PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums

PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums (http://www.passporterboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Going Behind the Scenes: Trivia, News, and Rumors at Walt Disney World (http://www.passporterboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   refrigerators at values (http://www.passporterboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257424)

disneyknut 03-07-2012 12:57 PM

refrigerators at values
 
I just read on another message board that they are putting refrigerators in the value resorts.. more specifically starting at POP... anyone know if there is any truth to this rumor & are the fridges in place already?

We are staying at POP in late March & that would be a great added bonus for us ( but not necessary)

TIA for any input..

Caldercup 03-07-2012 01:20 PM

I saw the same rumor -- I think the goal is to have them done by the end of 2012 (maybe as early as the Fall.)

I haven't heard anything concrete from Disney, however.

allgiggles 03-07-2012 02:52 PM

I saw on another board that permits were filed/approved to make the modifications for refrigerators in the rooms at Pop. A CM posted that all rooms at Pop would have a refrigerator by the end of April. Other Values to follow after that. Also read that Values haven't been charging for refrigerators recently. Not sure how consistent that is, but I saw at least 3 different people post that they didn't get charged for a fridge during their stay in the last few weeks. None of those requests were for medical reasons.

Ashli 03-07-2012 03:09 PM

This rumor was floating around last summer, saying that they would be installed by August (I think it was) of 2011. We didn't have a fridge when we were at ASMo in October though. I'm not saying it's definitely not going to happen, but I think this rumor has been active for a while...just seems like they keep revising the install date. Maybe since it's so popular there is some truth to it though, so you never know! ;)

(About people saying they have stayed in values recently and not been charged for a fridge, when this was being discussed last summer people were saying the same thing. Some others came in though and said that they'd experienced that for the last few years. It seems like sometimes if someone who had the room just before you had a fridge and they didn't come get it before they turned the room over to you, you'd get one but not be charged since you didn't request it.)

allgiggles 03-07-2012 03:36 PM

At least now there was a permit filed for the construction and resort CM's have reported this week that they received an e-mail indicating all Values would have refrigerators in the rooms by the end of April. That's a little more encouraging than past rumors (not that every CM has accurate information -- but the permits are public record.)

Caldercup 03-07-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allgiggles (Post 3897091)
At least now there was a permit filed for the construction and resort CM's have reported this week that they received an e-mail indicating all Values would have refrigerators in the rooms by the end of April. That's a little more encouraging than past rumors (not that every CM has accurate information -- but the permits are public record.)

Are you sure it's "all values" by April? I think it's just one, with others to follow over the rest of 2012.

disneyknut 03-07-2012 05:55 PM

Eileen- that's what I heard too... Pop Century by April then the rest to follow.

All of this talk got me thinking that I might have to call POP.. I totally forgot that DH's insulin needs refrigerated (It's such an every day thing it slipped my mind) so I will need to reserve a fridge or does value resorts have places that we can keep the insulin??

Caldercup 03-07-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disneyknut (Post 3897191)
I will need to reserve a fridge or does value resorts have places that we can keep the insulin??

You should call and tell them that you have a "medical need" for a fridge. They will often just put a fridge in a value room when given a medical request, but they do apparently have small (shoe-box sized) fridges that I've read about... I've just never been given one when I reserved a medically-necessary fridge.

:luck:

dolphin041599 03-07-2012 06:43 PM

From what I understand, they will put a fridge in your room if you need it for medical reasons.

It would be great if they put fridges in all the values. Its the one thing I miss in the value. Well, that and the hot tub! LOL!

disneyknut 03-07-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caldercup (Post 3897194)
You should call and tell them that you have a "medical need" for a fridge. They will often just put a fridge in a value room when given a medical request, but they do apparently have small (shoe-box sized) fridges that I've read about... I've just never been given one when I reserved a medically-necessary fridge.

:luck:

We'd probably just need the shoe box size but it would be nice to have a mini fridge... I will definitely call tomorrow & have that added to our requests... :eek: seems like the list is growing longer:( Jim needs to have ground floor due to having neuropathy & now I have to add his diabetes ..

I always find it funny that I'm 7 years older than him & MUCH healthier..

allgiggles 03-08-2012 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caldercup (Post 3897187)
Are you sure it's "all values" by April? I think it's just one, with others to follow over the rest of 2012.

No, I'm not sure. I was just relaying the information from the blurb of the e-mail that the CM's posted. I do know that someone confirmed last night that when they checked in at Pop yesterday there was a new/modified entertainment center with a refrigerator installed in their room (they had not requested one -- it was a permanent installation) and that they saw crews working on other rooms. All we need now is a picture. :D

disneyknut 03-08-2012 10:09 AM

I just (5 minutes ago) called POP directly & asked & the CM said that as of March 5th all rooms are equipped with a mini fridge.. so that's good to know.

Roxie2006 03-08-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disneyknut (Post 3897632)
I just (5 minutes ago) called POP directly & asked & the CM said that as of March 5th all rooms are equipped with a mini fridge.. so that's good to know.

Thanks for the UPDATE. Does anyone know when AS Sports might have the mini fridges put in??????

disneyknut 03-11-2012 03:05 PM

THe CM said they are putting them in all resort rooms & it should be done by the end of the year..

I Love Pluto 03-11-2012 06:58 PM

We LOVE POP! A refrigerator just makes a great thing a "better" great thing!

Thank you to the Refrigerator Fairy! :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1998-2017 PassPorter Travel Press/MediaMarx, Inc.
Celebrating 19 Years of Making Dreams Come True
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger