PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums

PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums (http://www.passporterboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Going Behind the Scenes: Trivia, News, and Rumors at Walt Disney World (http://www.passporterboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Tell me this isn't true! (http://www.passporterboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287427)

2princessmom 01-03-2015 05:27 PM

Tell me this isn't true!

A friend sent me this article that states that Walt Disney Co. has decided to kill Mickey in 2015 and that there will be a movie showing his fate. Does this mean no more meet and greets? Why would they do this?

They are saying it is because noone lives for forever. But that is what is so special about Disney. It is timeless and their characters live forever!

Here is the link to the article: Disney Plans To Kill Off Iconic Character Mickey Mouse After 86 Years As Mascot | Empire News

xpdchief 01-03-2015 05:55 PM

Personally I don't believe they woud ever kill off Mickey. If there position truly is that no one lives forever, and THEY are the only ones that can teach that to our children, then why haven't they had Mickey age throughout the years. They could have shown our children how as we get older our body breaks down. They could have given him a knee (or two) replacement, heart valve replacement, etc...

If they kill the mouse, they'll kill the magic!

revral 01-03-2015 05:55 PM

What a load of bs. There's no way that Disney is going to kill Mickey for two reasons. Reason #1: Mickey is Disney. Disney is Mickey. The backlash Disney would receive from killing off the shining star of their empire would be massive and likely destroy the company. Reason #2: Mickey earns the company too much money for them to kill him off.

2princessmom 01-03-2015 07:07 PM

I agree with both of you and hope that is true! I am not sure the magic would be the same if Mickey dies!

bobr 01-03-2015 07:13 PM

A quote from the Empire News website
" Empire News is a satirical and entertainment website. We only use invented names in all our stories, except in cases when public figures are being satirized. Any other use of real names is accidental and coincidental."

DopeyGirl 01-03-2015 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobr (Post 4405626)
A quote from the Empire News website
" Empire News is a satirical and entertainment website. We only use invented names in all our stories, except in cases when public figures are being satirized. Any other use of real names is accidental and coincidental."

:yeahthat: Empire News is a satire site much like The Onion, National Report, The Borowitz Report or The Daily Currant. The stories they post on their sites are all in "fun" and are not real. :no:

Here is a list of some of the most well known satire news sites on the web: A Guide to Fake News Websites

2princessmom 01-04-2015 09:48 AM

Got me! Thanks for letting me know!