Planning a trip for newbies! - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Planning Your Adventure: Your Plans for Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: Mouse Fan Travel™
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 09:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Planning a trip for newbies!

Okay, so we (me, dh, ds 4 1/2, dd 8 mnths and my parents) are regulars at Disney, and even own DVC now. Our next trip is Sept 2013. I just plan our meals and we know what we like to do and just sort of relax and stroll thru the parks. Since we are there so often we don't try to do every single thing. Now this trip will be different. My cousin, her husband, 4 year old daughter and her parents are coming along. It is basically like the first trip to disney for them. My cousin and her husband were each down at kids but only once. So here I am planner extroidinare. We are using our dvc points to try for 2 two bedroom villas at beach club which I will handle. I have touched base with them about the restaurants and we plan to meet on the 16th to come up with a list of the places that I will try for when we reach our 180 day mark. We have also talked about the guys doing the fishing excursion and the girls doing afternoon tea. This is a pretty special trip because my mom will get to spend it with her oldest brother who is the only one out of her 5 siblings, she has never been to disney with. With that being said, I guess what I am looking for is some ideas on how to make this fun for them, not just the trip itself, since we always have fun once we are there, but the planning too. What are some things that I could do or have for when we meet on the 16th. I was thinking that I need to print out some of the restaurant info. I don't know if I have time, but it would be neat to make them a countdown that contains alot of info, things that they probably wouldn't know and that would make the trip even more interesting. Any ideas?

Sammy 5 years and Peyton 15 months - September 2013

poohbr2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 6
Very excited for you. Sounds like a lot of fun. The fun fact countdown sounds like a great idea and if you don't have time to get it together 100% by the 16th maybe you could break it down in stages. Before my last trip with dbff I sent daily emails with countdown (only about 30 days out though) and some fun facts or photos of places we would eat or visit. Have fun planning!!

Debi
My Countdown Counting down to: Just me and my honey!
Hooray!! We're finally here!!
My Previous TripsWDW 1970's w/ parents offsite, WDW 1998 Dixie Landings, WDW 2002 CBR, WDW 2005 POP honeymoon, gg AKV 2010, SSR March 2011, AKV August 2011, CSR April 2012, DCL Magic August 2012, AKV July 2013, POP Sept 2013
debic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:03 AM   #3 (permalink)

that is a great idea, maybe once we finalize where we will be eating and everything, I can use that in the fun facts as well and create a countdown that I can give them at a later date. On our last trip we had a couple go with us that hadn't been in over 20 years. When we met with them to go over dining and stuff, I had printed out the menues for the places that we had talked about, as well as a rough schedule of each day and what adr's I had already made (since it was closer to the trip). I also had the park hours. I am usually pretty creative but I just can't seem to think of how to provide all of that info without having this stack of stapled menues!

Sammy 5 years and Peyton 15 months - September 2013

poohbr2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #4 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 5
Great that you are getting EVERYBODY together for this trip I would recommend getting all families their own copy of PP so if somebody wants to have a day for just their crew well they can have ideas on how to do it.
BTW I work in NC county live outside of Smyrna where are you ?
My Countdown Counting down to: HEATHENS IN THE FORT
132 days, 8 hours, 49 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsFt. Wilderness Oct 88/90/91/95/96/Sep2011 AKL Nov 2013 Ft Wilderness Nov/Dec 2013
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

The passporter has such good info on the resort and the park rides, they could check out what rides are most important to get on so you have an idea where to head when you hit the parks. Kinda like ok if most want to ride the same ride head there first. What kind of shopping do they enjoy check out the store listings of course a major attraction is where are all the bathrooms. I can remember one trip Hubby and I went on I swear we hit every bathroom in every park that trip, and with the Grandkids the quicker you know where they are the better. Hope you can get the reservations you want and it is great to be able to walk to Epcot. Have a great time planning and a wonderful trip. We go in Aug and I have already started to gather stuff for the trip. Have the Grandkids new tooth brushes and paste, just took GD for some summer clothes so got 4 sets to put away for the trip. The boys are much easier to buy for they really dont care much what they wear so not so hard shopping for them. Maybe you could also do something cloths wise a theme shirt or something like that.
My Previous TripsHRP 90, 93,95,97,98,2001 ALL AT CB, 2002-WL. In 2003 WL,CB, CS 2004 CB,WL 2005 CB,BC/WL ,2006 PC,WL,PC, 2007 FW, PC, 2008-PC , SS, PC. 2009 Poly. PC ,WLV. 2010 PC,AKL. 2011 & 2013 WLV-.2014 WLV
Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:37 AM   #6 (permalink)

I like all these ideas above -especially the t-shirt idea. One time my daughter planned out her wardrobe to match the events-like she wore an animal shirt to AK, and the pics turned out so well. It sounds like a great opportunity for a fab photo-pass too-a bunch of people and bunches of photos makes the total overall cost easier for me to handle, and perhaps you could split the cost! The first time we went, I made index cards for my family to describe the ride and put them in order of what we would tour for what day. They were excited about reading the 'backstory' before each ride. And if you are like I am it would be a fun way for you to help them plan.
My Previous TripsDec 96-CBR, June 2000- YC (Post Card), Aug 2003- AKL, Easter 2007-Poly, October 2009- Pop Century (Audition), DCP cut short :-( Feb & March 2010, All Star Sports (convention) Nov 2011, Aug 2012 YC, WL-CL May/June 2013
Kelly66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

We had a planning night once I booked our last trip with Minnie Mouse paper plates, napkins, and cups... AND polka dot balloons scattered all over the down stairs to match Minnie's attire. My girls were surprised and loved it... Created excitement and made a fun memory. I booked at 54 days out and we are now 36 days out... Each day I send a fun text to both teenage girls and my husband declaring the number of Days to Disney and state that we will soon be on our way to _____. Filling in the blank with something different each day to keep the anticipation and excitement going.

So happy that all of you will have this special vacation together to make last memories. And I think your efforts to make the planning fun will just add to the excitement of it all!

kim
My Previous TripsWDW May 1989 (Honeymoon ~ offsite), WDW July 2003 (All-Star Music with our 5 & 8 year old girls), WDW July 2009 (POP with our 11 & 14 year old girls, WDW July 2010 (POP again with our 12 & 15 year old girls, WDW March 2013 (with our 15 & 18 year old teens), Will soon stay at POR for 10 days in July 2014
Miss Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote