Rainforest Room Pass - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Disney Cruise Line > Planning Your Disney Cruise Voyage
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: MouseEarVacations.com
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2011, 07:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Day-Tripper

Rainforest Room Pass

When I cruised on the Wonder I was able to buy a length of cruise pass for the Rainforest Room when I was on board. Going on the Magic in December and I was looking to buy a week long pass. Do I have to wait until I get on the ship? I see a one day pass on the DCL gift site, but that's it.

Thanks
Disney Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Quacktastic!

Concierge Level: 6
I believe you have to wait until you get on the ship. That might be one of the first things you want to do.

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!
Proud DVC Member since December 2010
Home Resort: Bay Lake Towers
Diagnosed Sleep Apnea June 2012
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWestern Caribbean December 2013, Beach Club July 2013, SSR March 2013,POFQ June/July '12, Disney Fantasy 7nt EC Apr '12, BLT 1-BDRM Jan '12, Disney Magic 7 nt EC/POFQ 4 nights Dec '10, Disney Wonder 4 night/Pop Century 2 nights Dec '08, Coronado Springs Dec '07, Off Site/Vacation Home Dec '05, Off Site/Vacation Home Dec '04, Off Site/Vacation Home Oct '03, Port Orleans Riverside Feb '02, Disney Institute (Now Saratoga Springs) May '00
Donald_Quackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

You can't prebook it. Go up to the spa after boarding to get your pass. It's $15 per day per person use the Rain Forest Room. They'll put a sticker on your KTTW card showing you've paid and you present that each time you want to use the Rainforest Room.
My Previous Trips4 M.K. visits 70s/80s, Epcot '88 & '90, M.K. June '04; M.K., A.K., Cont. March '05; M.K. June '05; Epcot, MGM, M.K. Yacht Club March '06; M.K., June '06; Wonder 4 nights, March '07; M.K., Grand Floridian, June '07; M.K., Epcot, Studios, Yacht Club, March '08, M.K. & A.K.L. June '08; the Wonder, March '09, the Poly June '09; G.F. March '10, W.L. '10; W.L. March '11; A.K.L. June '11; Alaska July 2011; W.L., March '12; GF, June '12; Fantasy/Western, March '13
modisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Concierge Level: 5
Thanks for the info on the RainForest Room.

Fun with Stitch while sailing in the Med on the Magic!
My Countdown Counting down to: Pre-swim camp trip to Disney!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsFirst trip: Disneyland Ju.y 1965 with my grandparents, 16th Birthday party at the Contemporary in 1973, many trips to WDW since then, most recent, Grand Floridian, November 2006, DCL Mediterranean Cruise July 2007, Margaret's 8th birthday trip to the Polynesian, June 2008, Grand Floridian Concierge November 2008, March and November2009, DCL Inaugural Baltic Cruise June 2010. Polynesian Resort November 2010, All Star Sports March 2011, Polynesian March 2011, Disney Dream Concierge, November 2011, Contemporary CL November 2011, Disney Fantasy Concierge, October 2012, Adventures By Disney Backstage Magic June 2012, Disney Magic Mediterranean Cruise June 2013, Polynesian October 2013, Tanzania Safari December2013 celebrating my Mom's 80th birthday, Yacht Club Club Level, June 2014
MickeyWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

Can anyone do this, or only people with Spa packages booked. I would love the idea of doing this. If I dont think I will use it for the full 7 days, could I just buy a rainforest pass on the days I would like to use it? At Sea days would be a given, but idk if I will have time on port days.

Thanks

Faith, Trust, & Pixie Dust,
Letitia Shuttleworth
Authorized Vacation Planner
MickeyTravels
letitia@mickeytravels.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Micke...17159775044763
My Countdown Counting down to: World Cheerleading Competition @ ESPN Wide World of Sports
We're at WORLDS!!!!!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW June 2005- Off Prop, WDW March 2008- Off Prop, WDW March 2009- Pop Century Resort, WDW April 2010- Caribbean Beach Resort, WDW December 2010- Polynesian Resort
lshuttleworth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
PassPorter Author

PassPorter's Club Passholder
What's this?

Community Rank: Explorer

Anyone can do this, although I'm fairly certain they limit the number of passes so demand doesn't out-strip supply. Day passes may be available, but again, if they've sold a lot of all-cruise passes, you may be out of luck. This would be especially true on the at-sea days, for the very reason that everyone is on the ship. On at-sea days, it's not uncommon for folks who already have passes to have to come back later, because the Rainforest is currently full.

Use of the Rainforest (for the day) is included in some spa treatments, but that's a different matter.

Co-Author, PassPorter's Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Disney Cruise Line, and PassPorter's Disneyland and Southern California Attractions

http://www.passporter.com/
My Countdown Counting down to: Disney Magic Post-Drydock
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsToo many to recall!
Dave Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Can someone explain to me what the Rainforest room is. Is it just showers and loungers? Is it co-ed? Anyone have a pic? Thanks for any info.
I'm looking for info on the one on the Dream, but I am guessing they are all similar?

