Getting to Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue (HDDR) - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Planning Your Adventure: Your Plans for Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: Mouse Fan Travel™
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 08:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Getting to Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue (HDDR)

I'm so excited since we will be going to HDDR for the first time this August. The only thing I'm worried about is how to get there. We will probably be coming from BWV. What would be the best way to get there? Is it possible to take a cab there? Please help. Thanks.
Jared's Wish Upon A Star

The Third Time's The Charm TR-July 2010
My Countdown Counting down to: It's been way too long!!
Here we go......
My Previous TripsA few day trips when I was a child, CBR May 1997 (engaged), CBR June 2007 with our 2 boys, Pop Century August 2008 (10th Anniversary), Boardwalk & BLT in August 2011, Wilderness Lodge in June/July 2012
lissybri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Community Rank: Navigator

Concierge Level: 7
You can take a cab, or you could get to one of the parks, and then take the bus to Ft. Wilderness. You then (I think!) need to take the internal Ft. Wilderness bus to get back to HDDR. It isn't as bad as it sounds - we've done it a couple of times.
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisneyLand too many times to count; DisneyWorld: ('82; '94; '00; '04; '05; '08 - twice!; '10;'11 - twice; '13); DCL (all 4 ships): ('00, '05, '06, '10, '11, '13); DVC Hilton Head Resort :D ('06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13 - twice)
cubfancolleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 2
Depending on where you're going to be, if you're at the Magic Kingdom, the easiest thing to do is to catch the water launch to that heads directly over to Fort Wilderness as Pioneer Hall is a short walk from the boat dock. Another option is get yourself to either the Contemporary Resort or the Wilderness Lodge and catch the small resort launch that runs between the Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness because again, this will drop you at the boat dock which is a short walk away from pioneer hall. Then after the show is over you can catch the launch back to either of these to resorts to catch a cab back to your home resort.

Next trip: May 2014

Previous trip: too many to count
My Countdown Counting down to: Next stay at POP Century
My PassPorter Bookshelf
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:05 AM   #4 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 6
If you're at your hotel, go to DTD and get a bus to FW there. Here is a link to a map which shows where the bus stop is in relation to Pioneer Hall.

Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground Fact Sheet

My Previous TripsFirst WDW vacation in 1981 @Contemporary Resort followed by numerous trips through the years to Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Beach Club, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside & French Quarter,All Star Sports, Fort Wilderness Cabins, Saratoga Springs, Boardwalk, Disney Cruise in 1988, Bay Lake Tower and our beloved Home Resort Old Key West!
TinkWink57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trailblazer

We were at Animal Kingdom that day and were advised by a PP to take the bus to Mk and then the boat to FW. I liked that the dock was very close to Pioneer Hall. Very easy! We had never been to FW and I did not want to deal with their internal bus system. Afterward, a special bus picked us up and took us to Mk, I think, where we hopped on the bus to our resort. The show was great, you'll love it!

I write women's fiction and contemporary romance! www.stephaniehaefnerthewriter.com

And visit my Disney Blog too!
My Countdown Counting down to: Disneyland was fun, but we NEED some WDW!!
52 days, 9 hours, 6 minutes
My Previous Trips7/89- DL, 6/00- WDW Off Property, 12/05- ASMo, 1/07- Pop, 5/07- AS Sp, 10/08- POFQ, 10/09- Pop, 4/10- CSR, 12/10- ASMu, 3/11- ASMo, 11/12- AofA, 8/13- DLR, Upcoming trip: 9/14- ASMu.
SARH7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
Another option is get yourself to either the Contemporary Resort or the Wilderness Lodge and catch the small resort launch that runs between the Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness
Mystic!
Thank You for making that suggestion. We were also trying to figure out how we'd make our way to HDDR for our trip in May. We'll be at Epcot and planned to take the Monorail to MK and then the boat to FW. However, I was also trying to figure out some time during our trip to visit WL for a little walk-through...if we leave a little earlier from Epcot, we can take the bus to WL and do a little tour before taking the boat to WL. I can't believe I hadn't thought about that!

