Crowds after Memorial Day? - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Planning Your Adventure: Your Plans for Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: Mouse Fan Travel™
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2007, 09:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Wayfarer

Crowds after Memorial Day?

We are going to Disney World on May 29, the day after Memorial Day(Tuesday). Has anyone been at this time? Do you think it will be packed because of the Holiday Weekend?
Stephanie0419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

It was definately picking up the week after Memorial Day. Schools were getting out and the summer swing was starting. Certainly not like the dead of summer - but rides like Soarin had well over an hour wait.

Yvonne:
My Gorgeous Daughter the Graduate----------------->
My Countdown Counting down to: Sam's First Birthday at the World
Rockin the Mouse House
My Previous Trips1994-All Star Music; 1995-Contemporary; 2005-Wilderness Lodge; Became Proud DVC Members 11/2005; 2006-OKW-1st DVC Vacation; 2007-VWL Spring Break; SSR 2007 Mousefest; WL Concierge/1Bdrm SSR 10/2008
TinkerBelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 06:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 5
Most southern schools are getting out about that time, so the crowd will begin to grow. As a teacher I finish on May 30. I knowof 3 teachers at my school who are heading to WDW the day after we get out, including me!

Read about my Grand European River Cruise http://www.passporterboards.com/foru...er-cruise.html

My Countdown Counting down to: Christmas in my Happy Place
32 days, 14 hours, 54 minutes
My Previous TripsSept. 2014 CSR~March 2014 POR~March 2013 POR~June 2011 WONDER to ALASKA~March 2011 POR~June 2010 GF/POLYNESIAN~ June 2009 MAGIC ~ March 2008 POP/WONDER/POFQ ~ Oct. 2007 POP ~ June 2007 CBR ~ March 2007 POP/POFQ ~ June 2006 POP ~ Dec. 2005 POFQ ~ July 2005 POR ~ Jan 2005 POP ~ July 2004 POR ~ Jan. 2004 CBR ~ June 2003 POFQ ~ March 2003 POFQ ~ March 2002 Courtyard ~ Dec. 2001 WL ~ July 2001 ASMU ~ March 2001 POR ~ July 2000 SWAN ~ July 1998 DxL ~ July 1992 DxL ~ May 1989 off site ~ Dec. 1976 Honeymoon off site
Pris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 01:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

Concierge Level: 6
We did that week in 2003. We enjoyed it very much. We found the crowds very manageable and the waits were not all that long anywhere except for any new attractions. I would say .....go for it!

BTW....we used to get out the Friday before Memorial Day....but NC passed a law that said school must start later and end later...now we get out around June 9 every year.
Won't have all those folks from NC in your way!

PassPorter Guide for the Staying in Style forum
HiddenMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Trekker

The one time we were at WDW around Memorial Day, we checked in on the Wednesday prior and out on the Wednesday following. The Sunday and Monday, Memorial Day, had huge crowds (well at least it seemed that way to us since we usually travel at slower times) but by Tuesday and Wednesday the crowds were less.

Keri Madeira
MEI & Mouse Fan Travel, www.mousefantravel.com

My Countdown Counting down to: Thanksgiving at the Wilderness Lodge!
22 days, 3 hours, 54 minutes
MrsM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

I am happy to hear the crowds are less on Tues & Wed. We are flying down the Friday before Memorial Day and staying through the following Friday. I planned to do EPCOT on Memorial Day since it is so much larger. We are planning to do AK on Sunday...I hope this is a good decision!

Doing my 2 week away happy dance!!!!!
Kelli2Disney07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

We'll see you there, Kelli!

We went over Memorial Day weekend last year & it was just fine. Not "low crowds" by any stretch of the imagination, but it was very enjoyable!

My next trip to WDW: October 2011!

My Previous TripsPast Visits to Walt Disney World: [1972: Magic Kingdom, think we stayed at the Contemporary?] [1976: Magic Kingdom, to celebrate my birthday, stayed at Polynesian] [1981: Magic Kingdom, stayed at Golf Resort] [1984-1987: Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, too many day trips to count!] [Dec 1991: Magic Kingdom, day trip] [July 2002: Magic Kingdom, day trip] [May 2006: Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, MGM, stayed at Wilderness Lodge & fell in love with it!] [May 2007: MK, EPCOT, MGM, AK, Downtown Disney: stayed at WL][Jan 2008: surprised nephew for his 9th birthday, stayed at WL, loved it!][May 2008: stayed at WL, loved it!][May 2009: stayed at Kidani & loved it ... then stayed at Saratoga & hated it][Oct 2009: MNSSHP & F&WF, stayed at WL ... still lovin' it!][Dec 2009: MVMCP, stayed at CS, Kidani, BLT, & OKW][Nov 2010: Kidani][May 2011: WL, first trip with daughter, age 11 weeks]
Susanne is offline   Reply With Quote