<a rel=/" border="0" />
MY CRUISE PTR

My Countdown Counting down to:
My Previous TripsMany as a kid in the early 80's all at the Poly, GRAD NITE 92, offsite in 96 and 2005, CBR May 2007, Poly Dec.2008, GF Dec.2009, Poly Oct. 2010, BC/DCL DREAM/AKL Oct.2011,POR RGR May2012, Poly Sep 2012, BC/CL May 2013
Linnynad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
PassPorter Author

PassPorter's Club Passholder
What's this?

The Rainforest room is described as a "thermal suite." It's steam rooms, saunas, special showers, plus those heated tile loungers (also in a semi-steam room). The Dream does have more extensive facilities than the Magic and Wonder. The area's designed, like most spa facilities to encourage relaxation, so the lights are dim, it's fairly quiet, etc.

I did a quick search in our photo archive, and came up with shots of the spa on the Dream, but not on the Magic/Wonder.

Message - PassPorter Photos

If you have our DCL guide, you can read about it on page 199 (of the current edition).

Co-Author, PassPorter's Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Disney Cruise Line, and PassPorter's Disneyland and Southern California Attractions

http://www.passporter.com/
My Countdown Counting down to: Disney Magic Post-Drydock
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsToo many to recall!
Dave Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Community Rank: Day-Tripper

Thanks

Thanks Dave (and everyone else). The Rainforest Room was my favorite indulgence on my last cruise and I so badly want the length of cruise pass. I guess I know what I will do first when I get on the ship.
Disney Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

Rainforest room is co-ed. There are, of course, separate changing areas and they provide robes. The heated tile lounges don't look like much, but they are heavenly. I plan to spend hours reading/napping there on my next cruise.

My Previous TripsMost recent WDW trip 2/14; Most recent DLR trip 7/12; Most recent DCL trip 7/12 Alaska Wonder
lauriep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:12 AM   #11 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 7
The Rainforest on the Dream is AH-MAZING! I want to live there. I will try to post pictures of it in the morning. We bought length of cruise passes ($99 for two of us for the 4 night) and used it every day. There are 4 different showers, two steam rooms, a sauna, 10 tile loungers and 2 hot tubs. The tubs and the sauna have windows - with open windows to the outside by the tubs. You can also see the water from the tile loungers. I thought I loved the Rainforest on the Magic, but the Dream, aaaaaahhhhhhhhh.
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisneyLand too many times to count; DisneyWorld: ('82; '94; '00; '04; '05; '08 - twice!; '10;'11 - twice; '13); DCL (all 4 ships): ('00, '05, '06, '10, '11, '13); DVC Hilton Head Resort :D ('06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13 - twice)
cubfancolleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:32 AM   #12 (permalink)

As promised, here's a photo taken while laying on one of the tile loungers, looking out to the area with the hot tubs. You may be able to tell, we were still at Castaway Cay when I took it. They were all taken with my iPad, rather than camera, so they may be a little on the grainy side.

Here's my DH reading on the lounger. (Have I mentioned just how much I LOVE those tile loungers? I really need one put in my house somewhere. Far from the kids.....)

And here's DH out by the hot tubs (which each hold 2 people; there are 2 of them). The area right about the railing, where he's looking out, is open - no glass. The lower part and upper part are glass windows. Hope that makes sense?

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisneyLand too many times to count; DisneyWorld: ('82; '94; '00; '04; '05; '08 - twice!; '10;'11 - twice; '13); DCL (all 4 ships): ('00, '05, '06, '10, '11, '13); DVC Hilton Head Resort :D ('06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13 - twice)
Old 09-08-2011, 08:02 AM   #13 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubfancolleen View Post
The Rainforest on the Dream is AH-MAZING! I want to live there. I will try to post pictures of it in the morning. We bought length of cruise passes ($99 for two of us for the 4 night) and used it every day. There are 4 different showers, two steam rooms, a sauna, 10 tile loungers and 2 hot tubs. The tubs and the sauna have windows - with open windows to the outside by the tubs. You can also see the water from the tile loungers. I thought I loved the Rainforest on the Magic, but the Dream, aaaaaahhhhhhhhh.
Just a question- I thought it was $15 for the RR. If you buy a length of stay pass for a 7 night cruise, is it 15 times 6 or 15 times 7. If you only paid $99 for two adults, that is definitely not 15 x 4 x 2. Just curious if you get a price break for purchasing the length of stay, and how much it would be on a 7 night cruise.

Thanks

Faith, Trust, & Pixie Dust,
Letitia Shuttleworth
Authorized Vacation Planner
MickeyTravels
letitia@mickeytravels.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Micke...17159775044763
My Countdown Counting down to: World Cheerleading Competition @ ESPN Wide World of Sports
We're at WORLDS!!!!!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW June 2005- Off Prop, WDW March 2008- Off Prop, WDW March 2009- Pop Century Resort, WDW April 2010- Caribbean Beach Resort, WDW December 2010- Polynesian Resort
lshuttleworth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:01 AM   #14 (permalink)

It was a break for length of cruise. 4 days was $99 for two. Individually, it would have been $120.
My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 09-08-2011, 03:18 PM   #15 (permalink)

This is one of my favorite things and will DEFINITLY be getting one for our Fantasy cruise in July. LOVED it on the Wonder.

My PassPorter Bookshelf
GATechGal is offline   Reply With Quote