Been there before drawbacks - Page 2 - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Planning Your Adventure: Your Plans for Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: Mouse Fan Travel™
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #16 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 6
I feel your pain.......lol. We keep extending our stay each time. This fall will be trip #4 for us. First time we was only there 3 days, the second time we was there 5 days and got to see Universal Studios as well. The 3rd time we stayed a week because they was having that deal pay for 4 nights get three free. Man do I wish they'd bring that back! Anyhow every trip we have certain things we can't miss and are always trying to find something "new" as well. As of now we're planning on a week long stay, but hubby says if we get a good deal on flight tickets maybe we'll either stay a few extra nights or upgrade to moderate......since we've only ever stayed in the value resorts. Happy planning!!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW May 2007 WDW, SeaWorld, & Universal Studios March 2008 WDW & Universal Studios, April 2009 Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Va 2011
juliek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by llgmommy2 View Post
I know your pain. We leave in just a few months and I tried to make all of a ADRs new or places that we have not been for a few years. We shall see how it goes. Good luck in planning.

Like I said we leave in May and I also live in St Louis so if there is anything I can bring you back to make your planning easier please, let me know.
Hiya, neighbor!

So kind of you to offer. As we say out here in the boonies, "That's real neighborly of ya."

Naw, the only things we really need are the 2013 PassPorter refill and more MONEY. If you're handing out any of the green stuff, we must chat (but I have a feeling any extra you have is going to Disney in a few months, am I right?)
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW Nov. 2013--GF; WDW January 2010--GF; WDW July 2004--CR Tower/ DH to WDW several times in the 1970's & 1984, Me DL 1969.
Her Dotness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:36 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M. View Post
It's never enough, lol. How long is your trip?
We've booked five whole days but could add a few more if hubby's union doesn't strike. < sigh > Contract renewal coming up soon which is always a worry until they get something signed.

Hubby took two weeks at Thanksgiving, the week before for Disney and Turkey week in case we run into any bad weather or can arrange to visit some relatives in Atlanta on our way home.

We're seriously thinking about adding several more days or maybe going to check out Harry Potterland which we've not seen yet. And we're both HUGE HP fans.
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW Nov. 2013--GF; WDW January 2010--GF; WDW July 2004--CR Tower/ DH to WDW several times in the 1970's & 1984, Me DL 1969.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:54 PM   #19 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

The Grandkids have their favorite rides we need to do, not really sure if we will be doing any new things, waterparks we have not done for a few years, with the Grandkids it just isnt worth it, plus there is so much else to do that we have not done WP's. taking the little ones not sure what they will like since they were only babies and are only 2 & 3 on this trip. The older ones already have put in what is important to them, and us adults are juggling who is going to ride what with whom. I wont do RRR. and hubby wont do TT, It is funny 2 of them like TT, the other 2 everest. They have not done RRR and hubby hasnt tried it, but wants to so really RRR will be new for them, me never again once and done thing for me.
My Previous TripsHRP 90, 93,95,97,98,2001 ALL AT CB, 2002-WL. In 2003 WL,CB, CS 2004 CB,WL 2005 CB,BC/WL ,2006 PC,WL,PC, 2007 FW, PC, 2008-PC , SS, PC. 2009 Poly. PC ,WLV. 2010 PC,AKL. 2011 & 2013 WL.
Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

We always have our old favorites and pick at least one or two new things to do each visit. This year, we will try mini golf and Be Our Guest. DD9 wants Sci Fi for her bday, so that is an old favorite. Last year, I went alone with someone who had never been. This year, the kids haven't gone in 2 years so are pumped to go again.
mawmaw to 3 beautiful granddaughters: 5, 3, 1 and #4 due in February
16 trips to WDW
My Countdown Counting down to: Finally back to Disney!!!
On our way!!!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips1978, 1982, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1997, ASMu 1998, 2000, FW 2004, FW 2006, FW 2006, FW 2008, FW 2010, SoG 2011, CB 2012, POR 2013
mamaloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaloya View Post
This year, the kids haven't gone in 2 years so are pumped to go again.
That's why we don't even think of going back unless it's been a few years. That way, we're just about as excited as first-timers.
My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 02-13-2013, 06:20 PM   #22 (permalink)
Community Rank: Navigator

Yep, you are right on the money... but isn't it a wonderful dilemma, since it keeps us going back!

