Price of pics at Shutters - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Disney Cruise Line > Planning Your Disney Cruise Voyage
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: MouseEarVacations.com
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 07:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 7
Price of pics at Shutters

Does anyone know the current cost of pictures at Shutters? I'm trying to decide if I should buy the 30 picture package that you can get pre-cruise for $199. It gives you 30 credits, and then you use 1 credit for a 6x8, or 2 credits for an 8x10. That means the smaller pictures end up being $6.63 each, or $13.27 for an 8x10. I think that is less than we paid directly at Shutters, but just trying to figure that out. I assume I'll find 30 pictures I want over the course of 12 nights!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisneyLand too many times to count; DisneyWorld: ('82; '94; '00; '04; '05; '08 - twice!; '10;'11 - twice; '13); DCL (all 4 ships): ('00, '05, '06, '10, '11, '13); DVC Hilton Head Resort :D ('06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13 - twice)
cubfancolleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
RED SOX NATION!!
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

I believe 8x10 are $20, and 6x8 are $10.

Marnie - PassPorter Co-Guide THE FAMILY ROOM , DISNEY WORLD TRIP REPORTS and GLOBETROTTING TRIP REPORTS

The Disneyland, San Diego, and Vegas oh my! Trip Report

The Trip of a Lifetime - Alaska Land and Sea - Trip Report

Non-Creative Title Spring Break Adventures Trip Report

A Whirlwind Trip to Arizona/Utah and the National Parks - UPDATED 9/27!

My Countdown Counting down to: Grand Canyon, Arches, Canyonlands
Hiking around the National Parks
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsAPR '12 - POFQ, JUL '10 - DL, AUG '09 - DCL Western, AUG '08 - POFQ/BC, AUG '06 - AKL/BC/DisneyWonder/Poly, DEC '05 - AKL, APR '05 - AKL/BC, DEC '04 - AKL, MAY '04 - AKL/BC, MAY '03 - WL/BC, MAY '98 -offsite, MAY '94 - BC, AUG '85 - Poly, AUG '83 - Poly, AUG '81 - Poly, JUL '79 - World Inn, JUL '76 - World Inn
Colexis Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

Great, thanks! I knew I'd get a quick answer here.
So I think I will prepay for the package then!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisneyLand too many times to count; DisneyWorld: ('82; '94; '00; '04; '05; '08 - twice!; '10;'11 - twice; '13); DCL (all 4 ships): ('00, '05, '06, '10, '11, '13); DVC Hilton Head Resort :D ('06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13 - twice)
Old 05-10-2010, 10:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

Concierge Level: 5
I now last time we did not get the package and I spent like 300.00 on photos..I have already said that this time we are getting the package we could have gotten more and spent less.
mouseclub4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Community Rank: Scout

Where do you buy the package? Is it on the DCL website?

April 2012
My Countdown Counting down to: Spring Break 2013
checking out the new Fantasyland!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsMarch 1989 - offsite; April/May 2002 - Coronado Springs; March 2003 - All Star Movies; May 2003 - offsite; July 2003 - Port Orleans Riverside; April/May 2006 - Port Orleans Riverside; September 2007 - All Star Sports; August/September 2008 - All Star Movies and Pop Century; June 2009 - Pop Century; August 2010 - All Star Sports & Disney Wonder; June 2011 - All Star Music; April 2012 - Disney Fantasy
pamcarey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamcarey View Post
Where do you buy the package? Is it on the DCL website?
Yes, if you go to the DCL website, and under planning, click on gifts & ammenities. There are all kinds of things to pre-purchase: water, wine, beer, sail-away kits, photo albums, flowers, fruit baskets, and picture credits.
You need to either call to order, or fax in the order form. Kind of annoying that you can't order online.
My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 05-10-2010, 01:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

Could you copy the photos if you buy them or do you have to get the CD to copy/reprint them?
Old 05-10-2010, 08:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Community Rank: Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubfancolleen View Post
Yes, if you go to the DCL website, and under planning, click on gifts & ammenities. There are all kinds of things to pre-purchase: water, wine, beer, sail-away kits, photo albums, flowers, fruit baskets, and picture credits.
You need to either call to order, or fax in the order form. Kind of annoying that you can't order online.
Thanks for the info!