Countdown to April/May 2014 Boardwalk Inn.....3 Generations trip with my mom (first trip) and DS9 (fourth trip). DS's gonna show his Gramma the world!
My Countdown Counting down to: May 2011 POP/POLY Birthday Surprise Trip
Bummer! When I get home to read this....we'll be back from WDW!
My Previous TripsTrips with DS 2007 BC, 2009 YC, 2011 POP/POLY Universal/Epcot October 2003 Hard Rock, Universal March 2002 Hard Rock, WDW/Universal Honeymoon November 1999 Boardwalk Inn, 15+ DLR Trips since 1979
dizzparkmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzparkmom View Post
Mystic!
Thank You for making that suggestion. We were also trying to figure out how we'd make our way to HDDR for our trip in May. We'll be at Epcot and planned to take the Monorail to MK and then the boat to FW. However, I was also trying to figure out some time during our trip to visit WL for a little walk-through...if we leave a little earlier from Epcot, we can take the bus to WL and do a little tour before taking the boat to WL. I can't believe I hadn't thought about that!
You're more than welcome. Make sure though that you get on the right water launch. There are two that feed the WL and FW.

There is the larger "enclosed" water launches that run to the MK and the smaller open-sided resort launches. The larger MK launches used to run between WL and FW as well but that changed a few years ago and each resort got it's own dedicated MK launch.

Make sure you are getting on the smaller open-sided resort launch. This will get you over to FW without a problem. In the mornings, these launches usually run Contemporary, FW, WL, Contemporary and then after about 3pm they usually reverse the route and run Contemporary, WL, FW, Contemporary. This launch will usually be loading from the left hand side of the WL dock (the left hand side as you make your way down the dock from the Lodge, with the Lodge to your back). A word of warning though, depending on the time of year and what MK's operating hours are, make sure you ask where the launch is heading before you get in. If you're close to MK's closing time, these small launches can be pressed into service for helping to shuttle guests out of MK and back to WL and FW. So ask before boarding and make sure it's a resort launch. Don't worry if it's heading to the Contemporary first, hop on and enjoy the ride and see if you can spot one of WDW's biggest Hidden Mickey's (it's not even a Mickey). The Wilderness Lodge's Hidden Bear! (Look for it in the Lodge Building itself ).

P.S. Strollers must be broken down to ride the resort launches and ECVs and Wheelchairs are not permitted on the resort launches as they are not designed to accommodate them.

Next trip: May 2014

Previous trip: too many to count
My Countdown Counting down to: Next stay at POP Century
My PassPorter Bookshelf
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

I'd take a cab and eliminate the time factor / stress. It's about $15
My Previous Trips2013 BC, 2013 GF, 2012 BC, 2012 OKW, 2012 BWI, 2011 BWI, 2011 BC, 2010 BC, 2010 CSR, 2010 Kidani, 2009 GCV, 2009 BC, 2008 BWV, 2008 Grand Californian, 2008 BC, 2007 BWI, 2007 POFQ, 2007 Grand Californian, 2006 BC, 2006 POR, 2006 WL, 2005 BC, 2005 BWI, 2005 CBR, 2004 CR, 2005 Poly, 2004 GF, 2004 POFQ 2004 Poly, 2003 Poly, 2003 CSR, 2003 POR, 2002 AKL, 2002 GF, 2001 AKL, 2001 Poly, 2000 CBR, 1999 CBR, 1998 ASMo, 1997 ASMu, 1996 ASMu, 1995 ASSp, 1991 Wyndham, 1989 off site, 1985 Off Site
jimmymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:49 AM   #9 (permalink)

I will definitely be taking a cab. Would it drop me directly at FW? Thanks.
Jared's Wish Upon A Star

The Third Time's The Charm TR-July 2010
My Countdown Counting down to: It's been way too long!!
Here we go......
My Previous TripsA few day trips when I was a child, CBR May 1997 (engaged), CBR June 2007 with our 2 boys, Pop Century August 2008 (10th Anniversary), Boardwalk & BLT in August 2011, Wilderness Lodge in June/July 2012
lissybri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:52 AM   #10 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 3
I'd go to Magic Kingdom...and catch a water launch to Fort Wilderness!!!

Partying with the Parrs December 5, 2015:
My Countdown Counting down to: Jay's 8th Birthday Surprise to Carsland - Disneyland
Cheeser is busy...surprising Jaydon with a trip to Disneyland!!!
My Previous Trips2014 WDW/Dream Cruise with the Lewis/Gibbs Family ,2013 Fantasy Cruise to San Juan, 2012 August Summer WDW Heat, 2012 Dream Cruise and WDW Extravaganza, MNSSHP, Sept 2011 with DH, Wolfhunt and Puzzlewoman. March 2011 Hellcation with the in-laws. Don't ask. Let's just say that the trip ended with someone in the hospital! September 2010 with DH, Wolfhunt and Puzzlewoman, April 2010 with DH and the Kids, Feb 2007 with Maleficent an 17 mos DS. and a million times before, seriously almost!
Cheeser is offline   Reply With Quote