Birthday Celebration Ideas for Cruise - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Disney Cruise Line > Planning Your Disney Cruise Voyage
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: MouseEarVacations.com
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2007, 03:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Visitor

Birthday Celebration Ideas for Cruise

My family and I will be taking our first disney cruise (3day) at the end of September....and we are soooo excited! While we are on the cruise we will be celebrating my sons 8th birthday. I have been reading about gift ideas from disney and the perfect gift lady, and those are good, but I would like to hear about different ideas....decorate the door in a special way, decorate the stateroom...ect.
I want to make it more of a 3 day celebration for him! After all, what better birthday gift could a child have than celebrating his/her birthday with Mickey!
I really appreciate it.
Mickey3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

We celebrated our birthdays on our Disney cruise. (gee I forgot to mention that in the cruise report!). Tell your travel agent or DCL (whoever you booked thru) to note on your reservation that you will be celebrating his birthday. They will bring a (GIGANTIC) piece of yummy cake with a chocolate screened onto white chocolate ship on top of it and sing. (If you PM Me with your email addy I'll even email you a picture of it if you'd like).

As far as other ideas.... I know at WDW they had buttons that you could get from the hotel front desk if it was your bday and every disney castmate was trained to wish you a happy bday. it even had your name on it so they would say to me "Happy Birthday Angie!"... I got wished happy bday by about 3 disney people before my own family remembered to say something. Apparently they can't read buttons Perhaps DCL has those buttons too-another question to ask them at the reservations line.

I have always liked doing lots of "little" things for people for their birthday. hiding little treats in the cabin (maybe get the room steward involved in helping you), throughout the day/ trip. Maybe even plan a scavenger hunt or treasure hunt. (I could try to give you some clue ideas since we were just on the Wonder in May. Again PM Me). mmmm.... at Castaway Cay maybe you could get the guy that emcees the crab races and some other fun stuff at the gazebo to mention the bday?

Hope that gets your creative juices at least flowing. Good luck!

Wife, mommy, DVC owner (baylake), and disney nut!

Stop by my blog for a visit! Click HERE
My Previous TripsFirst trip as DVC Owners to Bay Lake Tower-May 2010, One day MK and Disney Magic Western 2009, WDW and Disney Wonder in May 2007 (first trip with dd), WDW in May 2003 and May 2001 (as well as several visits in my "pre-marriage" days).
abcangie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Visitor

Hi Angie,
(we have been out of town so I apologize for not getting back to you sooner)
Thanks so much for the great ideas! I have written them down in my son's birthday idea folder! I am new to this board and not familiar with all the lingo yet, can you tell me what PM means? Would love to continue to talk with you about your trip and have you email me a picture of the birthday cake....sounds yummy! Kerry
Mickey3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Community Rank: Navigator

Hi Kerry!

PM stands for Private Message, where you can send an answer or question directly to a message board member. Here's a link to some common abbreviations - http://www.passporterboards.com/foru...faq_shorthands

Regarding a birthday celebration on board: first off, when you board the ship they ask for your name(s) and any celebrations. Start your cruise off by having them announce that it's your son's birthday!

Birthday / special occasion buttons are available from guest services. After you board the ship, walk over to the guest services desk (it's right in the lobby where you board) and ask for one (or two as I lost one due to a bent pin ).

Make a sign for your door - feel free to decorate the door but just remember that you can't use tape - only magnets (as it's a metal door). There is also a birthday celebration package available from DCL but you could put together something on your own. Disney Cruise Line® - Stateroom Celebrations

We've decorated our stateroom with miniature lights - plug them into the outlet at the desk and drape them around the mirror. Oriental Trading Company sells lots of fun birthday decorations like banners, inflatable cakes, etc.

Lastly, make sure you mention the upcoming birthday to your servers. Even if it's mentioned on your reservation, it's helpful to remind them and let the head server know (they'll make their way around usually the first night to ask about any special celebrations). You could let your stateroom host know too (although if you decorate the door they'll probably figure it out!)

Have fun and welcome to the boards!

Yes, I am a Disney Addict... and I'd rather be cruising!.
My Countdown Counting down to: Megan's Suite-16th surprise birthday cruise!
Ahoy, Mickey!
My Previous TripsAug 97, Inaguaral DCL 1998, Sept 98, Aug 02, Dec 03, May 04, Jul 07, Aug 04, Nov 04, May 05, WDW & DCL Dec 05, May 06, Jul 06, Oct 06, DCL Mar 07, WDW & DCL May 07, Dec 07, DL & DCL EB Panama Aug 08, non-DCL Dec 08, Aug 09, DCL Jan 10
OffKilter_Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Community Rank: Day-Tripper

Concierge Level: 6
My son turned 6 on the day of embarkation. I made him a birthday t-shirt, which Mickey saw and gave him extra hugs, which was great. He was the first character we saw when we boarded, he was up a level in the atrium, and we had him all to ourselves which was fantastic! All the characters and CM's we interacted with made a fuss. At dinner our servers knew about the birthday, and my son got a cake and a big button badge. Plus lots of fuss from our servers too! He also got a card from the CM's at the kid's club.

I bought some extra decorations for our stateroom, and I had also purchased one of the sail away celebration packages, so we had lots more cake and decorations. I was able to get to our room first and put out his presents (I bought a couple with us for him to open) plus all the cards from family and friends, which we kept up all week. His present was pretty large unfortuantly (a pirate ship) but it was what he wanted most, so I managed to pack around it! I would recommend bringing along maybe one or two presents, but no more. My son was happy to know he still had more waiting for him at home.

I was a little worried that it would all be a bit of an anti-climax for him, as his birthday was on the day we set sail, but it turned out great.
ReggieB is offline   Reply With Quote