We've been to WDW a lot (double digits), but there are still many restaurants we haven't tried! So I let the fam pick a few favorites each trip, and we always try at least one new place to keep things interesting. This past trip we tried BOG, Chefs de France and 50's Prime Time. We absolutely LOVED BOG... and will be returning this year. We also had a delicious lunch at Chefs de France and plan to try it for dinner some time. Prime Time was a clunker for us, so that's at least one we can cross off the list.

Enjoy your planning... and the "problem." No better reason to plan another trip!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #23 (permalink)

Multiple trips to WDW reminds me of the saying, "make new friends, but keep the old."

I want to do so much new stuff, especially restaurants, but I can't skip my old faves!

So yes, the trips get longer!
JoeEpcotRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:28 PM   #24 (permalink)
Community Rank: Wayfarer

We did 21 nights on our last trip and feel like we did nothing. Although we did go to the beach for the day oh yea and got married we came away feeling like we wanted more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tishypops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaloya View Post
We always have our old favorites and pick at least one or two new things to do each visit. This year, we will try mini golf and Be Our Guest. DD9 wants Sci Fi for her bday, so that is an old favorite. Last year, I went alone with someone who had never been. This year, the kids haven't gone in 2 years so are pumped to go again.
Having done all three of the mini-golf courses (Fantasia Gardens and both at WinterSummerland), I highly recommend Fantasia Gardens!

The grounds are beautiful and I love that everything was taken from Fantasia. The Winter and Summer courses are both very cute, but didn't feel like much of a variety. Seeing one Santa in swim trunks was enough for me!

The only restaurant we always include is the Crystal Palace, for breakfast. We pick out one or two new ones each trip, then prioritize old favorites and see what ADRs will fit with our plans.

No matter how many days we stay, we always hit each of the four parks and have had at least one "must do" for each:
MK: WDW Railroad, Buzz's Space Ranger Spin, Monsters Inc Comedy Club, Mickey's Philharmagic;

EP: Spaceship Earth and Figment; Soarin' and TT depend on FP availability and EMHs;

HS: Toy Story Mania, RRR (used to be "Millionaire"; once it was gone, we didn't have a "must" until TSM, and then rode RRR for the first time in 2010!);

AK: Safari, Expedition Everest (didn't get on the first year it was open but haven't missed at least one ride each visit since). The Lion King show was on this list, but it has "gone dark" now (sigh!)
These leave lots of time to fit in other rides/shows each trip, and this time of year there are so many beautiful topiaries to photograph . . . always pins to trade . . . characters to greet . . . I just remind myself "I'll be back!"

Only sixteen more days!!!

P.S. After my first visit with my in-laws in 2004, we bought into DVC and I love planning our trips each year. They have varied from four days to nine, some more laid-back then others.

WDW 6/14 Extended Family Trip!
NEDisneyFans on the DIS Boards
My Previous TripsWDW 3/13, WDW 3/12, DLR 10/11, WDW 6/10, WDW 6/09, 1/09, DLR 4/08, WDW 2/07, DCL Magic 10/06, WDW 3/06, WDW 2/05, WDW 5/04
aligalreilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:29 PM   #26 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 7
I have been 12 times. We never get bored because not only s disney always changing, but our kids age and we have new ones lol so it's always a new experience for someone

J.M.J.

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsShane Alaina Winters DH ME DD19 DD13 DD13 DS12 DD8 DD4 DS 2 DD1 1985-offsite,1987-offsite,2002-contemporary,2003-offsite,2005-Pop Century,2006-Coronado Springs, 2007-CS, 2008 ASSports, 2010-ASMusic, 2012-ASMovies
shanealaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #27 (permalink)
Community Rank: Visitor

I have been going once a year every year for the last 5 years. My trips have ranged from 6 to 14 days. When I was there this December it is the first time that I left feeling like I didn't have time to see everything I wanted/planned. With all the new attractions in New Fantasyland, the new Test Track, the new Pirates attraction at Hollywood Studios as well as seeing all the holiday decorations I just couldn't fit everything in. Part of the issue was that it was just me and my 2 year old son for 5 of the days. I wasn't able to see the new Pirates attraction and also was not able to get on RNR or Tower of Terror. I ttok a day and toured the holiday decorations at the resorts but then didn't have the time I usually enjoy to walk around Downtown Disney. But I am already planning my next trip and looking at the possibility of slipping in a solo trip before that.
GoofyMB is offline   Reply With Quote