PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums

PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums (http://www.passporterboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Going Behind the Scenes: Trivia, News, and Rumors at Walt Disney World (http://www.passporterboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   And word about SpectroMagic returning? (http://www.passporterboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262915)

nanpchef 07-25-2012 10:14 AM

And word about SpectroMagic returning?

For the one-hundredth time, DH has asked if I have read anything about SpectroMagic returning to Magic Kingdom. He absolutely hates the Main Street Electric Light Parade. The music drives him right out of the park (or at least to the opposite side of the park).

Anyone heard anything?

JKnott17 07-25-2012 10:49 AM

I saw this article a few weeks ago, it says that it may be returning next spring:

Disney Confidential – Spectro Magic to return to WDW next spring

nanpchef 07-25-2012 11:15 AM

Ooooh! He will be happy to hear that! My DGD has not seen the ELP yet, so she can still see that one this December.

Thanks for the link!

EddieCVS 07-25-2012 11:54 AM

I read that it was returning next year.

MayraLR 07-25-2012 01:50 PM

I hope so! I love Spectromagic!

jimmymac 07-25-2012 01:53 PM

I read somewhere Spring 2013

kundel 07-27-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanpchef (Post 3995703)
For the one-hundredth time, DH has asked if I have read anything about SpectroMagic returning to Magic Kingdom. He absolutely hates the Main Street Electric Light Parade. The music drives him right out of the park (or at least to the opposite side of the park).

Anyone heard anything?

No kidding I am with him I love spectro magic music and i simply can't stand Electric Light Parade music. I just hope it is time for spring break! :crazy::crazy::crazy:

MommaDante 07-31-2012 10:13 PM

Wow. Hate is such a strong word. :shocked: I guess I'm the weirdo who's really happy to see the Mainstreet Electrical Parade, I actually love the music from it. x] Anyway, I'd prefer to see a brand new parade debut next year, rather than bringing back another one. But it'll be fun, no matter what they choose to do.

NOT A PACKER'S FAN 08-01-2012 05:14 PM

No Momma Dante You are not alone!!!! I love MSEP, and am anxious to see it again, I saw Spectromagic every time with daughter, and Iam anxious for her to see the parade from my younger days!!!!

GinnyMouse 08-01-2012 06:47 PM

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the MSEP!!!! I'm so glad I'll be able to see it went we go in September. I grew up on MSEP and it always makes me feel nostalgic. I miss having a parade at night at the California parks.

I've never seen Spectromagic, but we're planning another WDW trip for July 2013, so I guess I'll see it then.

Luvsun 08-01-2012 07:00 PM

I know many people who are not fond of the music for MSEP.
I like both MSEP and Spectormagic! :D

krisk11 08-01-2012 07:44 PM

I'm with your husband I despise MSEP. The music is like finger nails on a chalk board. We saw it in 2011 and didn't like it and saw it again last week and hate it even more. I even tried to start a "bring back Spectro" chant LOL!!!!! Can't wait to see Spectro Magic next summer

GinnyMouse 08-01-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krisk11 (Post 4002116)
I'm with your husband I despise MSEP. The music is like finger nails on a chalk board. We saw it in 2011 and didn't like it and saw it again last week and hate it even more. I even tried to start a "bring back Spectro" chant LOL!!!!! Can't wait to see Spectro Magic next summer

As much as I adore MSEP, I have to admit I found your post pretty doggone funny! :rofl2:

guarn3md 08-01-2012 09:37 PM

Good News!! I am definitely not a fan of MSEP! I LOVE SPECTROMAGIC!! I have the music as a rington on my iPhone. Really miss watching a night time parade when we are in MK. Of course, we get in a few rides while the parade is going on so that's not a bad thing!! :)

Belle0824 08-02-2012 07:32 AM

I'm so excited!. A new parade would be great, but I miss Spectromagic!