September 2012 ... and I am OK with it!
About This Page: This is a discussion on September 2012 ... and I am OK with it! within the Planning Your Adventure: Your Plans for Walt Disney World, part of the PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel; So I haven't been posting on here in awhile, because I have been so bummed with having to postpone our ...
Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.
To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.
So I haven't been posting on here in awhile, because I have been so bummed with having to postpone our first ever WDW trip from September of this year
A recap on why were are postponing:
1) money (or lack of)
2) DH just started a new job, and we didn't think it was wise to take two weeks of in a row so soon - and I certainly wasn't going to make my trip any shorter
The reasons that I am OK with it now are:
1) the Fantasyland expansion will be finished
2) the new Value resort should be open (crossing fingers)
3) Legoland was going to open after we left this year (I know it's not Disney, but with a family of boys I think it would be fun!) so now we can make plans to go there!
4) Youngest DS will be a year older - he will be 5
5) I will have just turned 40 (not really sure this is a good point)
So ... keeping these points in mind, helps me sleep at night without crying myself to sleep
So here I am 493 days out, but find myself wanting to plan again
I have not officially called in to cancel my plans yet ... any suggestions of how or what to do about this? I know I will just have to hope that they come out with the free dining again ... it will save us tons of money.
We were thinking of going maybe in the spring of 2012 instead, but I really had my heart set on low crowds, warm enough weather to swim and even MNNSHP.
I would love to hear what other peoples comments are on another quiet time to go with good weather, otherwise I will hold off until September.
So, hopefully I will be on here more, asking questions and enjoying Disney through all the Trip Reports ...... I will get to write my own ....... eventually
Sorry to hear you have to cancell this year. I would call now and look into having what you allready paid being credited as an initial payment for next year.
I am sure you know that any promotional offers will be discussed on these boards and Disney does tout them on their own website so you just need to keep your eyes open. I even know of one person who was supposed to go last year on a bounceback offer and when they had to cancell she asked if they would honor it this year and was told yes.
So sometimes all you need to do is ask
Sorry to hear you have to postpone your trip...We have always gone in the fall except for this upcoming trip. We were disappointed when we couldn't go last year because DH is in Nursing School and we couldn't have him miss his clinical days. We are leaving next friday for our trip and a little worried that it will be crazy with kids all getting out of school, but since he starts back to school June 6th so our window of opportunity was small.
If you decide you decide to wait and go in the fall it will still be nice and hot, a little bit less of a crowd and there is the Halloween Party that is SUPER fun-we have done it every time we could and it is so neat to see the park decorated and the parade is so cool...we have so many great pictures from the parties! AND you can go Trick-or-Treating!!!!! Who doesn't love that??
The trip postponed is the best trip there is (sort of)! First time since we (okay I DW already was) became Mouse heads we have to wait more than 6 months to return. Was really bummed for a while, but I feel it everyday right now! This trip will be over the top to make up for it, and will be appreciated even more for the wait! Keep your head and remember how much more rewarding it will be.
I am also thinking of keeping the trip secret this time (boys were a little disappointed in having to cancel) ... I think surprising them would be fun! Now all I have to do is learn to keep my mouth shut .... easier said than done
Sorry you have to postpone, but your list of reasons is sound, and you're doing the right thing to look on the bright side.
I think you might be better holding off until Sept 2012. It will meet your weather/crowd preferences. And I've heard May 2012 for the new Art of Animation resort, so "spring 2012" may miss it. The Fantasyland project seems to have rolling completion dates -- the later you go, the more will be done.
Last edited by Carousel96; 05-20-2011 at 01:24 PM..
I like the way you think! The list of positives far outweight the negatives (which were not all that negative...new job...a positive!). So, it is not a canceled trip, just delayed! And with much to look forward to!
We have been in September 4 times over the years and it is the best time of year to go - warm and low crowds! And Free Dining is often available!
This year we are going in May (Spring) and will have to report back how that goes. We are expecting larger crowds than we are used to in September. Oh well! It is Disney!
"Disneyland has that thing - the imagination and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." --Walt Disney
Sorry you had to cancel your trip--we've had to do that in the past ourselves and it isn't easy, but planning for the next date will help make up for it! I would go later in the year, too, for all of the reasons mentioned above. My family had been hoping to return early next year, but financially that would be difficult, so we're considering fall/winter 2012-2013 ourselves. Right now it seems so far away, but coming here and to other Disney websites helps a lot! Keep your positive attitude and have fun planning!
I'm sorry you've had to postpone your trip. Your reasons are all valid though and you will be planning for it soon. If you've already made a reservation, and have money on it, you should be able to just change the dates. I am sure you'll enjoy WDW in September!!! have fun with the upcoming planning.