okay w/ having to change plane tickets & pay the fees to do it. I am grateful for the fact I do get to go to WDW (@ Christmas Time too), we have a place to stay together as a family, and I received EXCELLENT SERVICE (did I mention Christina had me hang up & she stayed on hold for about 40 minutes to get a hold of a ticket CM to get it taken care of--- Now that's service!!) ... Sorry for the rant being sooo long... just a bit frustrated yet excited about all the changes...