Tropical Rain Forest Pass? - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Disney Cruise Line > Planning Your Disney Cruise Voyage
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: MouseEarVacations.com
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2007, 10:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Princess Dreamer

Concierge Level: 7
Tropical Rain Forest Pass?

This is probably a dumb question, but since we have never cruised with Disney before, I was wondering what is it and what is included in the Tropical Rain Forest Pass?

Trying to debate weather we should book the Romantic Escape at Sea add on or not.
And how soon can you book that package ahead of time?

MelissaP@CruisingCo.com
Cruising Co. and MouseEars Vacations
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips1972-1974 WDW Off-site 1975 WDW Contemporary 1976-1988 Off-site 2007- 10th Anniversary Trip- WDW All Star Music Resort 2008- 11th Annivesary Trip - Port Orleans Resort, Boardwalk Villas 2009- 12th - Anniversary Trip-September- Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Villlas (Conceirge), Caribbean Beach Resort, Grand Floridian, Disney Cruise Magic 2009 - December-Coronado Springs Resort
Princessdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 01:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
PassPorter Message Board Manager

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 3
The Tropical Rainforest Pass entitles you to use the Tropical Rainforest throughout your cruise. That consists of the hot stone chairs (heavenly!), showers, sauna and steam rooms. I use these facilities a lot, so it's very worth it for me. You need to work out if it would work out to be a good deal for you. I can't help with your other question I'm afraid.

Enjoying time with my donkey boy on our holiday visit to Disneyland Paris. The trip report for our Italy road trip also continues.

I'm Cheryl and I'm the author of PassPorter's Walt Disney World for British Holidaymakers and the co-author of PassPorter's Disney Vacation Club Guide I'm also one of the PassPorter guides for the Disney Vacation Club, Eateries, Globetrotting, Globetrotting Trip Reports, Disneyland Resort Paris and Disneyland Trip Reports forums.
My Countdown Counting down to: Our weekend away in Longleat
4 days, 11 hours, 8 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisney: 17 trips to WDW, 5 to Disneyland in California, 8 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 6 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy to the Caribbean (three times), Alaska (once) and the Mediterranean (twice). Non-Disney (because otherwise I can't keep track...): American cities (Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington DC), American National Parks (Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Death Valley, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Grand Tetons, Virgin Islands, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion), Hawaii (Oahu, Kauai, Maui and Big Island) and Europe (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Spain (including Tenerife, Lanzarote and Mallorca), Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Monaco, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
chezp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 09:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Navigator

I can answer your questions regarding the Romance at Sea package... this is from a prior post of mine:

We cruised on the Wonder May 13-17, 2007 and since it was our 20th wedding anniversary, I decided to book the Romance at Sea Package. Partly because it was our anniversary and partly because as a travel agent who specializes in Disney, I wanted first-hand experience with the pros and cons with the package.

First off, the stateroom gift included in the package was wonderful - two waffle-weave robes embroidered with the DCL logo, a silver DCL 8x10 picture frame and a heart-shaped box of Ghirardelli chocolates all placed in a pretty basket. There was also an anniversary card from the Captain and officers.

Booking at 105-days was a nice perk but as Castaway Club members who can book at 90-days, I don't know if that particular option was much of a benefit in our situation. We did get the exact day and time for our Palo dinner & brunch that I wanted but don't know if the 15 days earlier made much difference. It would, however, be a benefit to first-time cruisers as they can jump to the head of the reservations line for Palo (definately a plus for shorter cruises) and harder-to-book shore excursions.

We didn't use the Tropical Rainforest pass (too much else to do!) but the other parts of the package were nice. Our rose-petal turn-down service was beautiful and the choices for our champagne brunch the next morning were good. They ended up bringing us TWO of everything that we ordered so we had more than enough food! You can order hot items like blueberry pancakes and eggs benedict - normally room service breakfast is cold / continental items only (unless you're a suite guest!)

Our Palo dinner was fantastic (but then again, it always is) but was made even better by the fantastic service of Serena. She couldn't have been any more wonderful! The $10 per-person cost is covered by the package along with a bottle of wine. Since my husband doesn't drink (and two drinks would be a no-no with my medications), I opted for a single glass of wine which she recommended. At the end of the evening, she brought us an entire bottle of the wine to take with us (so I only had to pay for the single glass).

All-in-all, it was a lovely experience. If you're celebrating a special occasion, then it is a great way to add a bit more magic to your cruise. Was it worth the extra money? I feel it was, even with not using the rain forest pass (which was hard on a 4-night cruise to find the time). The stateroom gift alone was about $200 worth of goodies (I was told the robe included isn't the same one sold in the gift shop to guests which makes it more exclusive). Not everyone has the same idea of what a good value is - some want to see cold, hard items to equal the dollar value spent but some of this package can't be measured in monetary terms. Booking early to guarantee what you've got your heart set on can be more priceless than any picture frame! The obvious time and effort into creating towel swans, a heart made out of rose petals, and a petals on the floor was touching. My 20th wedding anniversary only comes around once - and we were fortunate enough to celebrate in our happiest place. The Romance at Sea package was a wonderful extension of that celebration.

When did we book the champagne breakfast and Palo dinner?

1. We picked the morning of Castaway Cay for our champagne breakfast. That way we could take our time getting ready and still be off the ship early. We did not have a choice for which night the turn-down service was. When we boarded the ship there was a letter in our cabin letting us know what night it was. Turns out is was the night before Castaway Cay so it worked out with when I wanted to have the breakfast. The only morning you can't choose is disembarkment day. Note that the service time is PROMPT! You check off what time frame you want it delivered and *PRESTO* food was there, piping hot and delicious!

2. Our Palo night was on our anniversary night so I didn't care which dining rotation we missed. Sea days are popular choices and book quickly. Early times on port days can be available and the show at Animator's is only shown during the first rotation if that helps make your decision.

I do feel the package was worth it, especially for a once-in-a-lifetime occasion. You can add the package any time up to final payment date.

Happy cruising!

Yes, I am a Disney Addict... and I'd rather be cruising!.
My Countdown Counting down to: Megan's Suite-16th surprise birthday cruise!
Ahoy, Mickey!
My Previous TripsAug 97, Inaguaral DCL 1998, Sept 98, Aug 02, Dec 03, May 04, Jul 07, Aug 04, Nov 04, May 05, WDW & DCL Dec 05, May 06, Jul 06, Oct 06, DCL Mar 07, WDW & DCL May 07, Dec 07, DL & DCL EB Panama Aug 08, non-DCL Dec 08, Aug 09, DCL Jan 10
OffKilter_Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote