Eastern Caribbean Port Adventures - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Disney Cruise Line > Planning Your Disney Cruise Voyage
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: MouseEarVacations.com
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

Eastern Caribbean Port Adventures

Hello!
We're sailing on the Fantasy Eastern Caribbean cruise in Sept. I'm trying to find at least one excursion for my family to do at either St. Maarten or St. Thomas. We will have DDs 5 and 1. Does anyone have suggestions? I noticed the Coral World and Butterfly Garden, has anyone been there?

Thank you!
My Previous TripsI've been about 25times! Too many to list. Most recent..Summer 2000 Disney Cruise Wonder, Summer 2001 Disney Cruise Wonder, Summer 2002 Yacht Club, August 2004 Yacht Club, May 2005 Caribbean, Nov 2005 off property, May 2007 All Star Movies, Sept. 2007 Port Orleans French Quarter, October 2008 Grand Floridian, September/October 2009 Yacht Club, October 2010 Polynesian, May 2011 Boardwalk, December 2011 CBR, Disney Dream Sept 2012, POFQ May 2013, Disney Fantasy Sept 2013
Cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Community Rank: Sightseer

You are going to have so much fun! My daughter and I did an Eastern cruise on the Magic last year in Feb. Different ship but same ports. We are booked for the Fantasy Eastern in Feb 2014 and cannot wait!

Here are the excursions we did:

St. Maarten - on our own took a taxi to the Butterfly farm and then walked to a perfect kid - friendly beach called Le Galion. The butterfly farm and beach are very close to Orient Bay which is a popular place. We asked the cab driver and she dropped us off right after dropping people off at Orient Bay. The butterly farm was neat but the beach is awsome!! No nudity and in a protected cove so very little waves and shallow. You can rent a chair and umbrella for about $10 and there is a good beachside eatery with food and drinks. Then just take a taxi back to the port. Very fun and also pretty budget friendly.

St. Thomas - we did the Disney excursion to Coral World that included the semi sub tour. We really enjoyed this too. Coral World isnt too big so you can pretty much see everything. My daughters favorite was feeding the birds in the aviary there. Also had a really nice gift shop! I didnt feel like the cost was too high considering what we got for the money spent.

Castaway Cay - we shared a Cabana with another family - AWESOME. And, we also did the stingray excursion which I would highly recommend too.

Happy planning and have a great time!
SDJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDJen View Post
You are going to have so much fun! My daughter and I did an Eastern cruise on the Magic last year in Feb. Different ship but same ports. We are booked for the Fantasy Eastern in Feb 2014 and cannot wait!

Here are the excursions we did:

St. Maarten - on our own took a taxi to the Butterfly farm and then walked to a perfect kid - friendly beach called Le Galion. The butterfly farm and beach are very close to Orient Bay which is a popular place. We asked the cab driver and she dropped us off right after dropping people off at Orient Bay. The butterly farm was neat but the beach is awsome!! No nudity and in a protected cove so very little waves and shallow. You can rent a chair and umbrella for about $10 and there is a good beachside eatery with food and drinks. Then just take a taxi back to the port. Very fun and also pretty budget friendly.

St. Thomas - we did the Disney excursion to Coral World that included the semi sub tour. We really enjoyed this too. Coral World isnt too big so you can pretty much see everything. My daughters favorite was feeding the birds in the aviary there. Also had a really nice gift shop! I didnt feel like the cost was too high considering what we got for the money spent.

Castaway Cay - we shared a Cabana with another family - AWESOME. And, we also did the stingray excursion which I would highly recommend too.

Happy planning and have a great time!
Sounds like you had a blast! This is all great info. Thank you!!
My Previous TripsI've been about 25times! Too many to list. Most recent..Summer 2000 Disney Cruise Wonder, Summer 2001 Disney Cruise Wonder, Summer 2002 Yacht Club, August 2004 Yacht Club, May 2005 Caribbean, Nov 2005 off property, May 2007 All Star Movies, Sept. 2007 Port Orleans French Quarter, October 2008 Grand Floridian, September/October 2009 Yacht Club, October 2010 Polynesian, May 2011 Boardwalk, December 2011 CBR, Disney Dream Sept 2012, POFQ May 2013, Disney Fantasy Sept 2013
Cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote