Bounce Back $$$ ??? - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Planning Your Adventure: Your Plans for Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: Mouse Fan Travel™
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2011, 09:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Tourist

Bounce Back $$$ ???

What kind of discounts or deals do they offer with bounce back promos?
Is there a certain window they offer it for?
Do they let you put a deposit down for a bounce back or does it have to be paid then & there?
How long do they give you to decide? and have it paid for?
Do they offer any extras with bounce backs?
Are they "pushy" trying to sell these throughout our trip?
Are the bounce backs just for park tickets or vacation packages also?
ohmygawshimgoingtodisneyworld! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Eileeeeeeen!™
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Legend

Concierge Level: 6
It's usually somewhere between 20-40% off the room rate.

You need to put down the standard $200 deposit, with the remainder due at 45-days out from check-in.

You have to book the reservation before you check-out from this vacation.

No other extras usually, just the room discount. Sometimes they throw in a picture or some other incentive...

They are not pushy -- other than a brochure in the room, and a desk in the lobby (and they don't approach you about it.) You need to go up and ask about a bounceback.

It is on a vacation package, which includes room and tickets.

Eileen
PassPorter guide for Feasting and Snacking: The Eateries and Planning Your Adventure: Your Plans
My Previous TripsSometime in the 70's with mom; 1990 honeymoon; 1994 trip with brother; 2002 Dec - POFQ; 2003 May - ASMovies; 2003 Oct - ASMovies; 2004 May - Pop; 2004 Sept - AKL; 2004 Nov - PORiverside; 2005 May - Grand Gathering #1; 2005 Dec - Mousefest w/Karen; 2006 March - DLR w/Karen; 2006 June - Beach Club w/Karen; 2006 Dec - Grand Gathering #2; 2007 Feb DLR Girls Trip; 2007 Dec - Appetizer trip/Mousfest w/CLT; 2008 Jun - CLT+2 meet the Koenigs; 2008 Dec - CLQ Broken Ankle Tribute; 2009 Mar - Unclenching at POFQ!; 2009 June - Sweating with Friends; 2009 Dec - Sousefest09; 2011 Dec - 3 to a bed; 2012 Jul - Even Eileen! (DLR)
Caldercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Passenger

We had a free dining offer once too.
Capturethelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Eileeeeeeen!™
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capturethelight View Post
We had a free dining offer once too.
But was that because Free Dining was being offered during the timeframe of the vacation you were booking? As in, people who were there during FD in September 2009, were offered bouncebacks and it just happened to be during FD for 2010. I'm not sure they got much of a room discount, though....

Did you get a discount on the room with your free dining?

Eileen
PassPorter guide for Feasting and Snacking: The Eateries and Planning Your Adventure: Your Plans
My Previous TripsSometime in the 70's with mom; 1990 honeymoon; 1994 trip with brother; 2002 Dec - POFQ; 2003 May - ASMovies; 2003 Oct - ASMovies; 2004 May - Pop; 2004 Sept - AKL; 2004 Nov - PORiverside; 2005 May - Grand Gathering #1; 2005 Dec - Mousefest w/Karen; 2006 March - DLR w/Karen; 2006 June - Beach Club w/Karen; 2006 Dec - Grand Gathering #2; 2007 Feb DLR Girls Trip; 2007 Dec - Appetizer trip/Mousfest w/CLT; 2008 Jun - CLT+2 meet the Koenigs; 2008 Dec - CLQ Broken Ankle Tribute; 2009 Mar - Unclenching at POFQ!; 2009 June - Sweating with Friends; 2009 Dec - Sousefest09; 2011 Dec - 3 to a bed; 2012 Jul - Even Eileen! (DLR)
Caldercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Trekker

look for the "bounceback" in your room, it's usually on the desk or nightstand....recently it's been a clock with the White Rabbit from Alice and Wonderland on it. When you see this GRAB IT AND DO NOT LOSE IT. It has information you need on it and they're VERY serious about you booing before you leave in order to get the discount. You can't leave and call a week later to get that "bounceback" discount.
Twitter: pixiemichele
Blog:http://thatdisneychick.com
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW TRIPS: First trip in 1987 (I was 4 years old!) Sept. 2007-POR, Jan 2008-Poly, Engaged at the Castle (Nov 2009), Honeymooned on the Disney Magic (Sept. 2009), July 2009-CSR, September 2009-Poly, July 2010-CSR, Nov 2010-Poly, DL-Feb 2010 (DL Hotel) & April 2010. DCL Sept 2009 (Magic-Western Caribbean) Nov 2010 (Disney Wonder-Bahamian) February 2011 (Wonder-Mexican Riviera)
PixieMichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

We've booked room discounts twice this way. One year it was 20% and another year it was 25% for our value resort. Moderate and deluxe resorts tend to have higher discounts. I just called the number on the flyer during one of our rest periods, gave the required information along with my card information for the deposit, and that was it. They do ask if you want to buy tickets or DP, but they are not pushy about it.