April 2012
My Countdown Counting down to: Spring Break 2013
checking out the new Fantasyland!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsMarch 1989 - offsite; April/May 2002 - Coronado Springs; March 2003 - All Star Movies; May 2003 - offsite; July 2003 - Port Orleans Riverside; April/May 2006 - Port Orleans Riverside; September 2007 - All Star Sports; August/September 2008 - All Star Movies and Pop Century; June 2009 - Pop Century; August 2010 - All Star Sports & Disney Wonder; June 2011 - All Star Music; April 2012 - Disney Fantasy
pamcarey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Community Rank: Sightseer

Quote:
Does anyone know the current cost of pictures at Shutters? I'm trying to decide if I should buy the 30 picture package that you can get pre-cruise for $199. It gives you 30 credits, and then you use 1 credit for a 6x8, or 2 credits for an 8x10. That means the smaller pictures end up being $6.63 each, or $13.27 for an 8x10. I think that is less than we paid directly at Shutters, but just trying to figure that out. I assume I'll find 30 pictures I want over the course of 12 nights!
There is no need to preorder a photo package before you sail. It is the same price on the ship (or 50% cheaper if you end up buying the photo CD). Wait until you get onboard, decide if you want to buy the CD or not, then start off buying the smallest credit package that you know for sure you will use (you can always upgrade packages but can't downgrade.)

If you prepurchase the photo credit packages, then decide to buy the CD once onboard, I doubt that they will give you a 50% refund on the photo package.

Quote:
Great, thanks! I knew I'd get a quick answer here.
So I think I will prepay for the package then!
If you haven't bought it already, please see above!

Quote:
The biggest reason that I could see for buying a photo credit package in advance is if you have a family member not sailing with you who wants to give you a gift while on your cruise. However, you'd be better off having them give you an onboard credit, so you have more flexibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydiana View Post
Could you copy the photos if you buy them or do you have to get the CD to copy/reprint them?
Yes, you can get a copyright release online after your cruise, that you can print and take with you to get the pictures copied or scanned. If you buy the CD, they usually include a copy of the release inside the CD case.
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDCL WBTA Sept 2010, DCL 4nt Bahamas Jan 2010, WDW AKL Jan 2010, DCL Western Dec 2009, DCL Eastern Dec 2008, Epcot Aug 2008, DCL Western Dec 2005, WDW March 1998
HallsofVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:03 AM   #10 (permalink)

Great! Thank you. I was planning to do my pre-order tomorrow (payday), so glad you posted this. I will wait until I'm on board, then. Glad to hear that there is also a CD option!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 05-20-2010, 08:51 AM   #11 (permalink)
Community Rank: Sightseer

Quote:
Great! Thank you. I was planning to do my pre-order tomorrow (payday), so glad you posted this. I will wait until I'm on board, then. Glad to hear that there is also a CD option!
You're welcome, *neighbor*! Glad it wasn't too late. Enjoy your Baltic cruise. I have some good friends on that sailing as well. I'm sure it will be fun!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDCL WBTA Sept 2010, DCL 4nt Bahamas Jan 2010, WDW AKL Jan 2010, DCL Western Dec 2009, DCL Eastern Dec 2008, Epcot Aug 2008, DCL Western Dec 2005, WDW March 1998
HallsofVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:04 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallsofVA View Post
You're welcome, *neighbor*!
Saw you are in my neck of the woods! And one up on me for DCL - this will be our 4th. Hoping to do the Dream in mid-2011 to reach that Gold Castaway Club level!
We are really looking forward to the Baltic cruise. 2 years ago, before this itin was announced, we'd been planning on a TA crossing, but then this was unveiled. Almost to the point of counting the hours rather than the days!
My PassPorter Bookshelf