PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums

PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums (http://www.passporterboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Going Behind the Scenes: Trivia, News, and Rumors at Walt Disney World (http://www.passporterboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   new fantastyland phase 1 to open late march? (http://www.passporterboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256960)

elbodans 02-26-2012 03:48 PM

new fantastyland phase 1 to open late march?

i don't know if this is already common knowledge, but i was on the keys to the kingdom tour on friday and there was a sign in the tunnels stating that there would be a few attractions in the new fantasyland opening 'late march'. it was like a 'don't forget this exciting news' sort of flyer intended for employees of WDW. no dates were posted--but still. late march is sooner than i thought anything would be open.

i'm posting this in the 'rumors' board because i suppose that's what this is--a rumor. obviously i couldn't take a photo of the sign (for fear of being forever thrown out of WDW--which would be BAD!) and i don't remember the list of attractions that were posted, but there were three or four listed.

so--if anyone is going to be there late march, you should be in for a treat! :D

Ryans Mom 02-26-2012 04:16 PM

Thanks for the info! I know that Dumbo and the Great Goofini are supposed to open late march - but not sure what "3 or 4" would be...I heard rumors that Ariel is getting close :)

lauriep 02-26-2012 04:35 PM

The report I read (Allearsnet) said a late March opening for one of the Dumbo rides, the Goofy coaster and the Fantasyland Railroad Station.

elbodans 02-26-2012 05:33 PM

the goofy coaster--yes, i think that's the one i remember seeing.

drat. silly me, i planned a trip for late february. duh! guess i'll have to plan another for next year when everything is open! :p

chezp 02-27-2012 12:31 AM

Great news for anyone going from late March onwards if that turns out to be right - and if it's posted for Cast Members, it's probably pretty spot on, as you'd always make sure to communicate the right news to your staff first.

Dave Marx 02-27-2012 01:02 PM

Disney did make an announcement a little while back on the Disney Parks Blog. "Late" March is all they're willing to say. Personally, I'm hoping that means, oh, around March 21-22nd, as I'll be there before the Fantasy's March 23 preview cruise.

elbodans 02-27-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Marx (Post 3890185)
Disney did make an announcement a little while back on the Disney Parks Blog. "Late" March is all they're willing to say. Personally, I'm hoping that means, oh, around March 21-22nd, as I'll be there before the Fantasy's March 23 preview cruise.

i think the 21st sounds pretty 'late'! i hope you get to see it--though i'm sure you will!!!

Dave Marx 02-27-2012 06:39 PM

Was that the March Hare that was late... no, it was White Rabbit. ;) Worse comes to worse, I'll take a spin on Mad Hatter Teacups instead.

Quote:

Alice: "The March Hare will be much the most interesting, and perhaps as this is May it won't be raving mad -- at least not so mad as it was in March."
Presumably, that depends on how upset he'll be when Snow White's Scary Adventure closes.

rosanna 02-27-2012 06:41 PM

This is good news! Might help soften the blow of BTMRR being out of commission when we go the first week of April...

figment1 02-27-2012 09:50 PM

Very cool info :) We will be there March 24th - 31st. Thanks :)

pinkerbell 02-27-2012 10:43 PM

We could see them testing the Dumbo ride when we were there last week, so hopefully it won't be too much longer.

krisk11 03-06-2012 09:19 AM

Well I'll be there in July so I'm sure to see some new stuff. I can't wait. Maybe it will make Mickey and Minnie's houses being gone a little easier

materstater 03-06-2012 09:30 AM

Wonderful==makes up for Test Track being closed when we go!

JennV 03-06-2012 09:43 AM

wdwmagic.com is reporting today that Dumbo opening is pushed from the 12th of march to the 31st. :(

ParkieBrown 03-06-2012 01:59 PM

Can't wait!!