Nik & his favorite guy Goofy at DHS Osborne Lights
Sandra in Northern VA
My Countdown Counting down to: Our next stay at All Star Music with free dining!
107 days, 20 hours, 18 minutes
My Previous TripsOff-site 1973, 1975, 1984, 1985, 1988. All Star Music 2001-2012; Swan 2011. All Star Movies 2013.
yalibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

I was there in March and got the white rabbit brochure that listed bounceback discounts and dates. I called and booked from my room, paying a deposit of $200, I think it was. I got a room discount, although I added DDP and park tickets. Then I had my reservation and paid for the rest of it in the normal way. Good luck!

Upcoming trips: early March 2014 - Beach Club; late March 2014 - Saratoga Springs; April 2014 - Eastern Caribbean Cruise on the Fantasy
My Previous TripsOctober 2013 Villas at Grand Floridian; May 2013 Grand Floridian; Feb 2013 Boardwalk Villas; Dec 2012 Beach Club Villas; May 2012 Boardwalk Inn; January 2012 Animal Kingdom Villas; December 2011, Bay Lake Tower; October 2011, Contemporary Resort; March 2011, Beach Club; Oct. 2010, Animal Kingdom Villas and Bay Lake Tower; Oct. 2009 Grand Floridian; April 2009 Boardwalk Villas; Dec. 2008 Boardwalk Inn; Feb. 2008 Boardwalk Inn; Dec. 2007 Polynesian; Dec. 2006 Beach Club; Feb. 1998 Yacht Club
julieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

Last December the bounce back offer was for free dining for dates through out most of this year. Since we were NOT planning on returning this year, we did not book it.

This year, we are already planning our dates for our bounceback!

Nini
My PassPorter Bookshelf
QuiltsbyNini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 4
Right now it is freed dining...I wanted the 40% off like I have but since I am going during a time that FD is offered I will have that in my room when I go next week
I really wanted that 40% off...I guess I will book FD and hopefully get another pin code for next year. I can dream can't I

My Countdown Counting down to: Swimming at SAB!
Enjoying SAB...Oh Yeah and Disney too!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips88-93 Off site, '94 On site FWCabins '05 DL Off Site, '06 POR, '08 POR, '10 CBR...pirate rooms, '11 YC CL Next up...2013 POR-Royal rooms!!!!
doccoc2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Community Rank: Scout

Concierge Level: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by doccoc2002 View Post
Right now it is freed dining...I wanted the 40% off like I have but since I am going during a time that FD is offered I will have that in my room when I go next week
I really wanted that 40% off...I guess I will book FD and hopefully get another pin code for next year. I can dream can't I
When we were there in August the room discount Bounceback offer was on the table when we checked in and stayed there the whole time. On our last day there was another offer for the Free Dining Bounceback if we returned during the same time period next year. Hopefully you'll have the choice of offers as well!

Lisa - Travel Consultant affiliated with MouseEarVacations and CruisingCo.com
https://www.facebook.com/LisaScrimge..._type=bookmark
My Countdown Counting down to: Alyssa comes home.
2 days, 5 hours, 18 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips2014 Dolphin Resort, 2013 Pop Century, 2012 Pop Century, 2011 Pop Century, Offsite with 1 day at Epcot 2010, Pop, Swan & WL 2008, POFQ 2007, WL 2004, WL 2002, WL 2001, CBR 2000, CBR 1999.
BelmontBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 2
We had the BB offer in our POR room this Aug, for free dining for 2012, and we booked Aug 2012. This was the first time I got a BB for next year. In the past the BB offer always ended in Dec. of that year.
Also the first time I got a free dining BB, in the past it's been room discounts.
My Previous TripsWDW Aug 2003 LBV Marriott Courtyard, Universal/Sea World/Busch Gardens Aug 2005 Hilton Garden Inn SeaWorld, WDW Aug. 2007 CBR, WDW Jan. 2008 POP & WL, Universal/SeaWorld/Aquatica Aug 2008 Hyatt Place,Sheraton 4 Points, Hard Rock Hotel & Doubletree Universal., St. Pete Beach Aug 2008, WDW Jan 2009 AKL, WDW Aug 2009 POR & WL, WDW Jan 2010 Poly, WDW Jan 2011 POR, WDW Aug 2011 POR & BC CL, WDW Jan 2012 WL, WDW Aug 2012 AKL CL, WDW Jan 2013 POFQ, WDW Aug 2013 Pop, GF, YC: WDW Jan 2014 POR, And too many trips to count to DL in the 80's.
Sue M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

I am a bit confused now, (so what is new?). I have a couple of friends that just got back, same trip dates, same resort, and they each got a different bounceback offer in their room.

I have never actually taken advantage of a bounceback, but am planning on it this trip. How do they know which one is valid...I mean do they have a number or something on the flyer that can tell them which one you are supposed to have?

For us, after this trip we will be 4 Disney adults, so the free dining is a better deal than a room % off. I have also had a room % off flyer at the beginning and a free dining one at the end of a trip, but when you call that special phone number before you check out, how does Disney know which one I am supposed to get?

Nini
My PassPorter Bookshelf
QuiltsbyNini is offline   Reply With Quote