PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums

PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums (http://www.passporterboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Going Behind the Scenes: Trivia, News, and Rumors at Walt Disney World (http://www.passporterboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Toy Story 4 (http://www.passporterboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262695)

Tigger25 07-19-2012 11:51 PM

Toy Story 4

Just announced that Pixar is seriously thinking of making toy story 4 and monster university (sequel to monsters inc) how exciting:thewave::thewave:

JKnott17 07-19-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigger25 (Post 3991605)
Just announced that Pixar is seriously thinking of making toy story 4 and monster university (sequel to monsters inc) how exciting:thewave::thewave:

Very cool! We saw a preview for Monster University when we saw Brave, but I hadn't heard anything about another Toy Story. Any info on the storyline?

EddieCVS 07-20-2012 12:00 AM

I have heard about Toy Story 4 and I love it. It has a whole new story now that Andy has left.As for Monster University, the trailer has already been released. Here it is...

Monsters University Trailer - Official Disney Pixar Video | HD - YouTube

DopeyGirl 07-20-2012 12:00 AM

Yes, Monsters University has been in the works for some time and is (so far) due to be released on June 21, 2013! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg-akC951Us

Tom Hanks has been saying for a couple of years now that he thinks that a 4th Toy Story will happen and that "they're working on it now" so it will be interesting to see if it actually happens.

The most recent Pixar announcement, though, is that they are making Finding Nemo 2! :)

EddieCVS 07-20-2012 12:04 AM

Don't forget Pixar's Planes! Here is the trailer.....

Disney Pixar: Planes - Official Trailer HD - YouTube

chezp 07-20-2012 03:07 PM

Very neat! :waytogo: I'm excited at the prospect of another sequel in this series, after the excellent Toy Story 3.

benjiboo25 07-20-2012 03:12 PM

I am behind the sequels o Toy Story, Nemo and Monsters, Inc....But the Planes seems like its just trying to be like cars. Perhaps it holds less appeal for me because I no longer have a little boy...

Fort wilderness Family 07-20-2012 03:15 PM

We love Toy Story so much, 3 seemed like a perfect ending, I hope they can continue the magic.

mousestruck 07-21-2012 12:19 PM

Oh, I so hope there is a Toy Story 4... love, love, love those movies! Also excited about Monsters University!!!

Dave Marx 07-21-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benjiboo25 (Post 3992102)
I am behind the sequels o Toy Story, Nemo and Monsters, Inc....But the Planes seems like its just trying to be like cars. Perhaps it holds less appeal for me because I no longer have a little boy...

I guess we'll see. Planes is going to be direct-to-video, and it's being produced by ToonDisney Studios, not Pixar. Lasseter, of course, is still involved, and not surprisingly, he has very good things to say about the project.

In terms of situation comedy... Yeah, we can say that Cars and Planes are both sitcoms based on vehicles. I'd guess, however, that Planes won't have much to do with Route 66 or NASCAR. It's the "human" interactions that give these films heart, so as long as they have different relationship issues and challenges to conquer, we'll probably forget that Cars and Planes started from a similar premise - what would the lives of children's toys, fish, monsters, cars, and planes be like, if they were human in all other ways?.

MommaDante 07-22-2012 05:56 PM

I can't say I'm excited. :( I thought Toy Story 3 ended on a perfect note. There's such a thing as beating a dead horse.. I was so sure Disney had finally decided not to overkill a perfectly good franchise. As for Monsters: University, I was never that big a fan of Monsters: Inc so my opinion isn't that strong. Planes sounds like something DS will enjoy.

Take my opinions with a grain of salt, I historically have fairly low opinions of Disney's sequels. :smirk:

Ashli 07-22-2012 10:05 PM

I am beyond excited for next year's Monsters University! Monsters Inc is one of my favorite movies and I was stunned about how long it's taken them to come out with a sequel (or pre-quel as in this case).

About a possible Toy Story 4....normally I would almost always say no, no, no!!!! to a series doing a 4th (even a third most of the time) movie. That said, I have felt that the Toy Story movies just have gotten better and better with each sequel (and the first one was awesome too, so that is even more impressive) and I would definitely enjoy seeing what they would do next.

Minnick27 07-23-2012 01:10 PM

I can't stand the original Toy Story, but the sequels are some of my favorite movies ever. But I'd prefer they didn't do another. 3 wrapped it up so perfect. But considering Hanks has said quite a few times they were working on it, I have to doubt it's true

num1DVCfan 07-23-2012 01:18 PM

I am excited about the possibility of Toy Story 4. I can't watch Toy Story 3 without crying (yes, every time I watch it I still cry), so I'm hoping a new story line won't be such a tear jerker for me! I can't wait for Monster University to come out! I am getting DS into Monsters Inc so we can go see it in the theaters.

I wonder what Finding Nemo 2 will be about. I hope he doesn't get lost again lol

Haleyboo99 07-23-2012 01:22 PM

I'm so excited!! :woot: :woot: Thanks for the trailer!! :D